Chapter 29
3k 7 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 2 weeks since our school trip, and we were given quite the homework to finish.

But the homework was pretty much easy for me and Tia, so we got pretty far on our first week.

I was reading a book about old legends and myths. It has nothing to do with our homework, but I got quite interested in it.

One of the pages I was currently reading was about a creature called [Fenrir].

It said that these creatures were basically large wolfs that comes from Nordic mythology. These creatures has been in many movies, animated shows and other series. They even stated that creatures from myths are just things created by man.

But 175 years ago, they found some evidence of their existence in an unexplored cave. So they have been debating ever since then if other creatures from myths and legends actually existed or not.

The bones they showed in the book was also scaled with a normal wolf bone. They were indeed huge.

"Hm? What are you reading, Tau?"

"Myths and legends. This one is called [Fenrir]."

"Those are some pretty large bones. It looks like a wolf."

"Mm."

"I think I've seen something similar in my world in a book. I should probably ask our royal scholar about it next week."

Next week is the start of the spring break. So I was quite excited.

I looked at the image of the [Fenrir] again and noticed that it looks really fluffy. Well, of course it's fluffy, since it's basically a really large wolf. And aren't wolfs from the northern hemisphere really fluffy since it's quite cold? Now that I think about it, aren't there dogs that's also really fluffy?

I asked Tia if I could come with her when she's going back home. I really wanted to see their version of this creature.

Now that I think about it, don't I have [Summoner] job sub-class? Doesn't that mean I could summon one?!

I got even more excited than before. The possibilities of summoning a fluffy creature!

 

A week later, we were back in her world. And this time, I did not use the app thing.

Sofia created a weird, portal, or maybe it's a rift? I'm not really sure, since I never really watched any sci-fi movies.

As we walked forwards the scholar was, I was told by Tia that he was a bit weird.

"I hope he won't cause any problems for Tauro-sama."

"I don't think he will? I mean, he isn't a bad person, just strange."

And at that time, the door from the scholar's room opened.

"Well, I'm sorry for being so strange, Princess Tiatania."

He said with a tired face.

"Ah. scholar James. Good to see you."

"Yes, yes. Good day and all. Now then, you didn't come here with pleasantries did you?"

"Indeed. We want to look into a creature that looks like this. It's called [Fenrir], well, I'm not sure if it's called that over here though."

"Ah. That one. Yes, you can find it in the library, in the monster section. It's called [Moon Wolf]."

"Thank you, scholar James."

"No problem. Now then, I'm off. I got something important to take care of. And also... Sorry for sounding rude."

And off he went.

"He didn't bat one eye that you were royalty, did he?"

"He is actually the Duke's 2nd son. But he really hate the, as he calls it, 'fancy pants' or 'a stick up your butt' kind of talks."

Annette failed to stifle her laugh from Tia's reply. She quickly apologised afterwards, but Tia just shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"He isn't a bad person, so don't let it get to you. Now then, let's head forwards the royal library!"

The royal library wasn't that far away from the scholar James room. It was a short distance away actually.

We were quite amazed when we saw how huge the royal library actually was.

Tia said with a smug grin that the entire library was within a pocket dimension. It was created by the royal head magician over 600 years ago.

She also said he is the most intelligent magician in this kingdom, and all of his research were written in ancient elven script.

"Hoho~ Thanks for the praise Princess."

"Ah, Head magician!"

The head magician which noticed our entry and Tia's praise walked over here with a book in his hand. I quickly glanced at the book and, it was a romance novel?

He briefly introduced himself as the head magician, an elf of age 1850 years.

"I haven't seen another of my elven race in years, hoho~"

The moment he noticed Annette he stroke his white beard and laughed brightly.

"This is why mother tells you to get some fresh air."

Tia said with a tired face.

"Now now. I do get fresh air. Now and then."

"You mean every 50 years or so?"

"Hoho~ Indeed. Now then, I'll be going back to reading this interesting book."

He then went back while stroking his long white beard.

"I think I know who that old man is."

"Hm? You know him Annette?"

"Yeah... He is probably my father's cousins father's uncle."

"Father's cousins father's uncle?? Eh?"

"It's... complicated. To think I would meet this old man here. *Sigh*"

Annette heaved a tired sigh, while holding her head as if she's slowly getting a headache.

Tia quickly changed the mood by telling us to follow her to the monster section.

"Now then, [Moon Wolf]... Where can it be..."

We then looked over the monster section, which had a massive amount of books, in alphabetical order in order to find what we were looking for.

A few books contained information about a certain creature, or creatures only. And they usually were quite thick, as it contained a very thorough investigation of their habitat, what they eat and much more.

It took about 1 hour to find the book we were looking for. Working as an librarian in this place must be tiring.

The book we found was not really that large, as it was within a book that had the title "Unknown Creatures From the Northern Continent". It sounded like a novel.

 

"So this is the [Moon Wolf]? Since it was within this book, it must mean it hasn't been properly documented or investigated yet."

"You are indeed correct, Lady Annette. Most of the northern continent is unexplored, and the reason for this is due to the harsh weather conditions of that continent."

"Mm. I heard from Onee-chan that this continent is ruled by a snow kingdom."

"Snow kingdom? ...Ah. You mean [Jǫkullgarðr]. They speak a very ancient tongue, very similar to ancient elven script."

"That must mean they survived the [The Missing Gap]."

"Mm? What do you mean by [The Missing Gap] Annette?"

"Ah. I forgot that you haven't had those history lessons back at the castle..."

As Annette was mulling over how to explain it, Tia said that we could go over to the history section. As there should be some records, and theories about the anomaly that happened 1000 years prior.

104