Chapter-26 Selection (1)
210 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they announced the rules and regulations of the tests, the first round started. Xu Yan stood at the center of the stage and Ni Suo and Wei Xi stood at the corner of the ring. Xu Yan brought out a crystal ball with a bronze stand and she placed it on the the middle.

 Then she said solemnly, “When you place your hand on this ball, it will show your true Cultivation realm and age. So don't even think of cheating your way out by using some artifact which hides one age or increases one's energy for a few moments. If you are caught doing so, you will be kicked out of here immediately and will never be able to join any imperial sect in the future. With that said first participant Illya Senjiro, come forward. ” 

Hearing that the boy named Illya Senjiro who looked strong and bulky went forward nervously and placed his hands on the crystal ball. He was praying to go with all his heart and mind. Then the crystal ball glowed with brilliant golden color and yellow letters popped up in the crystal-

‘Age: Thirty four

Cultivation: fourth stage Yellow Star realm

Results: Failed.’

Seeing the results, the boy went blank for a moment, before he fell on his knees and started to beg, “Please..please give me a chance! I will definitely not let you down. My skills and powers are all on top tier. I beg you please give me another chance! ”

Xu Yan gave a sigh and said coldly, “There are no exceptions! You have failed and you are to leave this place immediately! You are not qualified to join any Imperial Sect! I suggest you try joining lower ranking sects and stop daydreaming. ”

But Senjiro didn't leave, instead he pleaded again, “Please give me one chance to prove myself. Please!”. Seeing that other participants were also getting annoyed as some of them started saying, “Trash! Get out of there! You are wasting our time!”

“Yeah man! Just accept it! You don't have talent! ”

“….”

This time Xu Yan also seemed a bit angry but before she could say anything Wei Xi came forward and said with a mocking grin on his face, “Allright then! You want a chance to prove yourself right? Well then, If you can withstand this one blow from me..I will consider about letting you join! ” as he said , he locked all his Heavenly energy on Senjiro and . 

“Looks like this man is gonna be dead after this! ”

“Yeah! He already pissed of an inner desciple! ”

“….”

The sheer pressure from energy emaneting from Wei Xi made Senjiro unable to stood up. Cold sweat drenched his whole body as he was unable to utter a single word. This was an obvious outcome. He was only at the fourth stage of Yellow Star realm whereas Wei Xi was at third stage of Crimson Star realm. It was a gap of two whole realms. He struggled to get up to his feet but he was unable to do so as they were shaking uncontrollably.

“What happened? Stand up…don't you wanna join our sect? Then all you need to do is stand up and take a hit from me.” Wei Xi said with a half smile on his face. But then his eyes filled with coldness as he said with disgust, “Heh! You said you were worthy to join our sect! What a joke! Trashes like you are not even qualified to call themselves Heavenly practitioners! Not only do you have no pride but also you are a pathetic weakling! Get out of here at once or else things won't end up good for you....And also everyone who thinks that the results are not up to your satisfaction,  feel free to challenge me. If you can receive one blow of mine without getting knocked out or dead, you will pass the entire exam.”. Then he withdrew his energy and returned to the corner he was standing. Although it seemed like he was giving everyone a chance but in reality he just threatened and scared them even more.

Senjiro was lying on the ground like a lifeless statue. Then he slowly stood up and left the place stutteringly.

“Heh! Serves him right! A trash like him shouldn't even be here! ” a man who had white hair and was wearing a valuable robe said. He had an arrogant and prideful presence around him. It looked like he was from a well known family.

“You are right! Just being in the same place as these loosers make me sick! ” a young girl who had long hair black hair and beautiful black eyes said hatefully. She was also wearing a precious and majestic black dress.

“Hmph! Why are they even taking this examination? Just kick out those who are under Blue Star Realm! It's that simple! ” a man with a stern face who was bald said with disdain while looking at the other practitioners around him. Hearing that everyone was raging with anger but none of them said anything.

Then Xu Yan said with a chuckle, “If only it was that easy, Mr.Guhu. Anyway next participant Cheng San, come forward... ”. Just like that the trial continued without any further issues.

Ling only glanced at the three who said such awful things to the others. When swept his spiritual senses across the surroundings he found that only five people were at the early stages of Blue Star Cultivation realm and the three of them were out of those five people.

“I think they are from some kind of wealthy or influencial families. Otherwise an inner desciple wouldn't have talked with that guy in such manner. ” Ling muttered to himself as well as said to Vanisha. But Vanisha was lying on the ground inside the inner space of the ring with closed eyes to relax a little as she was uninterested in these little things.

As the first round continued, some failed and some passed. Then Xu Yan called out the name “Luo Chenwayne” and the white haired guy moved forward and entered the stage.

As he walked forward and placed his hand on the crystal, 

‘Age: twenty

Cultivation: second stage Blue Star realm

Results: Passed’

“Not bad Mr. Chenwayne. With your talent you would probably enter the inner palace in the near future. ” Xu Yan said softly.

Then after a few participants, she called “Chi Lu” and the girl with black hair went up on the stage.

‘Age: nineteen

Cultivation: second stage Blue Star realm

Results: Passed’

This time even Xu Yan looked surprised. She said, “It seems the young mistress of Chi family has improved far beyond anyone's imagination. Very good! ”.

