Chapter-28 Imperial Sect
204 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days has passed since the selection tournament ended. Starting from this day, the practitioners who passed the test could register as official disciples of Starlight Imperial sect if they wanted to. The validity for the token they had gotten was a whole month but no one wasted any time. All of the daoists who passed came to the Twilight Moon Sect early at dawn to put their names in the official disciple list. Only Ling hadn't joined it yet.

“Aren't you going to register your name? ” Vanisha said as she was watching Ling who was comprehending the second stage of the Void art, ‘The Absolute Beginning’. 

Ling opened his eyes and looked at Vanisha. She was wearing the pink color kimono Ling bought for her that day. As the bright dazzling golden light fell on her snowy skin, she looked like an immortal beauty who came out of the most beautiful painting in the world. Ling had already been living with her for almost seven months but he still couldn't get used to her presence.

Ling then said as he looked up in the sky and scratched his chin with his right hand, “There's no need to hurry right? We have enough time and it's not like I am fooling around. And I already have paid the rent for this morning. Soooo…you know what I mean right. ”

“So that's the true reason…Ai! you really are hopeless. ” Vanisha said as she gave a dissapointed and helpless sigh.

After eight hours, it was already noon. Ling finally packed up his things and left the place. But before going to the sect, he went to ‘Sea Shark Merchant Shop’ to sell the beast cores he had gathered during this one week of training in Riverwood forest. 

As he entered the soft, he saw Old Jiang who was sitting on a wooden chair and was holding a book. For some reason, Old Jiang looked really happy and cheerful.

When Old Jiang saw Ling, he stood up and said, “Welcome honored customer. Oh? Isn't it the young boy? Tell me what you need. ”

“I want to sell some beast cores.” as Ling said, he brought out all the cores he had. Old Jiang took a look at them and said,“ Hmm....I can give seven hundred silver coins for these sixty beast cores. ”

Ling didn't hesitate at all and instantly shook hands with Old Jiang as satisfaction could be seen in his eyes.

Then Old Jiang said joyfully with a hearty laugh, “Hohoho! Dear customer if you buy something within this week, we are giving a special discount. So what do you think?”

“Eh…and why is that? ” Ling asked. There was no occasion going on or nothing special had happened either. So Ling was buffled by the sudden offer.

“My grandson has been given permission to join the Starlight Imperial sect directly as an inner disciple so that is why I am throwing a special sale for this week….oh by the way now that I remember it…I hope I am not offending the young customer but didn't you also give the selection trials?  ”

Ling said indifferently, “Yeah, I gave the test. Well you were the one who told me about that.”

“Oh? Then did you pass? ” Old Jiang asked in astonishment. He knew very well how hard the selection exams were and only a few people were selected in the end. And all of them were at least peak stage Yellow Star realm. But then again, Ling who was considered to be at fourth stage of Yellow Star realm surprisingly passed the test as well. Old Jiang knew that very well after all he is an old merchant and information broker of the city. But still he was unable believe it, so he wanted to confirm it with his own eyes.

Ling nodded, “Yeah….can I ask you something as well?  ”

Old Jiang was surprised on the inside. He nodded with a smile as he said, “Of course. please ask what you want, as long as it's not some pricey information, I will tell you for free.”

Ling gave an awkward smile before saying, “Cough...May I ask your grandson's name?  ”

Old Jiang said proudly, “Hohoho! Of course! It's Kaminari Shun!”

“Why did you ask his name? ” Vanisha asked as she couldn't understand his motive.

“He joined the sect directly as an internal disciple, so I am just curious about him. It's not like I must have ulterior or any other motive to do something. ” Ling said casually. 

“Anyway, ask this old man if he has Purple Bone Crystal. It's a great material that can help Void Cultivators like you. ” Vanisha said.

Ling listened to Vanisha and asked, “Old Jiang, do you have Purple Bone Crystals? ”

Old Jiang looked a little confused as he said, “Well that's really odd, normally only blacksmiths buy them. Because you know , the energy stored in them maybe greater than other crystals but very unrefined. The refining process takes a lot of time and effort. But yes I do have them. One kilograms of those crystals is three hundred silver. ”

Ling pondered for a moment before saying, “Okay then, give me one and a half kilograms. ”

Old Jiang looked even dumbfounded as he was about to ask something, but then he didn't say it and packed up the things Ling wanted. After buying them, Ling put them in the ring and came out of the shop. Then he looked at the direction of Starlight Imperial sect and said, “Let's go now.”

……….

After walking for thirty minutes, he finally reached Starlight Imperial sect. In the entrance, two middle aged man were guarding the sect. When Ling went forward, they stopped him and one of them said, “State your business. ”

Ling didn't say anything, instead he showed them the token he had got from the trial. When the guards looked at it, they stood aside and opened the gate.

Ling slowly strolled forward before coming to a stop as there was another iron gate. Right beside it, an elderly man was sitting on a chair. When he saw Ling  he said solemnly in a deep voice,  “What business do you have? ”

Ling brought out token again and showed it. The man stretched his hand and took the token. Then he examined it keenly before saying, “So you are thirty eighth practitioner who passed the test. I never expected you would come this late. All the other practitioners have already arrived. Anyway wait a moment. ”

Ling frowned a little as he was surprised. ‘What, everyone else has come? But wasn't the validity for the taken was like one month or something. Aren't they acting a little overboard.’  Ling thought.

