Chapter # 2
148 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

I return to my group of ants to try to complete the missions that were passed to me, I choose to try to carry out the first one given by Rafael in trying to carry some of these leaves back to the nest. I pull out a bush and start taking it back to our nest following the rest.

 

 

I follow this long Indian line into the cave until I reach a huge room with several other parts of trees and plants that were brought by the others, another thing I notice is that there are also bodies of several other monsters, but the most frightening is that it also there were bodies of other ants, some similar to me and others different.

 

 

These monsters are unbelievable they do not feel sorry even for the dead companions, for then you must serve the queen until the last day of your life and when you can no longer become a nutrient for the colony, I better watch out or the same can end up happening to me.

 

 

To distract me from this terrible fact, a message appears in front of me.

 

 

Objective: Picking leaves today has been accomplished

Reward: (+ 2 STR, + 2 VIT, + 2 INT, + 2 DEX, +2 LCK, Analyze skill Lvl 1)

 

 

I gained a small upgrade in my status and a new skill, analyze that I remember it serves to give information about what is around me, from my first life this skill was very used in games to know the enemy's information, but when reincarnated in the past life was not very useful and some items told us the information of our opponents and as for the items there were catalogs about practically everything, and besides, this skill was very difficult to be learned so I ended up not learning it.

 

 

You can try to see what she looks like. I look around and see one of the ants in my group left the cave must be returning to that forest, but before I leave I use the skill in it.

 

 

Analyze: Little ant Camponotus

 

 

I only speak the name of the species, this is not useful for almost anything, I will have to increase its level if I want to see any improvement results. After my discouraging attempt to analyze something in the nest, I follow the others back to that forest, there is still a mission that I have to carry out.

 

 

Back in that heap of green I risk going deeper into the forest, there is still a mission that I have to fulfill, that evil goddess left me a curse in which if I do not carry out the missions that she proposes to me I will end up having some kind of punishment and I’m not in the least interested in finding out what that Machiavellian mind came up with for me.

 

 

The mission that I have to fulfill is to kill something the text leaves very vague what for me is an advantage, it means that I don't need to hunt any powerful opponent, it can be anything, I will take this as a chance to explore the region and see what kinds of other monsters there are around here.

 

 

Judging by all this closed vegetation the demon cities must be far away my only real concern is about the other beasts and monsters that must be around here. I continue walking alone further taking care not to get too far and end up losing myself in this forest, right next to the trunk of a tree I start to hear strange noises I approach slowly to find out what it is and see a horned being about 30 centimeters high, he is collecting what appears to be fallen nuts on the ground, it takes a while time for me to realize that this is a squirrel, I think I’ve never seen this kind of monster before I try to use the analysis to know what it’s about:

 

 

 

Analyze: Sciuridae excogitatoris

 

 

What a more complicated name, for me the horned squirrel would be much easier, he seems to be alone and does not appear to be very strong, in better situations I would try to get more information about the enemy, but soon it will get dark and if I do not kill anything the curse will fire.

 

 

Behind the absentminded squirrel, I approach calmly if he notices my presence he may want to run away or call for help, I don't know what the strategies of this monster are in front of me so I must be careful. If I were still human I would choose to attack using magic from a safe distance, but I no longer have that luxury.

 

 

A few steps away from the squirrel I start to attack and with my jaws bite me in the back, he starts to fidget with all his strength trying to turn his head in my direction to pierce me with his sharp horn, he can give up if that is his strategy Mr. Squirrel I could tell just by looking at you that this horn is your biggest weapon so I attacked you from behind in the position I'm biting you in. There is no point for you to attack me.

 

 

I follow with my numerous bites ripping the man's back the squirrel that now starts to shriek, I never killed anyone the way I’m doing now it’s so unpleasant, I feel like I’m stabbing someone in the back in a cowardly way, it reminds me of that damn girl I made the mistake of getting married murdered me, with me immobilized and with no chance of a reaction.

 

 

Finally, the squirrel falls dead with several cuts on its back and another message appears.

 

 

Objective: Killing someone today has been accomplished.
Reward: Nothing.

 

 

Is this serious ?! I had so much work coming here for fear of suffering some punishment and I will not gain anything from it, more than anger! That goddess must be laughing at me right now, by the way after giving me each one a skill those two seem to have disappeared well, being the gods of this world they must have other things to do besides just watching me, I think as they both need to consent to make a decision they must have gone back to their endless discussions.

 

 

Now that the mission has been accomplished, I will go back to rest in our den and maybe eat something, this is another bad point of this new life, the monster food that I will have to eat, I walk uniformly along the same path that I followed only in the direction opposite until it is hit by something.

 

 

THERE!

 

 

What was this? I look back and see that three squirrels appeared like the ones I had seen before, I look at the ground and see that they threw a nut at me, is that serious? They must be wanting revenge for their fallen companion, but a nut would not affect me. I decide to ignore the three and keep going back to the khan, and to my misfortune, the three little bastards go after me and keep throwing me nuts.

 

 

It doesn't hurt much or causes any damage, but over time it gets on my nerves. Hey, you bastards, I'm sorry for your friend, but I had no option, it was him or me, trying to say it won't do anything if they want it to be that way, so let me approach the squirrels to see if I intimidate them so run away, I'm not stupid to want to fight all three of them at the same time with those sharp horns.

 

 

I see that my strategy was not very well planned, as the squirrels all at once jump from the tree in my head. Don't tell me that was your plan? If they throw themselves at me with all their strength, wanting to pierce me with those horns.

 

 

Before I even thought about deflecting, I watch the three squirrels being completely sliced ​​right in front of my eyes, another monster appeared and with its huge paw endowed with powerful claws I slice them in several pieces they didn't even have a chance to react.

 

 

I am practically immobilized by fear for the great creature, I can see its giant body of almost three meters, but its face remains covered by the shadows of the tree, I end up using the analysis to know what kind of beast it is.

 

 

 

 

Analyse: Magnum bear arctos

 

 

 

The colossus steps forward letting me see his face, it is a huge giant bear, when I recover my sanity I start to run as fast as I can, I misjudged this forest I thought that because there are weak monsters like those squirrels it was not such a dangerous place, but if there is such a thing as this bear this forest must be more dangerous than I think.

 

 

When I look back and I no longer see the bear, I feel a sense of relief. I see the other ants getting ready to leave. I approach quickly to get out of this place. Just when I thought I was already safe I dare a strong roar coming from my back and a very big being running on its four legs behind me, I can't believe it, the bear followed me!

4