Chapter-13 Void Seeds
373 13 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Sistine Continent, Riverwood forest]

Ling slowly stood up and inspected his body. He gazed at his hands, legs and surroundings. Then he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

‘ What the heck? I don't feel any difference. Did that girl deceive me?  ’ Ling thought.

Then he saw Vanisha entering the defensive barrier that was casted around the entrance. Vanisha looked at him and said, “Oh! You are done! ”

Ling said while being confused, “Miss Vanisha…I don't really feel that much change. Did it work? ”

Vanisha said indifferently, “Oh really! Then tell me…are your wounds hurting anymore? ”

Only then Ling realised that he felt no pain anymore although he still had some minor injuries. Ling looked at his body once again before saying, “So this is how it feels when you are a Void cultivator…. Actually I thought when I would enter the first realm of Void Cultivation…. I would be able to sense energies and the presence in surroundings…that's what I had read in books. But it seems that's not the case for Void Cultivators! ”

But Vanisha shook her head and said, “No! You still haven't entered the first void realm. You have only awakened your void powers. You must cultivate to enter the first realm of Void Cultivation. Otherwise, even though your body and soul have become stronger than your previous state… but still it's too weak when compared to other cultivators. Right now….you are like a newborn baby who has just awakened his Heavenly veins and meridians if you compare yourself with Heavenly Cultivators. ”

Ling nodded his head slowly as he said, “I see!…. Soooo are you going to become my master and teach me? ”

Vanisha said coldly, “That's right….I am going to teach you…but don't call me master..…I will never take someone like you as my desciple. If people were to know that I took a no name guy like you as my desciple…I would become a laughing stock among others. If it weren't for this dire situation... I wouldn't even have awakened your powers. ”

‘This damned woman!! ’ Ling thought as he said , “Fine then! ”

“Well then let's start your training first. First of all remember, Void Cultivation realms are different than other Cultivations. It has eight realms in total and each of them has five stages. Though the number of stages and realms are way less than Heavenly Cultivation realms…It takes way more time to even get to the first stage of Primary Void realm which is the first realm of Void Cultivation. Void Cultivation is a really slow paced cultivation if you compare it with others. Anyway...first try to enter your soul ocean.”

Ling nodded and he said , “How do I do that? ”

Vanisha said solemnly like a elder, “Well, first sit down and try to seal your all other senses except hearing. Clear your mind and try to enter the depths of your mind. As you are a Cultivator now…you should be able to feel do it. ”

Ling did as she instructed. Vanisha stood in front of him and stretched out a hand and kept it over his head. She was trying to see if he had entered his soul ocean. After thirty minutes, Ling's consciousness completely submerged into his soul ocean. At that time, Vanisha also closed her eyes as her hands started glowing with faint red light.

When Ling felt that his surroundings had changed, he slowly opened his eyes. A vast boundless dark world filled with several small stars which shone brightly in several places, was revealed in front him. He looked around and a sudden feeling struck his heart, “Why does it feel like…I have been here before? ”. But then his gaze fell on a giant stone slab with round head which was glowing with a bright white light. 

“Ling...tell me what do you see? ” Vanisha's voice resounded in his ears. He was slightly scared but then he recognized this voice. He said, “Well..nothing much to be honest. It's a black world filled with several star like things. And there is a giant stone slab with a round head which is glowing. ”

“Go near that stone slab! ” Vanisha said.

Ling nodded as he moved towards the slab. He finally stood right in front of it. There were several scriptures and patterns on the stone slab and they were shining faintly with golden light. Two circular holes almost as big as his head were located at the topmost part of the slab but no light or aura could be felt from them. And also There were eight hexagonal fist sized sockets which were covered by azure colored barriers. 

Ling was staring at the slab as Vanisha's voice sounded in his ears, “Are there any holes or sockets covered with energy barrier? ”

Ling was slightly stunned as he thought how she knew of that but then he said, “Yeah! What is it? ”

“That stone slab is called Elemental Stone. You remember…I told you that natural energy is converted to Void energy and gets stored in your body. Actually when it coverts to Void energy…the energy loses its previous elemental attributes and gets stored as pure energy that has no element. In the end, your veins are still mortal veins so if the energy circulating through them has some elemental property…your veins will be damaged. ”

Ling knitted his eyebrows as he asked, “Do you mean…that Void Cultivators can't use elemental energies like fire and water? ”

“Generally speaking yes! But there is a thing called Void Seed which allows Void Cultivators to use elemental energy. The holes that are covered with the energy barrier are the sockets for the Void Seeds. Void Seeds are special stones of a specific elemental attribute. When you reach the first realm, the first seal on the sockets will open. And just like that as you get stronger the other seals will open as well. If you are able to find any type of elemental Void Seed and place that in the sockets..then You will be able to cultivate any Heavenly Martial skill of that specific attribute. No matter how higher the rank of that Heavenly arts is or how many you want to cultivate…as long as you can comprehend the formula…you will be able to cultivate and master all of them. These void seeds and void energy actually use Soul Aura to enhance the mortal veins and meridians so that energy can circulate in them. That's why…Void Cultivation also strengthens one's soul to use these powers. ”

