Chapter 10: When She Wailed
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Chapter 10: When She Wailed

 

Behind the walls of the magnificent Coile Castle, a princess has been begging for sunshine. She's been cooped up with these books and dolls that won't talk to her even if she wanted to. Ever since the outbreak among the children and women began, his brothers and father forbid her from stepping outside the palace's premises without their permission.

 

"What if I turned my self into a hamster or ant so I could sneak out from the castle?" she mumbled while scribbling something on a paper

 

Seconds later, she disregarded the thought of escaping. Princess Yana is certain that her overprotective brothers modified the castle's barrier spell. The barrier would just sense her mana.

 

 

"Your Highness, starting today, you'll be staying at Blaise Castle as per the Emperor's order" her maid reported

 

She didn't ask for additional details. She just went straight to the palace by carriage sent by his father. However, she knows that there must be a reason why his father will demand her to stay at his castle.

"Greetings to Your Royal Highness, Princess of Veluven" His Highness is waiting for you" the Butler bowed and greeted the moment she set her foot inside the castle. The knights escorted her until they reached his father's office.

When they opened the door, she immediately greeted her father. She pulled her dress to the side and bowed her head while saying "Good Morning Father"

"My daughter, I want you to meet Lady Valeria Falsen and Doctor Jiri Wessex they will be attending to you and the Empress's health from now on"

 

Yana heard of Dr. Wessex. Who wouldn't? A young doctor who deemed as "prodigy" at such a young age. She would always hear her servants fantasizing the dreamy physician. They even said that if the Imperial Princes are impossible to obtain, they still have Dr. Wessex. She glanced at him. His deep set eyes were as green as the grass in the fields. His lips were pale and thin. Having a prominent jawline and a Herculean body where the buttons of shirt would pop open anytime, she could understand why her maids were drooling when he is around. But what caught her attention is the lady next to him. Valeria Falsen. These past few days, his family members would always mention her name. She really waited for this day to come.

 

Finally I can meet another sister in law! I hope she is also kind like Sister Cassiopeia. I will ask her about their lovestory since Brother didn't say any single thing to me

 

The only princess of Veluven is a fan of romantic novels. There is a dedicated bookshelf in her room where it is filled with those kinds of books. As a result of her hobby, her view about love is mainly based on what she has read from the novels.

The two gave her a formal greeting. Then the king asked everyone to leave except her and the physician which will make a diagnosis about her current health condition. The young princess became conscious when the physician started to check her pulse.

 

Meanwhile, Eschia was cornered by 4 people. They wanted to hear something from her.

"Seriously, what do you want?" Eschia grunted irritably

"Tell me about that prince that looks like me! Is it really true?" Zion pleaded

Tsk. I thought mentioning Trey will solve my problem about Zion but it turns out I am wrong. I do understand Zion, Pelird and Cassiopeia being interested about Valeria's love life since they are her friends but why is Henry also here?!

Eschia sighed. It seems that she doesn't have any choice. She ordered the princes to choose a place where they could talk freely. She also requested to prepare some food because she suddenly felt hungry.

 

"Now, tell me who is Prince Trey" Pelird commanded

 

Eschia sighed. After a year, this will be the first time that she will talk about Trey again.

 

"Trey is a prince from a faraway kingdom, it so far that it would take months for you to reach it. We first met at a bakeshop when we both argued who will buy the last slice of their strawberry cheese cake" 

 

"Tsk, what a gentleman!" Zion sarcastically jested

 

Cassiopeia slapped her fiancée's mouth which made the Crown Prince grumbled in pain.

"Please continue the story Val" Pelird said

"Years later, we became a couple. We even planned for our future but then..... " 

There's a long moment of silence among them. No one dared to speak. They patiently waited for her to continue her story.

 

"He died....... in..."

She wasn't able to finish her story because tears flowed unchecked down her cheeks and dripped from her chin. She knows that it is a year already but it seems the tragedy had passed in a matter of seconds.

 

Henry who can't bear seeing the Lady cry, started to cover Valeria in the cape that he is wearing. If you are going to look at them, Henry is like an eagle spreading his wings to protect its young from the sun's heat.Everyone was stunned with what they have witnessed. Pelird starts to wonder if the man in front of him is still their brother. On the other hand, Zion is proud of his brother. He realized that Henry has a talent in wooing girls too.

 

"Leave"

 

"Huh?"  Cassiopeia muttered because of confusion

 

"Everyone leave" Henry repeated

Cassiopeia hesitated at first because she doesn't trust Henry when it comes to her best friend but Zion and Pelird convinced her that it's best if they will leave them alone. Cassiopeia rejected the idea but the Empress called her so even if it is against her will, she left the two alone.

 

Eschia also felt the same thing. She is so dumbfounded that her brain took time to find the words which will be safe to say in her situation.

"Uhm. Your Highness. It is alright. I'm fine, you don't need to do this"

 

"Don't you think I will believe your excuse? Don't be like me. It's okay to cry. You still miss him right?"

 

The second Prince is right. She misses Trey until now.The lingering feelings is still existent even if she transmigrated in this world. For the first time in forever, she cried out in pain. When Callista or her family members will ask if she's alright, she will tell them that she is alright. She thought that if she won't cry, and will make herself busy, then she will move on faster but she realized that she's wrong. Eschia ranted and wailed out like a baby in front of Henry. The prince is just listening to her while patting her back.

 

1