Chapter-37 Abyssal State(1)
167 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“A……monarch? You mean that person is at Sovereign Star realm? ” Ling asked Vanisha as a cold fear aroused in his heart. If the person who just arrived was actually at Sovereign Star realm then there was no hope left for them. 

But Vanisha said something which was even more terrifying than the answer he expected to hear.

“No, she is at Immortal Sovereign realm! ”.

Ling's mind went blank when he listened to Vanisha. “How…is that possible? An Immortal Sovereign....here at a place like this? And even our entire continent only had four of them!” Ling muttered fearfully as he became more and more confused when he tried to figure out the reason! 

Everything was silent for two breaths before ten more people wearing white robes and masks came out of the hall and immediately bowed before the mysterious person . When Ling and others probed their auras, they were all astonished as the people who just came were all at mid stages of Crimson Star realm.

“Jeez... I can't believe ‘he’ requested me to come all this way just for this....well it looks like two of the newly developed powers were a success. At least I am happy with the results!” a womanly voice came out of the guardian's throat. 

“That is of course, honored Guardian! With the Soul Invading technique that you gave me….I was easily able to manipulate the mind of the idiots in my branch and got them under my perfect control to use then as sacrifices! And then I implanted the Sacrificial technique with the help of the formula that you gave me inside them without any problems. And just as you told me, the imperial army actually attacked us so I was also able to test that technique on them. Although these brats were at Crimson Star realm, but more than half of them were killed in an instant. I hope with this….you will let me join your revered team! ” the leader of the mercenary group said. 

When he said that, the lady whose face and hair was completely covered said in a gelid voice, “Heh! Let you join us?…. What a joke! Although your cunningness is somewhat acceptable but even after you sacrificed your entire team…you were unable to kill these kids who are from just a mere sect. Your Wild Tiger mercenary is already screwed. It will probably be completely wiped out from the face of the earth just after a few days. Even you were given this offer only because ‘He’ saw some promise in you. but still you weren't even able to kill a few bunch of brats who are still wet behind their ears. ”

When she said that, Ling and others who also couldn't make any head and tail of the thing that was happening with them were finally able to understand the situation. The leader of this branch actually betrayed the Wild Tiger Mercenary to join these bunch of people. From the beginning till the end, the leader of the mercenary was just using his entire group like a stepping stone to achieve his goal.

“I beg for forgiveness revered Guardian! I was incompetent! Ple...please grant me another chance….I will definitely prove myself! ” the leader said while panicking like a scared dog. He was shivering from head to toe when he begged for mercy.

“If it was me…I would probably have killed you right at this moment!.. But since ‘he’ decided that ‘he’ would let you join us…to respect his decision, I would give you another chance. Ater all you didn't hesitate to sacrifice those many comrades of yours just to become one of us so I can see why ‘he’ offered a weakling like you such a reward. ” the woman said indifferently and then she turned around and looked at the people who were still bowing , “Ten of you! This man called Donglu is your master now..protect him at all cost and do everything he orders you to do...and Donglu this is your last chance. These ten people are in your care! If you aren't even able to kill these brats with this much help and end up dead along with these ten…then just keep in mind that all of you just weren't worthy to be one of us. Now go!”. Then she turned away and started leaving.

The leader Donglu kowtowed behind her as tears started falling from his eyes, “I thank the Guardian to grant me another chance! I will definitely not let you down! ”. And the ten people who were told to help Donglu also said in unison, “As you wish honored Guardian!” But the lady had already left without leaving a trace. No one was able to tell when she left or how she left. 

Even after she the atmosphere was asphyxiating. Ling and others and even Donglu were drenched in cold sweat. Although other than Ling, no one was able to know her Cultivation level but that alone was enough to know that the person was someone who could kill all of them with just a flick of her hand if she wanted to. But it looked like she was too busy to care about some earthworms!

After a few more breaths, Donglu stood up and turned around to look at Tianying and others a sinister evil smile emerged on his face, “Who is going to kill me again? I would really like to see that! Come forward and try to kill me! I will give you the chance to strike first! All of you hold still…don't attack now! Let's see what these rats do to escape now! ”. He was being protected by ten mid stage Crimson Star realm practitioners so his confidence seemed to higher than the heavens!

Although the lady was gone, Tianying and their group were still at a pinch. After all only the remaining six disciples including Shun, Caihyi and Sao were at Crimson Star realm and not to mention only Shun was at the mid stages. But Ling as well as Vanisha gave a sigh of relief at the same time as they knew that the situation right now was not that bad! 

Finally Tianying took a deep breath and muttered quietly in a concerned tone, “We need to distract them somehow and run away from here!”

Shun who always loved fighting was also thinking of a way to escape at this moment! When everyone was looking towards Shun and Tianying to make a decision, only Caihyi was staring down at her feet. ‘This is no time to joke! I have to spill the beans about Ling …….if he doesn't help us..we might not be able to get away today! ’. 

