Chapter-17 Void Art
282 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ling.....just give up!! That's not something you can beat! ” Vanisha said worriedly as the golem was charging at Ling. Ling hurriedly dashed towards it. When he got closer to it, the golem again struck its hand as purple lighting flashed on it. But Ling didn't even try to attack the golem. Instead he avoided the attack as he instantly leapt in air and jumped over the golem.

Boom!

The golem's fist struck on the ground as a big cretor was created. Ling didn't stop after dodging the attack, he dashed forward as he moved further away from the golem. He stopped after he was almost thousand meters away from it.

The golem had fierce power but it's agility was its weak point. If Ling wanted to dodge the attacks without even confronting it head on, then there was no way the golem could ever hit him. 

The golem turned around as it again started moving. As Ling was staring at the approaching monster, he wiped out the blood from the corner of his lips as he thought soberly, ‘Is there really no way to beat it? Is this really an impossible trial? ’

Suddenly the golem stopped in its track. In the blink of an eye, a giant Heavenly formation was formed behind its head as a concentrated ball of lighting started forming before its head. It took three breaths for the attack to be completely charged up. Ling was staring at the golem unblinkingly during this time. 

The bone crushing might that was emaneting from that attack made his heart beat rapidly. 

‘I think…It's over. Vanisha is right! ’ as Ling thought, he was about to give up but suddenly he noticed something and didn't say anything else.

As the lighting ball finally formed, it instantly rushed at Ling like a purple beam of light. But there was a smirk on Ling's face when the terrifying power was approaching him. 

“Ling…what are you doing? I told you to quit…what will you gain by risking your life like this?…. Don't act like a foolish brat!! ” Vanisha shouted again. But Ling didn't listen to her. In an instant, he started sprinting sideways to get away from the range of the attack. Within two breaths the lighting beam struck the place where Ling was standing before.

Ziziztiziztz! Boom!!

With gigantic blast of energy, wild lighting swiftly spread in all directions covering almost five hundred meters of land. Ling was already out of its range but the after shocks of the energy waves hit his back like roaring thunder.

“Agh!! ” Ling let out painful cry as he was blasted away over three hundred meters. When he regained his balance, he almost landed at the edge of the path. Right behind him was sluggish hot lava. 

Blood was flowing out of his mouth. Although he wasn't even in the range of the attack, the energy wave was strong enough to make his energy to become frenzied and disordered. He looked at the giant golem which was dashing towards him again. He clenched his hands and swallowed a mouthful of blood as he started gathering his Void Energy at his right hand. 

“What the hell are you doing? Do you…do you really like to die this much? What are you…a kid? You...you will die at this rate. Just give up! ” Vanisha warned him again while being angry and concerned at the same time.

Ling took a long breath as he said hurriedly in a determined and calm voice, “Don't worry! I have a plan. And also..as long as I don't want it to hit me, there's no way it will be able to land a critical blow on me. If this plan doesn't work, I will give up…just trust me this once! Even I care about my life! Believe me! ”

“…” , Vanisha was unable to say anything. She bit her lower lips as she tried to calm herself down.

After five breaths, the golem was only fifty meters away from Ling. But Ling didn't try to run, he was still concentrating all of his Void energy to accumulate at his right hand as he stood still. 

When the golem was only fifteen meters away, only then he started to move towards it. The golem thrusted its left arm at him as purple lighting swirled around it. When the fist was only two feet away, Ling turned his body as he leapt in air and did a forward spin to dodge the attack. Right after that, he generated a defensive barrier behing his back as he was rushing forward to move away from the attack center. The golem's attack again hit thin air and a explosion of energy swiftly burst out. 

The energy wave hit Ling's defensive barrier and blasted him. But he didn't try to regain his balance, instead he used this force to run even further away at a greater speed from the golem. Although the energy that hit Ling's back was strong but still as he created a barrier, he was only slightly injured from this attack.

Then he turned to look at it. Although his energy was disordered and he had a lot of internal injuries, his face looked calm as tranquil as still water. There was only a coldness in his gaze.

“Just what are you trying to do? ” Vanisha couldn't help but ask him . 

Ling replied calmly, “I want to push it into the lava. Don't you think it's weird that it is a lighting golem when the fire element is obviously stronger that the lighting element in this world? It's because the trial was never made to fight the enemy head on. ”

Vanisha was momentarily stunned as she shouted, “Have you gone mad!!! You think you can push it into the lavapit? Even if you use all your energy there's now way it will be possible! ”

The golem turned to face Ling. But it didn't rush at him, instead he used the giant Heavenly formation again as a lighting ball even larger than before started to form in front of its mouth.

Seeing that a wide grin appeared on Ling's face. The Void energy that was being circulated to his right hand finally burst forth and started dancing around his hands violently. Void energy was colorless but still one could feel the faint ripples in space because of it. Ling instantly dashed at maximum speed towards the golem.

