Prologue – Final
1.5k 15 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The flame, Amy, stared at her creator, her father, as he crumbled to ashes. The twisting mass of fire above started to twist, pulsating, before it stopped completely and collapsed on itself.

This is the end, she thought. She turned away before stopping when laughter reached her.

Kuhuhuuu… Hahahahahaha!!! I told you that it’s not controllable! You fucking moron! Hahahahaha!”

Stupid creature. She flickered, vanishing from her position to reappear on a mountaintop far away. Let’s watch his last magic in silence.

She looked upwards, as clouds disappeared, and red lines covered the sky.

 

They made their way across the world, covering the entire planet, forming a giant magic circle. Soon they were visible for anyone. Beast and demons fell on their knees, begging, praying to the evil to save them.

But it left them alone, despairing at the magic.

“This shouldn’t be possible!”

It shouted over and over as if doing so could help him.

Then it started. The circle began to spin. Golden flames shifted into existence, hundreds of miles above the earth. Gently they began their descent, like a warm summer rain.

The evil lifted its hands, darkness blocking to the sky above him.

“He’s already dead! Stop it!”

He felt the fire touching his barrier, dissolving the last defense he had, before it resumed its descent, landing on the ground. Every expectation of its wild power was destroyed once it touched the earth.

No shattered earth. No burned remains. No agonizing heat.

It just flowed softly, covering stone, ruins, even natural wildlife. All passed without a harm.

Even when it reached the monsters and demons. They didn’t scream in pain. It just ran over them, before going farther leaving nothing behind.

And then it reached the evil, pouring over him. Its void pushing against it. A last, desperate form of resistance, before fading like all before.

 

The flames soon crossed the whole world, converging on a mountain.

“So, this is the gentleness mother started to love.”

The white flame flickered, reaching out to the golden flame.

“Let me show you the way, brother.”

 


 

“Is this the afterlife?” Darkness surrounded me. I tried to move but soon noticed how it was impossible as I had no body at all. “Hahaha,” did I really fall to hell to hell. Is this my punishment for betraying my promise to her? Oblivion?

Congratulations

 

The last evil has been destroyed,

saving your planet from destruction.

 

The title ‘Savior’ has been awarded!

I started to grimace. Could I even grimace without a body? Ahh, don’t care about it. I’m dead after all.

Congratulations

 

You’ve sacrificed your own life in the fight against evil,

victoriously ending the destruction.

 

The title ‘Ultimate Sacrifice’ has been awarded!

“Fuck, who the hell has filled my hell with system messages!? Come out here so I can burn you!”

Damn, nothingness is definitely better than this bastard. Get lost! I’m done with you!

Silence returned, leaving me back to the nothingness.

It felt like minutes passed, then hours, days, weeks, years and centuries. At least by my best guesses. It’s not like I had some way to tell the time in here. I never knew it would be so annoying to have literary nothing to do. The only thing left was remembering the past.

I’m sorry Amy. First, I left right after creating you and then, when we met again, I had to die, leaving you alone once again. I wonder what will happen to you. Will you wander, all alone? Or create new life? It should be possible if it’s you. And I wouldn’t have to worry about you being all alone.

And what about Brother? I wondered what happened after I left him. Seeing how he came to my rescue he certainly didn’t have an easier life after I left him. Would he have survived if he didn’t come? He saved me, giving his own life in the process, damn fool.

No, I shouldn’t think this way. It was all because of him that I beat that last evil. And what would have been left for him if he survived? A world filled with monsters. Doesn’t seem that beautiful. Well, maybe he would have met Amy. I’m sure they would get along, seeing how she’s part of myself.

I hope at least you are with her, seeing how I am down here in hell. Say her I’m sorry, will you? I bet she’s crying…

“Fuck! Let me out of here! Let me go to her! Let me see her. Start over once again!”

I felt a fire start to burn. I looked around, but it was still the same void everywhere.

“Hahaha, one mention of her and you’re starting to react? Finally, willing to show me true hell? Let me tell you something! There is no fire I can’t control!”

I felt the fire growing stronger, eager to grow.

“You think making it stronger is going to work? I felt the work of all flames in existence, yours is still like child’s play! Try your best and then let me out!”

I felt its hunger, its yearning for more. Only then I noticed it. I couldn’t see it. It started within me, feeding on my rage, my sadness. But it didn’t seem to like these feelings, glancing at them before deciding to burn them, feed on them. Then it went on, searching through my soul and deciding to burn the things it found unnecessary, before it found something. Something I would never let go again. My love for her.

“Don’t you dare you fucking Bastard.”

But contrary to my expectations it just stopped, watching it. Seeming satisfied it gained a gentle warmth.

Congratulations

 

You are the last sentient being recognized by the system.

 

The title ‘Last Survivor’ has been awarded!

“Now it’s the system again, huh? Gone crazy? You just said I died before this!”

The fire started to move once again, spreading outside my body. Soon it covered everything, leaving me in a world of flames. Thus passed time. Nothing happened, even as I spat out more curses against the system and this hell. Eventually I stopped, realizing how nothing changed. I was just tired. I closed my eyes, blending out the fire around me, and drifted into a deep sleep.

All-encompassing fire – essence of the phoenix

 

Fire is the end of all life.

Fire is the start of all life.

Once a life fades a new one shall rise out of the ashes.

Spread your wings, oh phoenix, and soar to the sky again.

Timeless creature, repeating its destiny over and over.

41