Ling was totally stunned. No matter how much strong or talented a practitioner was…it was known that there always lied a limit to how many Heavenly arts one could cultivate…even if it's of the same attribute. Ling knew that even the third Great Master known as Great Master of ‘Heavenly Arts’ of Sistine Continent had only cultivated six different Heavenly arts of same attribute. And he was already considered a legend. 

And right now, someone was telling Ling that he would have no such limits and he would be able to cultivate any Heavenly art despite its rank. 

But then a sudden thought came to his mind as he said, “And what if I am unable to find any of those seeds?”

“Then you will never be able to cultivate any Elemental Heavenly arts. ”  Vanisha said.

“What!!! Then do you know where those seeds can be found? ” Ling asked.

“Of course not!! Only Void Cultivators can feel their existence if the seeds are in their range of sensing. ”  Vanisha said indifferently.

“Then what are the chances of finding one? ” Ling asked  .

“To be honest…that's very low. The Ancient Clans left behind the seeds before they perished. But they hid the stones in different places in this vast universe such that only Void Cultivators can find them. ” Vanisha explained.

Ling was speechless….he just thought that he would be able to get something that was only a dream for other cultivators. But in an instant, a cold bucket of water was splashed on those thoughts.

“But why did they hide them? Couldn't they…just give it to their future generations? ” Ling asked.

“That's something no one in this world knows. And almost all the descendants of the Ancient Clans died alongside the destruction of those clans. Most of the ancient records concerning the Ancient Clans were never found. Anyway…that was the thing I wanted you to see. Come out of your soul ocean now! ” Vanisha said.

Ling gave a long disappointed sigh before nodding. He was about to close his eyes before his heart throbbed all of a sudden. He turned his head and far in a distance…there were no stars. A black mist had covered that area of his soul ocean.

When he saw that, he started moving towards it. Vanisha sensed that and said, “What are you doing? ”

“There is dark mist covered place here. I don't know why..but I think it's calling me. ” Ling said as he went towards that place. Soon he reached right before the black mist that covered the place like a barrier. He stopped for a few breaths..but the took a step forward to go inside. But as soon as he touched the dark mist, an undescribable fear and pressure clenched his heart as he felt an enormous pressure on his soul. He instantly retreated. 

Outside, Vanisha who stood quietly for almost one hour with closed eyes, abruptly opened her eyes and  moved away from Ling due to her natural instinct. But she instantly closed her eyes again and connected herself with Ling's soul, 

“Ling..I don't know what that is….but get out of there immediately! Don't go near it! ” Vanisha said hurriedly.

Ling nodded and finally closed his eyes as he got out of his soul ocean. Then Ling opened his eyes and said quakily, “What..what was that? ”

“I don't know. But I think that's also something related to Void Cultivation. Anyway I am not a Void Cultivator and the pressure emaneting from that place is terrifying. You shouldn't go near that place of your soul ocean. ” Vanisha said with somewhat surprised voice.

‘That person never told me about this!! Is this something like a secret to Void Cultivators? But why would that person keep it a secret from me? ’ Vanisha thought.

Ling nodded but then he said , “Wait! You just used Heavenly energy to connect yourself with my soul right? Won't that make things worse for you? ”

Vanisha was slightly stupefied, “Hmph! Why do you care? Anyway....compared to my power..doing things like floating or using such miniscule amount of power is not much big of a deal! But I can't use a lot of energy.”

“I see!” Ling said.

“Anyway, Let's start your training. Okay let me say this first, we will only leave this place only when you reach the first stage of Primary Void Realm as there will be many beasts outside the forest. Although I can conceal my presence..you can't and I can't help you with that. So you will definitely die if you face them the way you are now. ”

Ling nodded as he said, “Okay. ”

Vanisha continued, “From today onwards, You will cultivate for fourteen hours a day and will spar with me for two hours. ”

Ling nodded as Vanisha said with a smirk on her face, “Then training starts right now!! ”

……...

Six months had passed since Ling had become a Void Cultivator. He was meditating inside the cave. In the past six months, he has gone through a hellish training. He would cultivate fourteen hours a day. Then he would spar with Vanisha for two hours. In the first two months he was unable to touch even her shadow. He would always get beaten to a pulp after every sparring session. After four months when he became proficient enough and was close to entering the first realm of Void Cultivation…Vanisha ordered him to hunt beasts to gain more experience. There were a lot of times when he was about to get eaten but in the end he survived all of that. And finally today, after six months he was about to enter the first stage of Primary Void realm.

