Chapter 33
2.1k 4 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was funny how the mountain was called Odin. Since on Earth, it's a name for the war god. But here, it's simply mountain god.

Now that I think about it, [Jǫkullgarðr] have very similar architecture to the Vikings, mixed [The Nordic Kingdom]'s country buildings. They even have the same, or well, similar kinds of gods.

I say similar, since some have the same name as the ones from Earth, but they actually have nothing in common.

As we started going up the mountain path, my summons and Annette started defeating the strong monsters.

Some slimes called [Mountain Slime] also appeared, but they were defeated by Tia, as she knows how to use magic called [Thunder]. These slimes were quite weak, and very similar to slimes you find in the forests, swamps and on the plains. I have yet to see a [Desert Slime]. Not sure why a slime would want to live in the desert.

As we progressed further down the mountain path, we came across a step ravine. There was also a stone bridge not far from here, but it was in disrepair and was falling apart.

Annette noticed that the broken guard tower had some faint light coming from it. Rose used her keen eye sight to take a peek at the tower.

"I can see a few people. They don't look friendly in the slightest, and may be bandits."

"Bandits, huh? Lowlife scum then."

"They have an archer. But he doesn't look all that skilled."

"Is the bridge our only path?"

"No. We have two options here. The bridge, which means a fight with the bandits. Or the path over there. We are in luck it's quite dark here, and that the night is approaching."

"Is the second option more dangerous, Rose?"

"No. Both paths are equally dangerous. But the first path is probably more dangerous, since if there are bandits setup there, that means there are more such people further along."

We decided to go for the second best option.

 

After walking for a while, night was approaching quickly. The sky was mostly dark by the time we arrived on the other side. We did find a very old stone path, which looked older than the bridge itself.

We followed it until we reached a mountain clearing. For a moment I thought we somehow walked back to were we came from. But the big large mountain was still in front of us, still being lit up by the setting sun. It looked quite beautiful.

What surprised me was that this area wasn't as cold as the path we were just on. Looking back, we can clearly see the snow just ending abruptly.

"Tauro-sama, this mountain clearing is filled with mana. It's what making this area quite warm, even though we are high up in the mountain."

"This area is basically it's own ecosystem. There are also a high chance that we might find a [Moon Wolf] in this area. What's surprising is that nobody has found this place for a very long time."

"Mm? Nobody has been here for a long time, Akemi?"

"Indeed. This place have had no human presence for a very, very long time... Hm? Master, look."

Akemi pointed at a building not far from here, or what looked like a building. It was hard to see it clearly, since it was behind a dense cluster of trees. But not only that, it was getting dark.

When we approached it, we noticed that it wasn't just one building, but it was in fact a town. A town that's still in it's pristine condition. The buildings also still had it's furnishing still there. It's as if people still lived here.

"Everything is coated in ancient preserve magic, which keeps everything in it's pristine quality. As if it was built yesterday. It's... kind of creepy."

"M-Mm. It's as if they all disappeared."

We entered what looked like an Inn to take a closer look. And we noticed something quite eerie, some of the tables still had some plates with food on it and drinks.

The drinks still had what looked like water and alcohol in them. And the food... I highly doubt it's edible, even after such a long time. I wouldn't even dare to eat it, even if it was coated in some strange ancient preserve magic. Sorry but, I'm not the guy from YuTub that eats old food that's 40 years old.

Well, in this case it's ancient food.

"W-Well... Even if it's creepy, let's just take an empty room-. Well, all the rooms are empty by now... Um, let's just sleep, shall we Tau?"

Tia said with a strained smile. I simply nodded.

This town felt weird and creepy. It was also quite dark by now, so we all just went to bed.

Well, everyone except my summons, since they didn't really need sleep.

84