Chapter # 8
77 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Continuing the work I see that with my new division of tasks we have already managed to advance some three days of work, but something still bothers me, are the trees. Even though all the vegetation around them has been removed, the presence of these trees still doesn't suit me.

 

 

I'm not sure why, but I think it would be more advantageous if we pulled out some to open a clearing, maybe it's the fact that they are hindering my vision, I think if we knocked over some we would have more space and we could see enemies approaching from a great distance.

 

 

So I make Ant Camponotus stop cutting thickets and bushes and start cutting one of the trees, at first they don't understand, but they still obey and start to bite the tree with their prey, I want to know how long it takes on average to remove one of them, I wait patiently for about half an hour until I see the tree become crooked and plummet to the ground.

 

 

That way it will take a long time to get more space in this forest, if only we had more efficient tools like ... like an ax!

 

 

It is! With my golden luster skill, I start to concentrate my energy creating a golden stick, and at its tip, I start and shape a curved and sharp surface, and with a little more concentration my new tool is ready, my golden ax.

 

 

I am proud of my new creation, but when I try to raise it I feel frustrated that I can't, it seems I made it very heavy and a simple little ant-like me doesn't have enough strength to use it, but I still I have other options at my disposal.

 

 

"You are the first of the Little Ant Atta from a palace ahead."

 

 

"Yes, sir," says one of the Atta ants.

 

 

"I want you to hold this tool with your two front legs and try to hit a tree."

 

 

It is said and done he approaches and with a little effort manages to raise the ax, then approaches another tree and begins to hit the ax blow after blow, it is a little more effective than the jaws of an Ant Camponotus, however, still it is time-consuming. But over time instead of getting tired he gets better at work.

 

 

When I start to pay more attention it starts to appear that the ax has become lighter for him, he strikes more precisely and with more force and the movements become shorter, in just over five minutes the tree comes to the ground.

 

 

It was quite surprising, I am very happy with the result that Little ant Atta achieved and I decided to ask him about what he thought of the activity I gave him.

 

 

"My congratulations soldier, your effort and work was really satisfactory, I see that you had difficulty at first, but you got used to the tool, so what did you think of the task I gave you, you feel some discomfort or difficulty" - I ask him who immediately responds.

 

 

“No sir, I confess that at first, I didn't understand why you wanted me to hold the cutting object, but as soon as I started hitting the tree, I understood it is an arduous and continuous effort that seems strange to anyone who sees it, but it is quite fun also, moreover, I gained new things from this task ”, - he answers and I ask him another question.

 

 

"What did you mean by new things?".

 

 

“First I gained a skill called Lumberjack Lvl 1 and then my high Strength went up from 4 to 5, and lastly a type of title called Tree-felling,” - he replies.

 

 

Understanding then was why he was more efficient with the service, a new skill, an improvement, and a title, it helps a lot in my operations in the forest, only one of them will not be as efficient.

 

 

Conclude by deciding to build a second golden ax with the rest of my MP and double for the second ant Little Ant Atta, following the example of the previous form, he starts swinging his ax and cuts the falling tree.

 

 

The two end up getting excited about a task and after cutting down several trees once in another in a short period of time, then I send them like Ant Camponotus to cut rough trees in several cuts, and these pieces are transported to the nest by Little Ant Camponotus while I am left with the evolved ones along with a small group of other Camponotus Little Ants causing damage to the site as a means of protection to alert as others that they are working in the event of any possible danger.

 

 

It continues in this process for the rest of the morning and an entire afternoon in a collective effort, we cut down about one hundred and twenty-five trees in a single day, although we did not cut them all just as felled, deciding that it is time to return to a colony of the ants, because the logo will unite and know the type of monsters that live here at night, but everyone in formation in the same way that we visualized and how to march back and right at the beginning of our steps we all received a warning.

 

 

(You have gained the Teamwork Skill Level 1)

 

 

All of them stop and are surprised, it seems that all the beats win too, I never heard of skill like that, what is it for?

 

 

Teamwork: The power of many is unified for the greater good, when it is possible to work together with new doors open, experience in battle is shared with all the other resources of this skill, but if there is a leader he gains more XP, Improving this skill implies a collective advance in their status and the execution of their activities.

 

 

So this is what you do, there is another word to say if not, incredible! With that, all my soldiers and I raised the level almost at the same time, of course, there are differences and as there are different species with the amount of experience needed for each one it must be different, but details if you stop to think about how it will be beneficial for everyone even more for me as I am their leader.

 

 

After that moment, follow the step back to the nest and load the bodies of the dead squirrels along with various pieces of trees using the pace in our steady march. Halfway there, a subtle light of light over my face and in the distance I see a strange figure, also for all eyes and look too. When you ask if they know what that is in the distance on the horizon, everyone says they can't see anything, it seems to be a long way from what I can see it. Force my vision to the maximum to try to identify what it is.

