Chapter-19 A New Start
302 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Sisitine Continent, Riverwood forest]

Thirty minutes had passed since Ling had started to absorb the Primal Devilish energy that filled Duang Kinzhun's chamber.

Suddenly Ling felt his veins and meridians are expanding and contracting as Void energy circulated through them even faster than before. A layer of Void energy swiftly covered his body as he felt a deep warmth in his mind and soul. Then with a burst all the Void energy that engulfed his body disappeared.

After that, he slowly stood up and opened his eyes. He could feel his surrounding auras and things even more clearly than before and his soul felt more calm and strong.

‘Second Stage of Primary Void Realm’, Ling thought with a light smile on his face .

Then He looked at the purple eyes covered with dark mist that were staring at him and said with a light bow, “I thank Divine Master again to bestow me such valuable treasures. I will definitely not let you down!”

Duang Kinzhun said solemnly while looking at him, “Remember mortal, you are probably the only one right now who has one of the twelve Void Arts. Don't let anyone know about that other than the lady who is with you right now! ”. As he said this, the black mist started to spin in a circular manner in front of Ling as a portal was formed. 

Ling was a little bewildered to hear that Duang Kinzhun knew Vanisha was with him, so he asked respectfully, “You knew about Vanisha? ”

“Vanisha?…You mean that lady…. That is of course! She came out of the ring when you were cultivating and we had a little chat! Now go! ” Duang Kinzhun replied and his purple eyes slowly turns diaphanous and vanished.

Ling stood still for a few breaths before he walked up to the portal and entered it. As he entered the portal, everything before his eyes turned white before a forest bathed in a daylight was revealed before him. He also saw five people lying on the ground being unconscious. 

He swept his gaze on the five people and then he asked Vanisha softly, “Say…what did you two talk about? Was he your ancestor or something? ”

“Hmph! That's none of your concern!…what are you going to do now?” Vanisha said indifferently.

Ling gave a helpless sigh and said, “Well I have got one Martial Skill which I can cultivate but still we need to go to a town first. If we are able to join a sect, as you have said before, there will be many benefits. I think I will wait for them to wake up and then follow them…they are from am Imperial sect....so they must have come from a town or city right? ”

“Hmm…why not just travel with them until you reach a town or ask them for directions? ” Vanisha asked.

Ling thought for a moment before saying, “Nah! It didn't feel like they were really that nice and welcoming! So I will just follow them! Miss Vanisha, please give me your presence hiding robe! ”

“Do as you please! ” as Vanisha said this,she waved her arm and a black robe suddenly appeared before Ling. He wore it and hid behind the bushes as he waited for them to wake up.

After one hour, the people from the Starlight Imperial sect finally regained their senses as they slowly stood up.

“….Where..are we? ” Prince Tianying said while holding his forehead with his right hand. Then he looked at his fellow desciples who were also in a daze before his gaze stopped on Princess Meng. She was also rubbing her head with her hand as she said cutely in a low voice, “Mnn….where am I? ”

Seeing that she was okay, Prince Tianying gave a sigh of relief and looked around as he finally realized that he was standing right outside the ruin. 

Then he rushed toward Princess Meng and hold her shoulder gently as he said, “Sister, are you hurt anywhere?”

Princess Meng shook her head slowly. Seeing that a smile bloomed on Prince Tianying's face. Then he turned around and said, “Brother Kuangang, brother Lu, sister Lilian, are the three of you okay?”

The other three desciples also stood up and looked at Prince Tianying at a daze. After a few breaths they retained their consciousness as all of them nodded their heads.

“That's great! ” he said with a breath of relief. And then he turned to look at the gate of the ancient ruin and said, “It seems like some kind of trap was activated and we were sent outside. This place is dangerous than we had thought! Let's return to our sect first and report this to the elders! We don't have to risk our lives any further! ” 

Everyone of them nodded and started following behind Prince Tianying.

Ling also started to follow them. As none of them were above Calamity Star realm, they weren't able to use ‘Sky Floating’ technique but still they were dashing forward at a very high speed. But still, when Ling was following them, he felt like they were willingly going at a very low speed which annoyed him.

‘Why the fuck aren't they going faster? Are they really scared this much that they have to move like turtles? ’ Ling thought, then a certain thing came to his mind as he asked Vanisha, “Miss Vanisha….when will I be able to use floating technique? I know that Heavenly Cultivators can use that once they have reached Calamity Star Realm...but what about Void Cultivators? ”

“Probably…..when you reach the second Realm of Void Cultivation, Zeroth Void Realm. ” Vanisha said.

“Probably? ” Ling asked while being in confusion.

“The person who told me about Void Cultivation said that it depends on the Cultivator…. usually from fifth stage of Primary Void realm to second stage of Zeroth Void realm, within this range the Cultivator would learn the ‘SkyFloating’ technique.”

Ling nodded slowly and silently followed behind them.

…………..

[Place: Sistine Continent, Delmora Nation, Morpher City]

After following them for three whole hours, Ling finally reached a city. When he saw the entrance gate of the city, he was overjoyed in his mind. Right above the entrance, “Morpher” was carved on a stone sign.

