Chapter 52 – God of lightning
440 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Messages flashed into existence, quickly overwritten by even more. All until they suddenly shut down completely, leaving one message behind.

Massive Error

System shutting down…

One by one the messages disappeared, my vision returning to the fire around me. Though I didn’t feel weaker at all, instead power flew out of the arm that Amy rested inside. As I focused on it I noticed a splitter of seemingly unlimited power, though my attention was broken through a voice shouting out. Up above me I could see the goblin, his previous arrogance gone as it screamed in fury.

“How can that thing even have the audacity to stand in my way!?” It gathered mana, making even more lightning bolts rain down towards me. But they never hit me. While they flew straight at me at first they eventually strayed of course, rushing past me, deviated through the fire which burned hot enough to distort the atmosphere.

While I could ignore it attacking me, I couldn’t quite stand what he just shouted. “What did you call her?”

“That wench! She doesn’t belong on this plane! She doesn’t…” It paused, energy coursing out of its body as it flew sideways, before a massive pillar of fire shot past its initial position.

“Don’t you fucking talk about her like that.” I barely whispered, but the fire resonated with me. Streaks of flame split off from the fire surrounding me, forming hundreds of spears.

“You lowly little worm. How dare…”

All at once the spears flew forward. The darkness of the storm disappeared, replaced by a blinding storm of fire, radiating far into the distance. Mana amassed around the goblin, forming a wave of lightning that shot towards my attacks.

It pressed against my spears, lightning flashing with each strike it received, summoning an orchestra of thunder. Though the spears didn’t go down silently, flames spreading over the surface of the wave, eating their way through it.

But that didn’t stop that little piece of shit from opening its mouth once more. “Is that all that you can do. Why did that thing even come here?”

For the first time I started to actively gather energy from the splitter. As I came in touch with it I noticed its origin as a splitter of my own divinity, broken off as it first formed. This is the reason why Amy became alive. I shouldn’t take too much from it then. I looked towards the goblin. Don’t have much of a choice right now though. Sorry, I’ll repay it.

When the energy filled my body the flames wavered, before resting still, waiting for me. I lifted my arm up towards the sky, the flames amassing at my palm, concentrating into a single point the size of a matchlight.

“Go, set the sky aflame.” The fire quivered, a massive shock running through the air destroying everything left behind near us, before it shot upwards, easily piercing through the lightning-wave. When it was at the right height, I closed my hand. At first there was nothing, until the lightning began to shake, breaking apart as it was consumed from inside to reveal a second sun.

But even with this attack I heard it shouting profanities. “Still not shutting up, are you?”

Mana amassed inside the sun, piercing through it as lightning struck out, dozens of them crashing down all around as they were sent in a fight of rage rather than an actual attack. “How dare you! Just die already, insect! It’s not even your strength you’re relying on!”

I felt the sun being ripped apart, as the bolts got bigger and bigger, all until an enormous head dashed out of it. Blue scales decorated an elongated head. A black slit ran through crackling violet eyes, showing a clear relationship towards reptilian creatures. Though anything else seemed to contradict this link, with antler-like horns growing from its head, separated through a wild, grey mane running between it. From both sides of its chin barbels grew, floating in the static air.

The dragon opened its mouth, revealing a row of sharp fangs, only for them to be overshadowed by the energy flowing up its throat. The beam of electricity it released reached me instantly, only diverted by the flames around me. Without a chance for escape it enveloped me, strings and streaks diverting to pierce through the buildings left behind me.

Then the beam receded, the dragon staring at me, astonished that I was still alive, while I stood still for a whole other reason. For the first time since I received Amy’s power, I felt a sense of danger. But it wasn’t fear for my life, instead it felt more like I could lose something.

Once more I directed the energy to gather before me, producing a lance of fire that shot towards the dragon. But instead of keeping my eyes on the dragonhead I glanced around, noticing the source of my discomfort.

Inside the path of destruction, the destroyed cityscape, cries of fear rang out, the few survivors trying their best not to get implicated in this battle. Though it weren’t them that distracted me. Instead I saw two feeble sources of fire, the two I wanted to safe as I sent them away from the earlier fight.

They wouldn’t stand a chance if they got hit. Feeling another spark of mana, I looked towards the fading sun, seeing it break apart as more and more heads revealed themselves. They opened their mouth, the air vibrating as the screamed before all at once lightning crackled in their throats.

Quickly I flew upwards when they bombarded me with their beams, piercing into the ground before they snaked upwards, leaving wide fissures in their way while destroying land and structure, before they finally left their path of collision to tear through the air.

“Trying to flee little rat!?” The goblin shouted out, standing atop of a scaly head at the back, his skin a little scorched from the earlier attack.

Seems like this spell doesn’t need direct interference like the hydra. As I thought about the structure of the spell that released the dragon wings shot out of the sun, dissipating the rest of the fire left behind to show a massive body which all heads gathered towards.

But before I could inspect it further lightning crackled once more, the goblin pushing its hands together as orbs of electricity came into existence. They shot forward, sparks flying between them as they tried to surround me.

In return I created Fireballs, making them crash into the orbs, detonations of fire and electricity separating the two of us. In the short moment we were unable to see each other I gathered my mana once more before I released a spell into the sky.

The goblin instead made the dragon release even more beams, relying on its sense for mana to hit me. A dozen beams shot towards me, piercing through the explosion to gather as one, striking towards me. Creating a barrier of fire, I deflected the beam sideways, the electric current zapping at my body as it passed me, even the smallest sparks able to paralyze my feeling of touch.

Then the explosions lifted themselves, sparks flying through the air while small while embers were whisked upwards. When I saw the goblin again its anger turned into arrogance, lightning gathering around it as its mouth opened once more.

“Already out of gas? That little bitch would have been a better opponent than you.”

“How many times do I have to repeat myself.” My flames burst out once more, gathering into enormous stakes of fire while I directed my arm towards him. “Don’t you fucking dare to talk about her.”

16