 

 

(Enhanced senses skill went up from 1 → 2)

 

 

Wow, look who decided to show my not-so-flashy but very useful ability, and incredible enhanced sensation that improves all the senses of the body, I don't think much about it because it is a passive ability that keeps the activity activated without my control, at level one I didn’t notice much difference, but now at level two, even though it’s very useful, see that it’s an amazing skill, better hear each other’s movement, feel the wind passing through my body and smell the smell it carries with it and also is better.

 

 

Apparently someone is several kilometers from here in an easterly direction looking at us with what looks like binoculars he is lying as if he is camouflaging himself and he is looking directly at me because we are in the Fall Lands I believe it could be some kind of demon, although I disagree with that myself when I tighten my vision I see that he is certainly a human and given our current location, we know that he must be an inhabitant of the Celestéa kingdom, but what is he doing here?

 

 

He wouldn't have come this far for mere ants unless ... maybe the ant's nest is close to the border of the kingdom or the city or town he belongs to, he probably came to see how the progress and activities of the ants and other monsters, in this case, it is better to just ignore and keep walking so as not to attract attention.

 

 

Soon we started to march again, but my thoughts soon make me stop our march again, having a human here is worrying for several reasons, one of them being the fact that I am a unique ant in this world, if he observes the ants for longer he must have realized that I am the first golden and also that the ants are walking coordinated instead of walking in a single Indian line. I better take quick action before he is even more surprised and suspicious of me, of course, there is no way anyone can know that I am from his rival kingdom and that I was reincarnated, but I don't want any attention turned to me while I try to dominate that forest.

 

 

"Pay attention now, what I am going to say is of the utmost importance for all of us, stop following the lines and start walking the way you want, there is no need to follow a pattern just come back anyway as fast as you can".

 

 

So the formation soon disintegrates and we all start to get away from each other and gradually we are all dispersed, I stop staring at the man in the background and I just follow intending to return to the nest.

 

 

After unloading everything we caught on the day I realize that the food room where the fungus is found is full, in a single day we were able to fill this whole place. While the fungus begins to sprout in what we brought today our battalion with me feeds and then we go back to our base and get ready to sleep, but before that, I have some warnings to give.

 

 

"Today you all did a great job, I confess that at the beginning it was difficult just that everyone adapted well to the new functions, and this is something that deserves recognition, so Little ant Pogonomyrmex steps forward".

 

 

"Yes sir," - he replies.

 

 

“Today, for your continued efforts in our battle against the hornless squirrels and for saving me from an attack I can see that you are a loyal soldier, so I promote you to the vice commander and I will name you Impius, starting today you will be my right arm ”.

 

 

"I will proudly accept this promotion, Commander Tyrant, and will do my best to keep fighting and protecting you" - says the newly appointed Impius, the poisonous ant.

 

 

"Next, for also fighting at my side and showing great skill, I will appoint you Little ant Melanocephalum as a captain and will give you the name Noctum because of your stealth".

 

 

“It is a great honor for me, Commander, I promise to do my best” - says Noctum, the transparent ant.

 

 

"The next ones, the two Little ants Atta, for their continuous and almost uninterrupted effort, we were able to see a demonstration of extraordinary strength, so I will nominate them both as captains and name them Fort and Majar".

 

 

“It is a pleasure to help Commander, I am very grateful for the promotion and will continue to improve” - says the first Atta ant named from Fort.

 

 

"And me too" - Majar replies, he doesn't seem to have many thoughts of his own so from what I could see in general he only copies what Fort does, but it doesn't matter.

 

 

"And that's it if you want to move up the ranks as your fellow soldiers keep on trying and ...", - I'm interrupted by Little ant Tronitrua I think she expects me to nominate her and a promotion.

 

 

I should punish him for interrupting my speech, but today while we were working I saw that he is the fastest ant of all of us and that he didn’t stop to pause, he certainly is running after the damage for having evolved in a weaker class, and also in appearance, he is more like me, I think this time I will help him.

 

 

“Of course, I was already forgetting, you Little ant Tronitrua, who with so much enthusiasm works hard and who showed potential with his speed, I will take over as, you see, I already know the general assistant and from today on you will be known as Profugus".

 

 

"Thank you very much commander, I promise that Profugus will not disappoint you, I will be the best assistant you ever had, but what does a assistant do?", He asks me.

 

 

"Well, you will help when someone has a problem, it can be in any sector, you will show up and try to help fix the situation, in general, your function is to be useful when we need it".

 

 

He seems a little restless at first, but soon he starts to smile again and he has enough energy to spend even after an intense day at work. Well, going on, I enumerated the Ant Camponotus from number 1 to 5, and the Little ant Camponotus from 6 onwards to make it easier to identify them, even if only for their identification they seem to have been quite happy with it.

 

 

“To finish before we go to sleep I want to say again to all of you a great job, I hope that in the coming days you will continue to maintain the same effort and performance that you will show me today, and I say more from today our group will be known by everyone in this anthill like the Fleeting Squad 2.0".

 

 

They don't seem to understand why I called so they just accept it without problems, get ready and start to sleep little by little, soon I also get ready on the floor and start to get tired, close my eyes little by little and get ready to sleep, I hope that the next one's days are so smooth and smooth.

2