True sight and confrontation
217 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Contrary to what I expected it wasn't my uncle that responded, it was his wife, Mel Wade.

"Boy you've been dipping in some pretty dangerous water you know?" she said, making me confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking at them like insane people.

This time it was Cole that answered.

"You think I am a fool I saw you two days ago, you didn't have the appearance you have now, what it is? witchcraft? Do you think you could fool me? I have the true sight like Mother. Have you been seeing a practitioner?" he asked derisively.

I now understood what it was all about, and why the mother and son duo gave me this feeling of otherness. This 'true sight' must be a power allowing them to see the 'truth', they know there is something supernatural about my transformation but they think there's magic involved. Now that my senses were upgraded I could feel the 'otherness' in supernaturals.

Taking my silence as confirmation uncle Thomas said threatening :

"I don't know what you did to my father to make him give those shares to you but you've messed with the wrong person this time."

'Oh. I see they think the reason grandpa included me in the succession was due to foul play. Even I could see grandpa and grandma were dripping with remorse after the death of their daughter. I see where Cole gets his delusional mind.'

"What do you intend to do about it?" I asked provocatively. I didn't intend to justify myself in front of that crazy family.

He was about to blow his casket. His wife just narrowed her eyes and stayed silent but Cole, poor Cole couldn't take my provocations anymore so he pounced on me before his mom could stop him, he mumbled something, and a blast of energy came through his hand toward my head.

I was shocked. First, I didn't think he had that kind of power, in retrospective I should have been warier and guessed that he was a mage because of the 'true sight' he was talking about, even if I didn't see one in person, Chloe had spoken to me about them. Second, I didn't think he would attack me in the middle of the city like this. What? nobody gave me "how to not get f*** by supernaturals 101". So I am embarrassed to admit I didn't dodge timely and was sent flying 10 m away vomiting blood.

His mother cursed loudly.

"Cole how many times I told you not to use your powers in a public pass do you want the council to "judge" you!!!"

His father stilled from surprise.

I slowly got to my feet and by their shocked faces, I guess they thought I was dead, in fact, I too thought this time would be my third death but it seems I got more resilient after my second death.

Mel Wade asked surprised by my continued well-being.

"What are you? a regular human would have his head blown up". they could see the wounds on my face and torso healing abnormally fast. After my jaw healed I spoke:

"Oh? you talking about this healing speed, rest assured even didn't know I could do that" joking coldly. It was true though I was always one shot so I didn't know how monstrous my vitality had become.

"It's payback time though." in a flash I appeared in front of Cole before they could blink I had already punched him in the stomach, it was his turn to be sent flying like a broken kite. When he hit the pavement a sickening 'crack' was heard.

His mother screamed shrilly before sending me a much more powerful blast of energy, which I managed to dodge by a hair it went behind me and crushed the pavement. She didn't care if it hit me or not she went to her son and spoke in a mysterious tone, a white glow appeared in her hands and he started healing. A few minutes later she took him to the car. My second uncle said fearfully before leaving

"It's not over."

I watched as their car sped up and disappeared on the road. After that I returned home tired, I crashed into bed and fell asleep thinking there's more enemies that wanted to kill me. I wasn't scared though it was just annoying.

I woke up the next day at 10 AM with the taste of copper in my mouth.

'I was so tired I forgot to take a bath before crashing, I still had the taste of blood in my mouth.'

I went to the bathroom and took a shower.

I was thinking of how to spend my day when I remembered that I was a billionaire now, then I started laughing like a mad man. I consulted my mobile banking app and saw a string of zeroes on my account, with a grin on my face and burning fingers I dressed up and went buy myself a car. I chose a 2 million coupe, then went shopping for new well EVERYTHING in double. That's how crazy I got.

As I was sitting on my rocking chair reading a web novel on my personal computer I got a phone call, it was Chloe. As soon as I picked up she got to business.

"It's time to respect your end of the deal."

"What? no hello, Sam how was your day? or how do you do?" I asked jokingly.

She stayed silent.

"Fine, you're not funny. When?"

"Tomorrow night there's a ball organized by my father for his 5467th birthday and a lot of supernaturals will be there including Luke and his father."

"What? your father still celebrates his birthday at his age."

"Samsara."

"Fine I'll be there"

"Ok dressed up nicely I'll come and pick you up, it's at the Green hotel."

"Green hotel..?" but she already hung up.

'That girl what with her etiquettes she doesn't know how to say "goodbye"?' i thought grumpily.

5