Act 2 – Chapter 52 – Ozron Navrass
140 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its gaze stayed on the corpse for a moment, before it stepped past it, stopping beneath the destroyed arch. It lifted its hand into the air, brushing through it before it spoke once more.

“As I thought.”

Without looking it grabbed the tail of the wyvern, a single pull flinging it outside and far into the distance. At the sight of the corpse of their brethren the remaining wyvern screamed out, turning all at once to fly towards the temple.

“This isn’t a place for you beasts.”

It lifted its hand, pointing it towards the remaining swarm. “Begone.” Turning its palm upwards the earth began to shake. All at once a cacophony of cries was released when stakes of earth rose to pierce through the wyverns.

In the blink of an eye it destroyed them all. And when it turned its palm back down the stakes disappeared once more, stone flowing freely like water as it turned into a single smooth surface once more. If not for the corpses falling from above, crashing into the ground, one wouldn’t ever think that this was the place of a battle.

When it was done with the wyverns however its attention turned back to the others that stepped into this temple. To us. Turning around it spoke again.

“Now, scaled one, awoken one and unknown one.” One by one, its gaze passed over us, its voice remaining the same coldness since ever. “What drove you to step into these halls? Only the scaled are welcome here.”

It was a simple question, but it felt like whatever our answer was would decide whether we lived our died.

“We…” My words got stuck in my throat as its gaze turned towards me.

“We searched shelter!” Narva’s words echoed through the hall, making it turn towards her. It, however, stayed silent, tilting its head at her. “Those wyverns would’ve killed us without your assistance.” A bitter feeling rose inside me, as I saw her acting just like the first time we met.

Eventually it continued, as if it needed time to think about what to do next at first. “If that is all you wanted then leave this place.”

It stepped aside, gesturing us to go away. Before we could do so however Narva’s voice rang out once more. “Please, Mr. Navrass, allow us to stay! We must continue further inwards!”

I couldn’t believe she spoke again, stopping us from leaving this place immediately.

“What did you call me?” For the first time there was a change in its tone, even if only a moniker. And only with his next words did I understand the underlying emotion.

“Aren’t you Ozron Navrass? The last defender of the draconoids?”

Her words sounded insane. Even if it looked like a draconoid it was over double her height. And opposed to flesh its entire body seemed like it was carved stone. But even though it sounded ridiculous, her face was filled with confidence, certain of the truth.

Once more it took the statue a while to answer. Only for it to continue as bizarre as her words were.

“You know me?” A flash ran through its gemmed eyes, showing the same curiosity its voice held.

 


 

Looking at the one before me I saw the features of the one who defended our species till the last moment. When only the temple guarding the earth’s will stood against the species that invaded our world.

It didn’t make sense. Nothing of it. Not this temple that sheltered so many of my kind. Nor him. It couldn’t be him. We saw his last moments. The last fighter capable of standing against their leaders. His words alone flipped the earth, burying armies beneath it. A single strike with his claw scarred the ground for dozens of miles.

And even then, he couldn’t survive the endless battle, succumbing to his wounds. And when he was at his lowest a ray of light enshrouded him, leaving not a single trace of his body.

Then, all remaining draconoids received a single message.

Your species lost.

The remaining individuals will be brought to Aeus, if they wish for it.

 

Accept?

Looking at the thousands of creatures, one worse than the other, all out for our blood, I couldn’t help but accept at that time. I was just a young girl, that feared for her life. And together with a mere thousand other souls I was imprisoned in that new world.

“I will ask you one more time. You know me?” Before I knew it, he stood before me, displaying the same unimaginable level of power I saw years prior, only that this time I was on the receiving end of it. Still, if I’m right, and this frozen world is the remains of my home world, then we need to look further inside this temple.

“Yes. I believe so.” Trying my best to keep a steady voice I answered.

He stared at me, his gazes evaluating my whole being, before he spoke again. “Come with me. As for the unscaled,” his gazes turned towards Agni and Homura, “you should leave.”

“Please, they are my comrades.”

Once more he looked at me, contemplating my words. “Stay close. I cannot allow those without scales to wander without guards through these halls.” Without waiting for us he turned to away, only to stop when he stepped across the corpse of the one-eyed wyvern.

“Still need to take care of this.”

He grabbed the body, nails piercing into the scales to find hold before he threw it outside the hole it made while crashing through the wall. Instead of lowering his hand however it remained in position afterwards. And as he slowly began to spin it the rubble around started to quiver. Piece of piece began to roll back, climbing onto another to repair what was damaged. When everything stopped the wall was just like when we had seen it first, unblemished.

 


 

I could only look at what was playing out in front of my eyes, before a hand rested on my back, pressing me lightly forward while bringing me out of my stupor.

“Strange things are always happening inside the arena, this isn’t the first one. Let’s go.” Though her words may have seemed calm, I felt her quivering through her hand. Only when I began to move did she so too.

In the meanwhile, it began to move once more, taking large strides towards the gate leading further, all while beckoning Narva to keep up with it. The wings of the gate opened silently, swinging open the moment he came near, only to reveal a dark corridor behind them.

Before stepping through however, it waved its hands at a pair of statues nearby. With loud cracking they started to move, stepping over to Homura and me to surround us on each side. Then, satisfied with its measures, it stepped into the darkness.

6