Revenge after death is the sweetest
1k 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The head of the group of thugs stood up when I neared them, hearing my salute they were confused for a moment, then the head  took a menacing expression and said

"Listen kid do you know who we are? scram before I put a bullet in your brains"

"You should really change your M.O, 'cause you already did that yesterday. It wasn't fun man, do you know what it is like to die?" I asked with a smile.

"Hey kid what are you talking about? are you alright in the head?!" He was starting to get impatient, with a sign, one of his minions headed toward me. He was 2m tall with impressive muscles and tattoos covering almost every inch of his skin. I was mildly impressed. If it was yesterday before all the craziness I would have shat my pants in front of this wall of meat, but today he just seemed fragile, compared to the monster who reaped my head off.

"Take care of him quickly, I don't know if he saw us yesterday or if the dead kid was his friend, to be honest, I don't really care, just get rid of him" the boss ordered coldly

The sheer casualness of him ordering my death like I wasn't even relevant made the righteous fury, I was feeling after my second death gets loose. I started laughing.

"You know, you people will never change, before I just felt like making you pay for killing me yesterday but now I just think I should wipe you off the face of the earth." I snapped.

The muscle head didn't care about my fury and just punched. I could see the fist coming but it was in slow motion. I felt like he was a turtle and I had all the time in the world to avoid it but I just didn't find the need to. I raised a palm and simply pushed against his incoming punch, there was a loud cracking sound followed by an even louder shrill scream.

I didn't know humans could scream like pigs. Tired of seeing him rolling on the ground holding an arm that had a bone sticking out of it, I took a step forward, for the casual observer I had disappeared, the next time I reappeared, my foot reduced the brain of the screaming asshole into mush.

"You! What are you?!?" The boss was starting to get really scared.

"Like I've been telling you since earlier, I am the kid you murdered in that alley yesterday. If you still can't remember maybe my punch can jog your memory? I am always happy to be of service." I answered happily.

"B-b-but it can be!? you were dead!!" Now, he was so afraid he started stuttering.

"Yeah right. The mysteries of life man or in this case the mysteries of Death man." I shrugged.

They all looked at me as if I was an insane monster.

'I wonder if they're right? I just extinguished a human life and I didn't feel a thing, it was like squashing an annoying mosquito.' As I was doing an introspection, those assholes started running away.

"Nobody is leaving here alive, well except me, anyway let's have fun guys!!" Who cares if I was on a psychotic break you'd be like that too if you died twice. Plus, I think I am getting more comfortable with the idea of death in general.

I took a jump and went 5 m over their head to land before them. They didn't even get the chance to leave the alley. With inhumane speed and savagery, I started a massacre.

*************************************************************************

When it was over I was sitting against a wall, surrounding me there were bits of flesh, arms, legs, and inwards all over the place. I was covered in blood.

Weirdly, seeing this scene I wasn't feeling nauseous or anything at all. Au contraire, I was feeling good, like after a seance with a psych, I let out my demons and it felt great. By the way, I recommend revenge it's very cathartic.

Nevertheless, I was surprised at myself. The old me could have never done this and been cool with it.

'Maybe my will and mental firmness had been upgraded too.'

I stood up and went home, of course, while avoiding being seen. I headed toward the shower immediately after arriving.

This was starting to become recurrent, me always getting home dirty.

'*Sigh* my life has been getting absurd lately, fighting and killing gangsters, getting killed myself, twice!! meeting two vampires? I think.'

Realizing the absurdity of my new life I smiled wryly.

Getting out of the shower, I looked at the mirror, and sure enough the person I was seeing looked nothing like the 'me' of yesterday, he was tall, absolutely beautiful, like impossibly so. He had killer six-pack abs. Despite his androgynous face, you couldn't mistake him for a girl with a body like that. I once again realized how much of a cheat I was, basically immortal and getting stronger every time I died. I literally embodied the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

'Now I should find a way of making money, I don't want to live my now eternal life as a poor immortal. Also, I need to move out of this shitty neighborhood.'

' Should I steal it from a gangster? Nah too much hassle but maybe not a gangster, humm... I seem to remember a certain asshole.' i was of course thinking about the one guilty of my wrongful employment termination.

This is gonna take some searching to find his whereabouts and intel about his family. But for now, I am starving I still didn't eat thanks to all the shit that happened.

'I guess I'll order a pizza no two, 50$ should be enough.' I quickly called the pizza and they send a delivery guy. The 15 minutes later, I was barely holding on. The wait was maddening.

I heard a 'ding' and opened the door. I was surprised then pissed off.

It wasn't the delivery guy.

"Well hello miss vampire." Yup. you guessed right, I don't know how but she knew I was alive and even found where I lived.

"Mr. Samsara we need to talk."

"You can call me Sam, after all, aren't we intimate, you saw my head being reaped off by your boyfriend," I said apathetically.

She cringed a little.

"Sorry about him and he is not my boyfriend, just a very annoying problem. Sam, I didn't introduce myself, I am Chloe  A. Crimson"

"What do you want Chloe? and how did you know I was still alive?"

"Can I enter first? I have your pizza," she said giving it to me.

"Where's the delivery guy?"

"He is ok, and I paid him extra."

"Fine come on in."

She entered and I closed the door.

14