After a while, the man named Bong Guhu went forward. As he touched the crystal ball, the letters came out, 

‘Age: twenty two

 Cultivation: second stage Blue Star realm

 Results: Passed’

Ni Suo who was standing at the corner of the stage couldn't help but say, “It looks like this time, our sect has been blessed with skilled people like you. Not bad Mr.Guhu!”. Bong Guhu nodded with a smile and left the stage. 

After that two more people who were at the first stage of Blue Star realm also received praise form the internal desciples. After the first round, the practitioners who were at Blue Star Realm gathered together as a group and looked at everyone else as if they were filth and turd.

Finally after all the one thousand and fifty desciples were tested, it was Ling's turn to go.

When Xu Yan called his name,  Ling started walking towards the stage but suddenly he stopped for a moment as he said in a panicky, “Miss Vanisha, will that crystal ball or whatever it is be able to measure my Cultivation realm? I mean I am a Void Cultivator right? ” . He had suspicion that the crystal ball wouldn't show anything when he would touch it.

Vanisha gave a quiet sigh as she said annoyingly, “Sometimes you act really dumb you know! That thing can only measure your level of aura, so you don't need to worry. And even if it doesn't work then at worst case possible, you will be thrown out of this sect and will probably never be able to join another Imperial sect or you will have to challenge that weak fellow. ”

Ling:(ー_ー")

‘Seriously? Ai...hope luck is with me! I don't wanna waste my energy fighting him. ’ Ling thought as he gave a long sigh. He knew that even if Vanish called Wei Xi a weak fellow but still he was someone in the third stage of Crimson Star realm. Why should he piss him off deliberately? 

Then he entered the ring and placed his right hand on the crystal ball but unlike others it didn't show anything for two breaths. Cold sweat formed on Ling's forehead and it looked like Xu Yan was also confused as it had never happened before.

“Quickly, stabilize you energy in a certain level, and release some of it into the crystal! do it fast! ” Vanisha said hurriedly. As soon as Ling heard that, he focused on stabilizing his energy and did as Vanish said. And finally letters showed up, 

‘Age: sixteen

Cultivation: fourth stage Yellow Star realm

Results: Passed’

Phew!

Ling gave a sigh of relief. Then he turned and left the stage.

After that Xu Yan moved back and Ni Suo came forward and said, “With this the first round concludes. Only the remaining two hundred and fifty six desciples are qualified for the second round. The second round will commence now! In this round as we have mentioned before, you will have to withstand three attacks from me. If you can, you pass. Now, first practitioner Alen Silva come forward. ”

But at this moment, four unexpected guests came out of the sect main gate. Everyone turned their heads to look at them and when they saw their figures, even the inner desciples were shocked. They instantly bowed as Ni Suo said, “Welcome prince Tianying, princess Sao and princess Meng. Tell us how can we help you? And also greetings senior brother Shun. ”

Prince Tianying replied solemnly, “We are just here to watch the selection trial! You don't have to mind is! Please continue! ”. Then they stood at the side of the ring. Ni Suo nodded and then the second round started again.

Ling was staring at them for a moment. It seemed like Shun was able to feel that as he instantly turned his head to look at Ling's direction. But Ling had already averted his gaze as he murmured, “So that guy was an inner sect desciple and not only that, he is probably one of the higher ones at them! Well that figures though! ”. Ling actually didn't know that Shun was a nobody until a few days ago. Only because he saved Tianying and Meng and shown them his unfamothable strength, he was directly made an inner desciple. If he had known that, he would probably try to kill himself for not helping them at that time.

As the round proceeded, most of the Cultivators who were at Yellow Star Realm failed. Only a few peak Yellow Star realm Cultivators were barely able to pass it. And all the Blue Star realm Cultivators passed the test easily without much trouble. Only hundred and seven desciples had passed till now. And finally it was Ling's turn. When his name was called out, he started moving towards the stage.

“Oh! another guy who is going to get his ass beaten!”

“Dude just give up, will you? Don't waste our time?”

“Another looser who doesn't know his place! I hope he gives up!” many practitioners started shouting and whispering to one another.

The five Cultivators of the Blue Star realm didn't even look anymore as if they were uninterested.

But Prince Tianying was staring at him unblinkingly with slightly parted lips as he said in a confusion, “It's that traveller..... But how did become a fourth stage Yellow Star realm within one week?  ”

“You know him? ” Shun and the girl named Sao asked. She was an astounding beauty with ice like clear skin and pretty emerald eyes. Her long black hair was knotted in twin tails which almost touched her waist. She was in a light pink colored yukata.

“Yeah…we met him a week ago in the Riverwood forest. But he was at the early stages of Yellow Star realm back then. Just how is he a fourth stage now?” Tianying replied. It caused everyone to look at him. Princess Meng also remembered him although she had only seen him once.

Then princess Sao said, “Probably he was using some kind energy hiding artifact back then.”. 

“Hmm...Well that's the only possible explaination! ” Tianying said. But he still felt something was amiss.

On the stage, Ling came face to face with Ni Suo. They were only fifteen meters away from each other.

“I suggest you accept defeat! As you have seen, none of your level was able to recieve even one blow of mine. ” Ni Suo said languidly as if he was too bored.

“I thank senior brother Sup for his concern, but I would like to test myself. I hope senior brother guides me. ” Ling replied respectfully while bowing slightly.

“Very well then! Get ready! ” Ni Suo said.

Next chapter will be posted on 11/072020(dd/mm/yyyy). And tell me honestly, how many of you thought that Ling would have to challenge Wei Xi to pass the trial?

8