Donglu who looked unconcerned let out a loud laugh while seeing the panick and unrest in their group and said, “Hahaha! What is it? You don't even want to resist….tsk…tsk…even though I gave you the chance. Very well…if you don't attack first within the next ten breaths….I won't be so patient anymore! Hahaha!”

Caihyi couldn't stay silent anymore as she turned in the direction where Ling was standing and shouted nervously with closed eyes, “Ling…When will yo...”

“What are you talking about?. ” Ling replied with a calm tone as he to the front and stood right in front of Tianying and Shun. His long hair covered the look in his eyes and only a icy voice resounded through the air, “Since you are giving us this opportunity so magnanimously…we will unhesitantly take it! ”. 

“Heh! A brat at Yellow Star realm dares to say such a thing! Even I wasn't this arrogant in my entire life! ” Donglu said. 

Shun was about to stop Ling from rushing in but before he could grab his shoulder Ling's body flashed. Within a breath, he covered the thirty meters distance between them as he was standing right beside Donglu. But then he didn't hit Donglu, instead he thrusted his right hand towards one of the practitioner who was standing right behind Donglu. The practitioner was startled as he wasn't ready for an attack like that and before he could even react, Ling's iron like fist reinforced with Void energy smacked into  his chest.

Bang!

A explosive energy shot out from Ling's hand as the man was blasted into the wall like a broken ragdoll. The entire wall collapsed on his as he clashed with it and his broken bloody body got burried under it. All of this happened within three breaths. Donglu was still looking ahead but his eyes were wide opened and his lips were shaking. Everyone else were also looking at him with a face full of disbelief as their mind was blown.

Suddenly Donglu bit his tongue and gave a hoarse growl, “Ki…kill him! ”.

But before they could take action, Ling didn't waste any moment and immediately spun around the and attacked the practitioner right at his head who was standing left to him with a back kick spining on his left foot. The practitioner was still at a daze as he couldn't even understand how a Yellow Star realm was able to move like that…not to mention kill someone in one blow! So he reacted a little too late which cost him his life!

Crack!

Freezing dreary sound of skull cracking and teeth breaking reverberated through the air as the practitioner was flung away like a rotten wood board. His mask was shattered into pieces. He also crashed into the wall as blood came out from all of his orifices. His body shook violently before his eyes became dull and he passed away with a face that didn't look like a human's face.

Another terrifying silence revolved around the atmosphere. But it didn't stay long as the remaining practitioners didn't want to give Ling any chance. Even though they were wearing masks, one could easily tell that they were scared shitless!

Three practitioners instantly jumped at Ling from three different directions like a group of viscious wolves. 

Seeing that Tianying and others suddenly got out from the shock they just received as worry covered their faces. Even Caihyi looked fretted as they were three mid stages of Crimson Star Cultivator who charged at Ling. 

But Ling looked calm as tranquil water as the three enemies were only a foot away from him. He took a breath and used ‘Shijian Quan’. Instantly he felt like everything around him became slow for a few moments. Then he shifted his upper body to rigght side to dodge the first attack. After that he instantly crouched down to dodge the the incoming sword which was aiming for his head. And then he immediately leapt over the other enemy who was coming to attack him from behind and finally landed on his knees right beside Shun and Tianying. All three of them missed their attacks. Ling slowly stood up as everyone was looking at him as if they were seeing a dream.

“Junior brother Ling...yo..” Meng was about to say something from behind but before she could finish, Ling cut her off as he looked around him and said, “This is not time to be day dreaming! There are still eight of them left! Nine if we include that so called leader. I can't beat them alone! I need your help!”. Ling knew very well that he was only able to kill two mid stage Crimson Star realm  practitioners just like that because he had the element of surprise with him. Now that they were wary and careful, it would be difficult for him to take even three of them at once..not to mention all nine of them.

Everyone had several thoughts going inside their mind but when Ling said that, everyone seemed to calm down and focus at the current situation which was in their hands.

“You….are right! We need to take care of this matter first! We are still short in numbers even if we count…Ling now.” Tianying said but anyone could see the sudden change in his tone when he was talking to Ling. It wasn't as majestic and prideful as it was before instead there was clearly respect and a hint of fear mixed in his voice. Sao, Shun and Meng were also somewhat terrified but they decided to be quiet for the time.

On the other hand, Donglu could feel his heart suffocating from an unknown fear which he had never felt before. He as well as everyone else checked Ling's aura again and eventually they found out that he was truly at Yellow Star realm. He wasn't using any artifact to hide his strength as such artifact would have been rendered useless when he started using his power.

“You….Who the hell are you? How can you... release such power and move like that despite... being a Yellow Star realm?” Donglu asked stutteringly.

But Ling only replied, “ Ask Yama in hell when you go there! ”

Donglu gritted his teeth tightly. The practitioners behind him were also afraid but they were so shocked that they couldn't even move. Then Donglu lifted his right hand which was trembling due to shock and fear as he pointed it at Ling and  said, “Kill him…kill all of them! Don't show them any mercy!”

Next chapter on 02/08/2020. Hopefully you liked the chapter and tell me your thoughts in the comments as I love reading them and they also make me improve my writing.

7