The man then took out a flat blue colored stone and a paper which looked like a map and a imperial symbol engraved robes. Then he said, “Actually we thought you wouldn't come. Till this day, only a few people has actually dared to come this late. Most practitioners came at dawn to register their names as they are afraid of any mishaps that might happen. Anyway, you are right at time. Half an hour later, in the outer sect hall elders will give you new disciples, a lecture about the rules and regulations of this sect as well as things you need to know to live here. Here, take this map of the sect, this stone and this is the imperial robes for outer desciples. You may wear it if you want to. Now go! ” as the elderly man said, the iron gates slowly opened.

Ling took the things as he put the map and robes away. Then He held the blue stone in his hands before asking, “What is this? ”

The elderly man replied being irritated as he was doing some paperwork, “Just go and attend that lecture! You will get to know everything eventually! ”

Ling only nodded his head and walked forward. 

Then he took out the map and looked at it for quite some time. Then slowly put it down as he muttered to himself, “Surprisingly, this sect is quite big. Outer sect hall right?”. Then he looked towards east and started walking again.

It took him a whole twenty minutes, as he was admiring the vastness and majestic feeling that came from being inside this sect. Finally he reached the outer hall. It was about hundred meters in length and fifty in width. Although it was called the outer sect hall, but still there were rows of seats for desciples to seat and the designs and marking on the walls were beautiful and gave off a royal vibe.

There was a big stage at one end of the hall. The hall was rather empty as there were only thirty eight people including Ling in this large hall. When Ling entered, some of them looked at him with disdainful and anger filled eyes. When some whispered to others, 

“Heh! Look the shameless bastard is here! ”

“I never would have thought that the Imperial sect would stoop so low just gain favors from other that they actually helped a weakling like him to enter the sect.”

“….”

Ling didn't pay attention to any of this. He was used to people mocking and laughing at him and he didn't really wanna waste his energy and time on garbages like them. He silently took a seat near the stage and closed his eyes as he yawned.

After a few minutes, suddenly a white haired guy came and stood proud and tall right in front of him with a grin on his face. Ling opened his eyes and looked at him. He was Luo Chenwayne. 

“So you are the guy who passed the trials despite being in the fourth stage of Yellow Star realm. Hahaha! You must be a big shot right. So who is it that is backing you?  ” Luo Chenwayne asked.

Ling only looked at him for a moment before avertung his gaze and said languidly , “If you don't want to get expelled on the first day, then you should go and take a seat. ”

Luo Chenwayne got a bit agitated. But then he calmed himself again and said with mocking laugh “Hehe! Looks like you are really confident about this backer of yours! But you see, you don't know my father. He is...” but before he could finish, a man slapped on the backside of his head.

Thush!

“Ow! ” Luo Chenwayne wailed as he turned around and said heavily, “Who the hell…..” He stopped again as he looked at the man behind him. He was wearing the a white robes on which there was large cross symbols was embedded. 

“Luo Chenwayne, this is the outer sect hall. No matter who your father is..since you have joined the sect, you must follow discipline and rules. Today is the first day, so I won't give you any punishment but remember to be silent and sit still before a lecture in the future. Now go to your seat! ”

“Yes, elder! ” Luo Chenwayne said obediently although he hid the looks in his eyes as they were filled with hatred and anger.

Then the man floated in air and stood in the stage.

He looked at everyone present before saying solemnly, “I am the chief elder of Discipline and Regulations department of our sect. I am called Muo Kingyun. Since you are here, I assume all of you are the new outer disciples who joined our sect. So I will tell you about the rules and the ways our sect works.These rules are employed by the rulers of our continent so anyone who will break them, don't even think you will get away with it just by your family name or whatsoever. The rules are simple-

First, sparring among disciples is allowed but if you kill someone or cripple someone, you will be immediately expelled from the sect. 

Second, your freedom is not prohibited. You can go anywhere you want, whenever you want unless you don't have a master. But if something happens to you while you are outside the sect, the sect won't take any responsibility.

Third, you all have been given a blue flat stone. That's your Identity Stone. If you pour some of your energy into it, you will be able to see four things. Your name, your dorm number, Contribution points and Respect points.

Contribution points are the currency of this sect. You can get them by doing tasks assigned by the sect which you can get from the Task office. In the sect, only with Contribution points can you buy food or medicines or elixirs and all that stuff. You can also interchange between really money and Contribution points.

Respect points decide your position. It is also gained by doing tasks and jobs. If you can get three hundred thousand Respect points, only then you can give the test to become an inner desciple. In most cases, it takes at least five years to gather that much point if you work really hard...I know the ways of the sect is different than usual sects but remember this is an Imperial sect. We serve the majesty who rules the entire continent and protects the peace and order of the continent. It's our duty as the Imperial sect to help our majesty in that work. The tasks are actually requests made by various people who need help. And also remember, if you are really outstanding and you work really hard, there is even a chance to get into the Imperial Special Army. So make sure not to slack off! I hope that gives answer to all of your questions.

Your dorm numbers and addresses are already recorded in the Identity stone. That's it! You are all dismissed! ”

All the disciples stood up in unison and gave a respectful bow. Then all of the slowly left. After coming out of the hall, Ling was thinking something deeply. 

“What are you thinking? ” Vanisha asked.

“Well, I think I won't do much tasks, at least for now I have to concentrate on getting stronger as fast as possible. What do you say? I mean I have enough money to buy resources for now. ” Ling said

“That's right! I was also about to tell you that! Let's go back to your dorm. Your new training starts from today!”

7