Chapter 7 : Cornwich Woods (Part 2)
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 : Cornwich Woods (Part 2)

A release before the month ends. Enjoy reading!

"Mr. Echo!"   This is weird. I'm calling someone whose name is echo but I could only hear the Echo of my voice. Why did my friend choose that name?

I also tried to find my knights but it seems that they've already disappeared! They can't leave me alone knowing that we're here at one of the most dangerous places in the Empire!
I tried to find the right way but I will end up at the same spot where they left me.

Why did this happen? Seems that the God of novels is making fun of me again. I'm so hungry! What if I try fishing? Nah. That's not a great idea. I sat down in despair.

What should I do? Should I try what my grandparents said? If you got lost in the woods or any rustic area, you should take off your top and wear it inside out to find the way out. But that would bothersome since I wear layers of  clothing, 4 layers to be exact. It should've 6 if I didn't scold Anna earlier.

I looked around. I saw the amazing swarm of butterflies fluttering their wings around me. Do they need something ?

I followed these butterflies until I reached a lake. Finally, I escaped that spot! I ran towards the lake. Looking through the pristine waters of the lake was like peering through perfect glass, I could clearly see Valeria's reflection. I was about to wash my face when a cute kid appeared beside me. She was dressed in a primrose pinafore dress. On her neck, there is this beautiful gold necklace with shining oblongated blue stone as a pendant. I watched her as she dipped her hands in the water.

"Are you lost?" I asked.

Who would go to this dangerous forest with a kid? And in which house does she belong?

"Hmmm. I should be the one asking that!" she replied with a smile on her face

This girl is so adorable! If I know which house does she belong to, I'll play with her.

"Yes. I'm lost. Let's escape this dangerous forest!" then I offered my hand

"Don't worry about me. I know the way out. You're not from this world aren't you?"

My body froze after hearing what she said. How did this kid know my secret?

"I saw the three vertical lines on your wrist. No one can see them besides you and me" she stated

She's right. I have these weird marks on my wrist. It looks like it was swatched with black lipstick. I took a bath but it was still there. I ranted that I want to remove this from my body but the maids, even Valeria's brothers said that there's no such mark on my left wrist. Days later, I learned how to live with it. I don't want to use my brain cells over such trivial thing. It seems that I won't die if this is on my body so I didn't mind having this .

How did she see it? Don't tell me that she's one of the Goddesses/Gods of novels?

"Then tell what is this for"

"Now is not the time for that. Remember, this forest turns into a monster's den at night"

She suddenly ran so I started doing the same thing. I think there are times bad luck comes, today is an example because I tripped. It's not that I'm clumsy, the mossy ground is at fault here, and when I  got up, the child's gone.

In this kind of situation, I have to rely on myself. Crying won't solve my problem. I should've check the map of this forest. I underestimated the fact that I live in an outrageous world. I'm the villainess too. Bad things happen to villainess.

Aha! I know what will I do now! My mom told me about this when she brought me to Peru to study an artifact. First, find the direction where the sun shines. The sun shines in the East so I could use that fact to determine where is the North.

Second, consider the time. In my estimation, I think it's 2 or 3pm now but the sun was still at it's highest. The heat beat down on my head like I was barbecue under the grill. I could almost smell myself cooking. Reminds me of the weather in the Philippines. They said that we only have two seasons but that's completely wrong! In my opinion, we have 4 seasons too! These are hot, hotter, hottest and flooding season. I looked for a place with a shade because I don't plan on burning myself into a crisp.

Third, I'm sure that the sun is directing to the West since it is afternoon now, the sun's rays is at my right side so it is the West, left side is the East, I'm facing South and my back is towards the North..

Great! Now I could find my way out of this mess! I continued to walk towards the North when I saw a man 20 feet away from my location. He's walking towards a big tree.

"Hey!" I shouted! He needs to stay away from that tree!

Rain starts to pour and that's when everything became more serious. I ran towards him because it is the only way to save this man.

2