Chapter 12 : Ursla (Part 1)
45 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Chapter 12: Ursla**
On Emperor Tyrolin's 36th Birthday, he decided that he needs to train his sons when it comes to ruling a district so he asked them to draw lots in front of him. There were 3 balls which contained 3 coins made out gold, silver and bronze.

Pelird got the silver coin which symbolizes Ocenia District, where people are dependent on seas and lakes for living. Zion, the protagonist of the novel picked up the gold coin meaning Hargus will be under his care, the wealthiest district in the whole empire. However, things turned out worse for the second Prince. Everyone gasped when they saw a bronze coin in Henry's possession.

Based in Veluven's mythology, there was once a goddess who loved Ydar so much. Her name is Astranesia. Sadly, it was just a one sided love because Ydar admired her younger sister. The enraged goddess made a fuss on their wedding day.

To settle things out, Ydar gifted Astranesia a piece of land and promised that he will visit her during winter and summer. This is the explanation why these seasons in Ursla were longer than any districts in the empire.

As a result of extreme weather conditions, Ursla became a barren land. Each step sunk into the searing sand, the air was thick and hazy, hence getting its nickname as the “cursed district ". There's high rate of poverty and crimes are everywhere too.

Knowing this fact made the past princes avoid managing it. Little did the King know that the results were rigged since his mischievous son put marks to the balls.

Henry knew this fact but he remained silent all this time. Out of compassion, Pelird offered his brother to share Oceania with him. Guess what, he refused it!

Why?!

“Ah! What a weird dream!" I exclaimed after I yawned.

"What did you dream about?" a familiar voice muttered

"You" I answered out of a whim. I'm still half asleep as of this moment. Come to think of it, he sounds like....

When I recognized the owner of the mysterious voice, it made me jump out of my skin. Why am I sleeping on Henry's shoulder?! What is Anna doing? Why did she allow this embarrassing thing to happen?

I want to melt like an ice cream now. Somebody save me please!

"Forgive me Your Highness" I uttered

"Why are you apologizing Chichi?"

It's because I slept on your shoulders duh?! I hope I didn't drool or said something weird while I was sleeping.

Fortunately, he just smiled sweetly and said that it's not a bother because he won't let his businesses partner hit her head on something while sleeping on a moving carriage. I swear, won't sleep inside a coach again! I already learned my lesson!

An hour had passed and finally, we reached our destination. Henry took me to his favorite place in Ursla. He said that even though it is new, it held a reputation as the best boulangerie in Veluven based from the emperor.

If it is really famous, then nobles also buy from this shop. Why didn't I hear of this?!

The moment I entered the bakery, I started to hum when I smelled the aroma of freshly baked breads. Followed by hopping like a bunny when I saw the glass shelves where I could see the amazing variation of products that they offer. There were cakes and cobs, buns and bagels, flat breads and cupcakes ... so much!

The interior design of the place gives off a rustic vibe and it's so clean! I could see my reflection on the floor! Not bad for a business establishment situated in a poor district.

"I wonder what bread will be perfect for clam chowder." The second prince is holding his chin while pondering about the best bread in the bakery’s display cabinets.

"Je voudrais du pain de campagne!" I suggested in a lively manner.

"So you really know how to speak the Irian language huh?"

"You're Highness. The sign of this establishments says "Deuxieme Rue Boulangerie" it is in Irian so I thought I should order in Irian not in Etrili language" I explained

It became a habit of mine that whenever I visit boulangeries or pattiseries in Paris, I always order in French. I forgot the fact that it is deemed as "men's language" in this world.

"You have a point there" he smirked

I noticed that during the past few days, he would always express tenderness at me but not with the others, even at Cassiopeia. Don't tell me...

No Eschia, cut it out! It is impossible! It will be troublesome for you. Remember, you just have to survive in this world. That is your goal! And who do you think you are to make a Prince love you?! Snap out of your fantasy!

"Hahaha, Why are you shaking your head?"

I could feel my heart beat...every single pound in my chest. It beats so strong I think my chest will burst. Is this the aftereffect of thinking that he is in love with me? Or I just find him cute when he laughs?

Good thing that the staffs greeted him. I used the opportunity to look away and pretended to read what's written on the menu board.

He then proceeded with ordering baguette and pain de champagne. I was glad that he considered my suggestion because if not, I will be kind of pissed. It's like you asked a waiter which dish is nice among the menu but then you will ignore his recommendation. Seriously guys, why will you do that?

"We'll also get these coconut macaroons, tartelette aux fraises des bois, millefeuille caramélisé and eclair au chocolat"

My eyes glistened throughout his whole ordering process. He got the desserts that I like! I guess the second Prince is hungry too.

"Can I get a piece of the eclair?" then the staff handed him the bread

"Valeria" I turned around and the next thing that I knew is the éclair is already in my mouth. I admit I kind of used to live as Valeria that's why when someone is calling her name, I look around whom it might be. Unlike before that they have to approach me before I give them my attention.

However, Does Henry have this habit of shoving food to other people? I can't remember this trait of him from the novel!

"You're Highness! People are gathering outside the bakery" George reported when he entered through the backdoor.

"Is it a mass demonstration?" he asked

"No, You're Highness. They just want to see Ms. Falsen" George replied and gazed at me

I almost got choked when George mentioned my name.

What?! What do the people of Ursla want from me?!

Hi! I hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter! I will use this section to explain the complicated French words that were mentioned in this chapter:
+ Boulangerie - It is a French Bakery
+ Pattiserie - Pastry Shop
+ Je voudrais du pain de campagne! - I would like some country loaf/bread
+ Tartelette aux fraises des bois - Wild strawberry tart or simply strawberry tart
+ Millefeuille caramélisé - It is a French pastry consists of layers of puff pastry and cream filling
+ Eclair au chocolat - Chocolate Éclair

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to leave a comment. And if you truly liked this chapter, don't forget to vote too!

1