“What ar…” Vanish cried out in a panicky before realising something. When she swept her spiritual senses on the golem, her eyes slightly widened as she understood what Ling was trying to do.

‘…I see….when it uses this technique…there's no defensive energy around its body….’ Vanisha thought. If it was a normal situation, she would have noticed it a long while before but as she was worried about Ling..she didn't notice this thing.

Ling instantly appeared right before the golem before it could even complete the lighting ball. He channeled all his Void energy  to his right hand as hurricane of Void energy violently engulfed his hand.  Then he struck his fist at the golem's chest with all his might.

BOOM! 

With a horrifying burst of Void energy, all the surrounding air was blown away as a vacuum was created for an instance. Ling had been gathering the Void energy for this one attack for almost thirty breaths. This one attack used up about ninety percent of his energy. That's why the power it contained was enough to instantly kill even a peak Blue Star realm cultivator.

But still the lighting golem's power was far beyond that. Although there was no defense on its body, this power that could make one's blood go cold, was only able to push the golem a few steps back. 

But that was more than enough for Ling. The golem was pushed into the sea of lava with this attack. It took a step back but there was no ground beneath that foot. It lost its balance and slowly fell into the sea of lava. As soon as it came into contact with the burning hot liquid, its body started melting and the lighting that flashed on its body disappeared as it slowly vanished from the face of this world.

Ling was gasping air heavily as limply fell on his back. He had no strength left but a smile hung on his face. He looked upwards and slowly said, “Pant..pant…thank…pant…god it worked. ”

Vanisha rebuked coldly, “Heh! If it hadn't worked then even your corpse won't be found anymore! Hmph! Reckless bastard! ”. 

Soon a teleportation formation opened near him. Ling slowly stood up and went into it. He still had many injuries but none of them were serious or life threatening. Only he felt very exhausted and most of his Void energy had been used up.

As soon as he entered the formation, his vision turned pitch black again for an instance before the sight of rhe chamber of that ruin reflected in his eyes. 

The bright Purple eyes were staring at him. As Ling looked at them, Duang Kinzhun said solemnly in an ancient voice, “Very good mortal! You didn't dissapoint me! Before you…there were three more Void Cultivators who had come here….but two of them gave up and the other one died... Finally!! Someone passed it! Come near Mortal! ” 

Ling slowly nodded and went forward. Then a black gem that shone with a strange light slowly appeared right in front of him and he could feel that Void energy was radiating from it. Ling stared at it with a surprised look on his face.

“This is one of the twelve Void arts that was created by one of the founders of the Ancestors Clan. It is a special type of art that is made only for Void Cultivators. You don't need any Void Seeds to learn this. Take it! This is yours from now on! ” Duang Kinzhun said.

Ling nodded and slowly lifted his arm as he took it. Then he politely bowed and said, “I thank Divine Master for giving me this. ” 

Then he looked at the black gem with a confused look. Seeing that Duang Kinzhun said, “These gems are called ‘Illusory Record Crystals’. The real scrolls of the twelve Void arts had been destroyed a long time ago. But all of the twelve arts were saved in these type of twelve stones. These stones can store memories or images for future use. When you pour some of your Void Energy into this, the memories and images as well as the formula of the Void art will be etched in your mind. And after that, only you will have the formula of this technique as these stones can only be used once. And only you will be able to give this formula to others. This was the will of the Third Ancestor Clan. ”

Ling nodded with a look of disbelief. He stared at the black gem for a moment before storing it away in Vanisha's ring. As Vanisha had connected a part of his will with her artifact, he was able to do so.

Then another small white pill appeared. Duang Kinzhun said, “Eat this! This will increase your energy absorption rate and level for one hour. With this, try to absorb the Primal Devilish energy of this place. You should be able to do that. Even if its very thin, it is in the end, Primal energy. This will improve your Cultivation a lot. ”

Ling looked at the pill with a look of disbelief and astonishment, that was floating in mid air. Vanisha said, “ Don't was anymore time! Take that pill and cultivate. It will also help you to recover your injuries.”

As Ling heard that, he nodded with a smile on his face as he bowed even deeper than before to express his gratitude. Then he took the pill. As he ate that, his body swiftly got covered with a colorless aura.

“Now seal of your senses and concentrate on absorbing and refining this energy. It will take about thirty minutes for you to absorb all the energy. ”

Ling did as he was instructed and started to cultivate. Duang Kinzhun was looking at the young man in front of him.

A few moments later, Vanisha came out of the ring and appeared before Duang Kinzhun. The purple eyes slightly widened as Duang Kinzhun said with an intimidating voice while being surprised, “Who are you? How dare yo…” but then his words got stuck at his throat.

He stared at Vanisha with widened eyes as his pupils shrunk to its minimum size and said shakily, “You….why would someone like you….come to a lowly plane…like this? ”

Vanisha is.....

9