Chapter 9 : Henry
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 : Henry

Veluven is said to be a "blessed empire". According to its history, the very first emperor named Ydar is a god so Imperial family members will inherit healing and shape shifting abilities. The empire's current emperor is a man named Tyrolin. He has 3 sons and a daughter : Zion, the Crown Prince , next is  Henry, third is Pelird, Lastly, we have Princess Kirsten , the youngest of them all. Emperor Tyrolin had 2 lovers. The current empress who is the mother of Zion and Pelird. There's also Consort Ruby who died when Henry was 7.

Growing up, he didn't like playing or socializing with other children. All he did was to practice wielding swords in an attempt be stronger every single day.

" Bwader, your life is bowing! You only pyacyice how to stab our knights! You don't pway with Yana!"  his sister complained when he decided to play with her on his free time.

Translation : "Brother, your life is boring! You only practice how to stab our knights! You don't play with Yana!"

"Forgive your brother but I'm doing this protect you. I don't care if I won't be the emperor however, Brother Henry wants to inherit Nethersbane"

"Nedosbean? What is that Bwader?"

Translation : Nethersbane? What is that Brother?

Nethersbane. The most magical artifact in the whole continent. It is also known as "The Holy Sword". It could kill anyone with just one slash. Ydar, being afraid that someone with ill intentions might possess this powerful thing, casted a spell on it. No one could weild it except if the sword itself will recognize them as its rightful master.

" Swo, bwader wants to wab a vewey powerpyul swoyd? Yeyyy! Bwader Henry will kill mwonsters and bad guys! Bwader Henry is swo cool!"

Translation : So brother, wants to have a very powerful sword? Yey! Brother Henry will kill monsters and bad guys! Brother Henry is so cool!

Yana bounced in her high chair like she was dancing to music only she could hear. Her head and arms went up and down while her face was a picture of celebration.  Henry is quietly smiling to his sister's behavior.

Year 6000 , 4th day of Spring in Veluven's calendar. Everyone were busy preparing for the Empire's foundation day. Zion and Henry were 12 during this time. Zion, being a mischievous prince since childhood, escaped his classes. He rode his black pony and wandered around the Withall Castle where Ydar's isolated temple is located.

The mentors specifically told him to step away from it if he will not pray. He should observe silence inside the temple. He must refrain from touching Ydar's golden statue.
Guess what?  The prince bit the edge of a smile when he got a funny idea in his imaginative head. The intention behind his perking lips wasn’t something that could easily be ensured. It was rather better to be insured because he
rubbed the statue with his slippery hands.

Seconds later, the golden statue came to life which made the little prince quiver in fear.

"Who are you?!"  The disturbed God asked. His deep booming voice reverberated around the empty temple.

Zion's brain had shut down. His watery eyes enlarged. A gaggle of goose pimples laminated his frigid skin. He wanted to shout for help but his  mouth lacked any moisture and a croak was all that issued from his gape. Thankfully, the temple creaked open and it revealed Henry.

Henry walked towards the altar. He kneeled and bowed in front of his ancestor and instructed his brother to do the same.

"Greetings, The Greatest Emperor Ydar, I'm Henry Rosenkrantz, son of Tyrolin. I'm apologizing for what my brother had done. He is still young, so he makes reckless decisions. I'm assuring you that this will not happen again. Right?"   He nudged his brother using his elbow.

"Y-Yes, Greatest Emperor Ydar. I beg for your forgiveness my Highness" Zion pleaded

"I will let this slide, however, I guarantee that there's no second time"

Zion's was so delighted hearing those words. He just escaped death!

"Henry, you're the child who is always praying here asking to weild the Nethersbane. Convince me why should I let you inherit my precious sword"

"I didn't know if this reason is enough but I just want to protect the people of our empire. I don't want any child to lose their parents.  If I could weild the holy sword, I can protect the ones that I love too"

That was the history of how did Henry inherited Nethersbane. Now let's make a fast forward to Valeria ( Eschia)  and Henry's first meeting.