‘Finally….I came out of that wilderness!! ’ Ling thought. As the five desciples from the Imperial sect entered the city and went southwards, Ling finally removed the black robe and put it back in the ring again. He took a deep breath and muttered, ‘Everything will start from here now’.

Then he looked at the back of five figures who were walking with pride and elegance. Many citizens were staring at them and some of them even bowed to give their respects.

‘Well…. that's an Imperial sect for you. The attention they get is totally different even though there sect might not even hold a candle against the ten great sects.…guess I should thank them too for showing me the way! ’ Ling thought while looking at them. Then he turned and swept his gaze around everything. The city was bustling with people. Ling didn't really know where he was and he had never been to such a crowded place. He looked at everything for a while before moving forward in the north direction. 

“Where are you going now? ” Vanisha asked.

“First, we have to find a merchant guild or something like that. We need money and also some information about this city. ” Ling replied.

As he was moving, he asked people for the direction of a merchant guild and finally he found one such place. Ling came to a stop before a beautifully carved wooden door. Right above this door was a name carved in white jade stone with black ink, ‘Sea Shark Merchant Shop’. Ling looked at the name before entering. As he entered, there was a old man with long white beard and hair was standing behind a counter. He wore white elderly robes and wore a glass which shone with brilliant gold. One could easily see the vast experience and knowledge that was written on the old man's face.

As he came in front of the old man, the old man said, “Welcome honored customer, tell this old Jiang what you need? ”

 Ling said, “I would like to sell some things senior! ”

Old Jiang gave a hearty laugh as he said, “Hohoho! Please honored customer, call me Old Jiang. What do you want to sell?”

“Okay then, Old Jiang how much can you give me for these? ”  As Ling said, he took out the beast cores and placed them on the table. Old Jiang looked at them and then said, “For these, I can give you one hundred and fifty silver coins! ”

When Ling heard that and he became stunned, ‘One hundred fifty silver coins??? Wait wait wait….one gold coin means hundred silver coins and one silver coin means hundred copper coins.….meaning I have fifteen thousand copper coins now…man I am rich! ’ Ling thought as he stared at beast cores. Seeing him silent, Old Jiang said, “Does the offer not meet honored customer's expectation? ”

Ling instantly stretched out his hand as nodded and said, “You have got a deal! ” Old Jiang shook his hand and put a metal card on the counter.

“One Hundred and fifty Silver coins are stored in here..you can check it. ” Old Jiang said.

Then Ling said, “And also…I would like to buy some information about this place. I want to know the location of this city and if there are any sects here who are taking desciples from outside right now! How much will that cost? ”

Old Jiang looked a bit surprised and then said, “Hohoho! That will be twenty coppers! But since it's your first time here…I will tell you that information with just ten coppers!…but pardon me for asking.... are you from outside the city?  ”

Ling agreed and said, “That's right! I am an independent Martial Artist! ”

Old Jiang again took the metal card and said, “I see! Well this city is called Morpher and it is in the  Delmora Nation. As for sects, there are four sects here and only one sect is taking desciples at this moment. You are quite lucky as if you want to join a sect now, you have the chance to get into the Starlight Imperial Sect. It is one of the two imperial sects of this city. There desciple selection will take place after one week from now on. If you want to register your name, you only have two days left. ”

“I see! ” Ling said as he thought ‘Are you kidding me? Vanisha actually carried me to a different nation? Although it is the neighbor nation of Clear Sky Nation’. But then suddenly Vanisha said, “Hey…buy that purple kimono for me!!! ”

Ling was stupefied as he stared at a beautiful purple kimono which had several gorgeous patterns on it and there were glorious shining crystals embedded in it. Then he said, “Wait…why do you need a dress? ”

Vanisha said with a pouty face, “Hmph! I don't have any other dress except the one I am wearing…and I will be stuck with you like this for fifty years! So do you want me to wear the same dress everyday? ”

Ling made a helpless face but he was also astonished to find that Vanisha could also sometimes act a little girlish. He asked as he pointed a finger towards it, “Old Jiang...how much for that dress? ”

Old Jiang looked at it and said, “Honored customer….I can see that you have good eyes. Those crystals are precious ‘Jade Glass’ crystals which are quite costly. It's price is ninety silver, should I take that out for you?”

A thunder bursted at Ling's ear as he thought, ‘NINETY SILVERS??’ .

Then he asked Vanisha again, “Do you…. really need it?”

Vanisha said coldly in a bit angry tone, “Hmph! Well It's your money after all! So if you don't feel like buying it so I can't force you anyway!”. Although Vanisha said this coldly like she didn't care anymore But Ling could feel her desire to get that dress.

‘It seems she really liked it! Well I haven't given her anything as well till this day and she has helped me so much! ’ Ling thought and a light smile appeared at his face as he said, “I will buy it! Please reduce it's price from the money I got from selling those cores! ”

Old Jiang did as Ling said. Then he took the metal card and put it away inside his ring.

—————

Hello guys, I am really sorry to say this, but starting from today I don't think I will be able to release one chapter each day. It's just really tiring. So I have decided that I will post at least 5 chapters a week. Generally the days will be -Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun(2). Please bear with it and try to understand. But I assure you that I will do my best to improve my writing. clear.png

8