Chapter 11 : The Deal
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: The Deal 

After having an emotional outburst in front of the man that I tried hard to avoid, I apologized because of my childish behavior. 

"You don't have to ask forgiveness for not being alright, we all experience being hopeless" the prince replied after sipping his cup of tea

A sorrowful thought crossed my mind. Consort Ruby died because of an assassination from the Oxons, a rebellion group comprised of  nobles from fallen kingdoms that the Empire siezed. What's worst is Henry saw how his Mother died in front of those merciless people.  

Does he also cry when he is alone?

"Why do you look so sad again? Eat this" I was about to say no when a spoonful of chocolate pudding is already in my mouth. I closed my eyes as the silky and luscious dessert melts. Ah, food really uplifts my awful mood!

"Here, eat more you look so skinny" 

When I felt like he was planning to shove another serving, I placed my right hand to shield my mouth and confronted him that I felt like an animal or a baby because he is feeding me. Let's analyze his answer : 

"I'm doing it because you look like a satisfied kitten while enjoying your pudding" 

"Thanks for the compliment your Highness" is all I could say. 

The audacity of this man! Never mind. On the other hand, why is he being nice again? I should be the one acting that way because I am planning on discussing a business proposal with him. Wait a minute, what if I use this opportunity? 

"Your Highness could you please hear me out?"  

"Go ahead"  he put the spoon on the  ceramic dessert plate where the pudding is placed. When he holds his teacup again, I stood up and poured him another cup of freshly brewed earl grey tea.

"As you know, among the 3 districts of Veluven, Ursla is the district which has the highest poverty rate. But starting today, people under your jurisdiction will be able to have new source of income" 

"And how will you do that?" He asked while I grabbed a piece of croissant on the table 

"I already did the first step. I proved that the cause of what it seems an "outbreak" among women and children were the cosmetic products and toys that has high contents of  lead and mercury in it. The Ministry of Health agreed too, so the Emperor banned the usage, selling or distribution of these products. But the great question is, what will women use to beautify themselves without risking their lives?"  then I took a bite on the croissant that I am holding 

"The answer is simple Lady Falsen. Women don't need to put makeup. They are already beautiful without one" 

I heaved a heavy sigh. I guess men will always be men. 

"Please your Highness, I want you to consider my proposal"  

I finished off the other half of croissant in just one bite. It is so unladylike yes, but this man in front of me is so difficult to handle.

My parents, Cassiopeia, and the other noble ladies had high hopes that I will launch a new and safer makeup line ever since my plan circulated among them. Prominent houses started to preorder products from me after hearing Marquess Falsen's story. 

I clenched my fist. I will make him agree to this no matter what happens!

"I will agree to the business proposal on one condition. Answer my question" 

"Sure! What is it your Highness?" I enthusiastically said.

"Who are you?"  I scratched my head because of confusion. Is this a kind of a joke? Why would he ask a stupid question? 

"Your Highness, I am Valeria Falsen, daughter of..." 

"No, what I meant was who really are you?" 

His glare sucked something out of me. It seems like he is scanning my soul. I'm like a wilting flower right now.

 How did he know that I'm not the real Valeria? Is my acting skill so horrible? No, it's not. Valeria's family didn't have any suspicions, they even praised me. This man is the only exception. Should I deny or should I just confess to him? 

If I will say "What are you talking about Your Highness?!" it might make him angry. In addition, I have to close this deal. Arg! Why am I always in a disadvantageous situation?! 

Why is the God of Novels always harsh with the villainess even if she is trying her best to be a good person?

"Promise me Your Highness, after hearing my story, you won't think that I am crazy"  I pleaded him

"Of course" he smirked. 

Did Henry smiled to women other than the Empress, Cassiopeia and Princess Yana? No. Did Henry and Valeria had this kind of conversation in the novel's original 

story? Definitely No! Is this my consequence for changing the novel's plot? Maybe yes.

I told her that my name is Eschia and how did I came to his world. However, there is one thing that I should keep a secret-- and that is they are characters from my best friend's novel. It's much better if he will think that I am from the other world

"I see, Your story explains why your ideas are innovative, Chichi. I will read your business plan. George will fetch you tomorrow"

"You're Highness, why are you calling me Chichi?" I tried to fake a smile but honestly, I want to whack him for calling me with an outrageous nickname. 

"What's wrong with the nickname Chichi?"  he innocently asked

When I was in highschool, one of my classmates called me the same nickname. He never dared do it again because of the excruciating pain that he felt when I kicked his balls for the first time. Hah, How I wish I could do that again!

"I just find it a bit childish Your Highness" I uttered

"Nah, I don't think so"  

I guess I will just ignore him for the following days. 

"You're Highness, I have to go now. Please, the things that I've said today, keep it a secret between the two of us"  I requested

"Rest assured that your secret is safe with me, Chichi" 

Before I suffer from a sudden increase of blood pressure, I have to leave this castle now!

1