Everyday, Henry goes to Cornwich Woods because he knows there are stories about people who got lost in the forest and ended up as Ecs meal. He knows every nook and cranny of that maze like forest so he doesn't worry about wandering the woods. However, this day was different. Instead of saving someone, he was the one who was rescued and to make everything interesting, a woman saved her.

"Sir, Don't you know that tree is dangerous!  All parts are highly poisonous! When you stand near it when it is raining, you'll have burn-like blisters. And if you are lucky, when the sap gets  into your eyes, you'll experience temporary blindness. You even thought of sheltering under that tree don't ever  go near it again, Please!"

The mysterious woman pleaded while she is dragging him away. Henry didn't understand himself. If it was another person, he already beheaded her for sure.

"Is it because she saved me? Ha, what a pity. I thought I already knew Cornwich woods but I guess I'm wrong" he said to himself.

When the woman faced him, Henry remained silent-- he did not know what to say. He was peculiarly conscious of the dazzling woman standing infront of him. He averted her gaze because he saw the fear in her purple eyes.

*"Why does she look so scared all of the sudden? Is it because he realized who I am?"*

These are the questions that are bugging him. He is used to see people's petrified reaction during wars or execution, however, he couldn't understand why does he feel upset.

" Thanks but, you'll get sick if we we will not move. Follow me. I know the way out"  is what he said. On the other hand, he is wondering if  it is enough to make the lady trust him. When he checked if she is walking behind him, he was surprised to see the lady is still standing at the same spot where he left her.

"Do you want Ecs to eat you up?"  He asked. He uses this technique if children didn't want to go with him and he's glad it worked for this woman too. This time, he held her hand tightly.

"Your Highness, I told you..."  he just glared at George and escorted the lady inside his carriage. He doesn't care about the pile of paperwork that is waiting for him. He just wants the lady to dry herself since they got drenched in the rain.

"George, what happened to the second Prince? Why is he always looking at his hands? Is there something wrong?" the emperor asked the secretary. He noticed his son's peculiar behavior during dinner.

"Don't worry You're Highness. The second Prince just held hands with a gorgeous maiden today!" George reported with enthusiasm

Everyone dropped their silverware because of shock. It was followed by the Emperor's defeaning laugh.

"Who is the lucky girl?" The Crown prince asked with a hint of mockery.

"It's none of your business"  Henry replied

"Hey, don't be so stubborn! So, how does she look?"  the curious Prince tried to engage his brother in a fascinating conversation.

"She looks like a cat"  the second Prince unwittingly answered

When Henry realized that he accidentally blurted out a detail to his annoying brother, he stood up and made an excuse to escape the embrassing situation which made the other members of the Imperial family disappointed because they want to hear the whole story.

A week had passed since the fated meeting. Henry made a background check on Valeria. He learned that she loves his brother dearly which made him irritated. He also asked Echo to confirm if the manchineel  is a killer tree. He wants to invite her in the palace to change her mind about loving his brother but he doesn't have confidence to do it plus he is also scared that Falsen brothers might throw a wobbler again especially Gael. When they learned that he gifted their sister a dress, they went nuts. If it weren't for Zion's skill of fixing relations, Gael is now a dead meat.

He shook his head. He is now in the middle of a private meeting between his brothers and the Emperor. He thought that he must set aside work and personal problems.

"This morning, Marquess Falsen and Marquess Montagu approached me. According to them,  Lady Valeria cured Marchioness Azalea, Marchioness Peony and Lady Cassiopeia's sickness. I want to know your opinion because it could also be a salvation for your Mother's recurring sickness "

When the Emperor mentioned her name, he was all ears because the story seems outrageous.

"No way! I've been friends with Valeria and I assure you, she's not interested in medicine!"  Pelird stated

"Me too, but when I visited Cassiopeia this morning. I saw her complexion became better. She became more beautiful in my eyes. She even claimed that  Valeria was even better than the Imperial doctors! Marchioness Peony has the same opinion too!"

"And how did Lady Valeria Falsen cured their sickness?"  Henry asked

"This is the most important part. Cass told me that we must invite Val in the palace Your Highness  because she may be the answer in the current outbreak that women and children are experiencing"

Henry smirked. He thought  his boring life won't be the same anymore.

Who really are you, Valeria Falsen?

1