As he was cultivating, he suddenly felt a throbbing in his heart and his veins started expanding and contracting continuously. Soon an energy started covering his body. And then with a burst all the energy over his body disappeared.

Ling opened his eyes and slowly stood up. His eyes had changed a lot when compared to before. They were shining with a bright light. His body was nothing like before. Muscles had developed on his body. His face was clear and looked even more handsome than before. 

Ling looked at his hands and sensed his surroundings. He was finally able to sense the natural energies around him. He turned and left the cave. 

When he came out, Vanisha who was just outside looked at him. She looked slightly stunned as she asked, “You….have reached the Primary Void realm? ”

Ling nodded and said with a smile, “That's right! ”

In the past six months Ling has told Vanisha a lot of things about him… like about his parents, brother, sect, young mistress. Although Vanisha didn't tell him anything about her, but still she also revealed things like she came to know about Void Cultivation from someone who was very close to her. Eventually, they have gotten somewhat closer than before. Though they still teased and insulted each whenever they had any chance!

“Well…not bad!! ” although Vanisha said this with a calm look, she was dumbfounded as she thought in her mind, ‘Only six months to get to the first void realm…. Is that even possible? Just how much good is his comprehension ability? ’

Ling nodded and sighed a breath of relief. He was actually afraid that Vanisha would be dissatisfied with his speed. As he knew that within six months Heavenly Cultivators of the Sky Star realm which was the first realm, could easily cultivate two stages and he took six months to even enter the first realm of Void Cultivation. Although Vanisha did say that Void Cultivation was somewhat slow paced but still he didn't expect it would take six months. He thought that he was at best mediocre as a practitioner.

Vanisha said, “Now we should move out then! Where do you want to go? ”

“Shouldn't you be the one to say that? ” Ling asked.

“Well…I only want you to become strong and obtain that artifact for me. So it's up to you how you want to get stronger and where you want to go. I will not stop you and follow you as long as it is a safe place for us.”

Hearing this, Ling started thinking and said, “Well I have to find my brother and mother. But I don't know anything about them…and to buy information..I need money. So this can wait for now! But first….I need to save young mistress from that bastard Shangchen! ”.

“Are you an idiot? Didn't you tell me that your sect is one of the top sects of your country? Then how are you going to take revenge against them right now? ” Vanisha rebuked coldly.

“But I don't have much time. After two and a half years, when the ‘Blaze Sun’ tournament ends, the selection for Young Sect Master will happen. I have to kill that bastard and Shinji before that. Or else my Young mistress will be in danger. And I won't be able to do anything. ” Ling said.

“Heh! You sure seem to care a lot about that mistrss of yours!!And here I am…someone who saved you and gave you a chance and still you don't show a hint of respect for me nevertheless care. ” Vanisha said mockingly.

Ling said in a heavy voice, “I have told you before….she is the reason I still think about that pathetic sect. When I was made to serve her..…I also suspected her at first…because she was really too kind to me. But later I understood…I understood that it was her nature. She was too gentle and kind hearted. She never mocked me or abused me. She never ordered me to do things that needed Heavenly energy or never told me to do anything impossible. I was never given a residence to stay….but she offered me one. Though I refused it…because I didn't want to take advantage of her kindness. I was not given enough food for daily living…but she offered me that. Whenever I felt sad…she would comfort me and talk with me. Although I never started a conversation with her….she would tell me a lot of things and would engage in a conversation with a servant like me. She never treated me like a servant. She helped me and even treated me whenever I fell ill. She could have changed me with anyone but she never did that, even though she knew that I would never be able to repay her or do something good for her. I don't care if that was pity or something else….. now when I know she is in danger and since I am capable of helping her….then I will definitely do anything to help her. ” 

Then Ling stopped and took a heavy breath before saying in a sorry and gentle voice, “But you are right. You are my benefactor and savior. I really shouldn't have talked to you like that. I....I apologize for that. I was kind of over cautious due to all the things that happened to me and acted like a scumbag back then. And I still act a bit arrogant around you. I will try to talk to you with respect from now on.”

Vanisha was dumbfounded…a light blush flashed on her face as she averted her gaze and whispered, “What's with you today!! ” Then she said mockingly with a look filled with disgust , “Ew! This attitude of yours is really creepy!”

Ling's eyebrows twitched as he said, “You really are one damn woman! ”

“Heh! Now that's more like it! ” Vanisha said.

“Anyway….you still have two and a half years left before that selection day and you need to get as strong as you can before that. Then I think that you should join a sect. You need actual battle experience and resources to boost your Cultivation as well as money right?”

Ling thought for a while before saying, “You are right! Let's go to a town first and then try to find a sect! ”

10