Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 4
1.3k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mc Pov Change

 

When mum stood in front of me, my heartbeat started to beat rapidly because I'm afraid of how she would react by this but when I'm pretended to sleep and took a peek at her I saw that she was smiling proudly like as though she had found something good. I was baffled by this I didn't know what she has truly found out but it looks like she's happy about something, at least she didn't find anything suspicious. 

 

She was standing there for a couple of minutes until she had decided to go somewhere I didn't know and a few seconds later she came back with some sort like a golden colour bracelet but it's a bit thin. I was wondering what she was going to do about that until she had decided to grab my hand and the next thing I knew is that the bracelet had just a nice fit in my wrist.

 

I was shocked and amazed by this and I could only think about one thing that this bracelet is related to which is magical equipment. Although it's a bit different from what I know in games it's the only explanation that I could come up with. 

 

I thought that she is just going to let me get back to sleep but instead, she picked me up and let me sleep beside her on the bed while she was holding me within her chest, I was in the centre while Katie is on my left and mum on my right and oh boy those were some huge mountains that once you enter you will never come back. I admit it's sinful to have these feelings b-but no men could ever resist the urge. Instead of having a good sleep in this comfy bed, I had to suffer because of these thoughts and after-hours fighting I finally managed to win and sleep and have a good rest.  

 

*Birds chirping* 

 

Again because of the birds chirping I heard, I had woke up just to only find that I'm the only one awake, usually mum would wake up first after me but now after waiting for a couple of minutes she has not woke up. Probably it might be related to her work yesterday but according to what I have known in games usually don't they have some sort like replenish energy pills or something like that or am I just wrong? I thought that with all of these the people in this world would be able to continue work or use skills or is it just that rare. 

 

Well, it's not like I care since I have the system shop and even if anything happens to mum I can just buy something in the shop to help her with but.....w-wait a minute!! Now that I think about did I not search through the shop system and found something about enhancement pills!? How could I ever forget about that!?      

 

When I found out about that fact I quickly search through the system and filter out all of the stuff to find all about the pills and here is what I got.

 

 

Pills Description Price
Low-Grade D Hp enhancement pill  A grade D of low purity that can increase Hp by 1. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Hp   500EP
Low-Grade D Mp enhancement pill  A grade D of low purity that can increase Mp by 1. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Mp   500EP
Low-Grade D Sp enhancement pill  A grade D of low purity that can increase Sp by 1. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Sp   500EP
Med-Grade D Hp enhancement pill  A grade D of med purity that can increase Hp by 2. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Hp   1000EP
Med-Grade D Mp enhancement pill A grade D of med purity that can increase Mp by 2. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Mp  1000EP
Med-Grade D Sp enhancement pill A grade D of med purity that can increase Sp by 2. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Sp  1000EP 
High-Grade D Hp enhancement pill A grade D of high purity that can increase Hp by 3. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Hp  2000EP
High-Grade D Mp enhancement pill A grade D of high purity that can increase Mp by 3. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Mp  2000EP
High-Grade D Sp enhancement pill A grade D of high purity that can increase Sp by r. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Sp  2000EP

 

I feel like I have just wasted my time meditating just to find out that I can use pills to increase my Mp. Now I feel a bit angry with myself about how stupid I am but even so, all of this is just too expensive for me to buy. Currently, I only have 23560EP and that is not even enough to buy all of them even if I only just focus on all of the Mp pills I could only afford two of them while the other is too expensive.  

'System, should I buy these pills now or save it for someday?'

 

I need a bit of advice on whether I should buy it for them now or next time because I, to be honest, don't feel like I should need them now but because of my selfishness and greed, I wanted all of it. However, I also need to preserve my Ep so the only person, well logically not a person but it's it, I could ask is the system.

 

*Ding* *Ding*

 

 

*System would recommend Host to buy all 10 of low-grade Mp enhancement pill as it would only cause 5000EP and Host still have some missions to complete which would reward EP*

 

 

Well, I think it's good advice to use, for now, at least I could increase my Mp well at the same time save my EP if my balance was 0 my heart would be broken. 

 

'Thank you for the advice but can you can explain to me these pill grades?'

 

I'm curious about what these 'low', 'med', and high' term means and I'm a bit clueless on this part as I don't what it represents, I do know to a certain extent about the grades but other than that I have no idea.

 

 

*No problem Host, pill grades are used to determine the difficulty of how hard it is to concoct and how potent and rare it is and these are broken down into 5 grades which are S, A, B, C, D. In case Host do not know, grade S is the highest while D is the lowest so the highest it is the more potent it will be but other than grades there are three levels we classed them into that it's called purities*

 

 

 

 

 It has low purities, med purities, and high purities, there's a reason why it was made this way as if the pill has a high purities its effectiveness would be high as well and that's why even though when Host saw the pills with the same grade but different levels of purities, it provides a different amount of Hp, Mp, and Sp and because of that the price is high*

 

 

I think I'm getting a bit dizzy hearing all of this confirmation at this rate it will only flow through my ear and not really stuck inside my head but at least I think I get the gist of it. So basically the higher it is the more I will be enhanced and the price also would be that high, alright now that is much simpler to take in.             

 

"Mmm"            

 

I heard some groan coming from mum and when I looked at her she has signs of waking up and she even tightens her arms around not willing to let go her grasp around me, luckily she didn't do it tightly or else I wouldn't be able to breathe. Seconds later, she opened her eyes at looked at me and I can't help but stare it back.

 

Her magnificent blue colour eye is like the ocean, calm like the waves but aggressive like the sea storm. It has like a mysterious feeling inside it the more I stare at it and it feels like I am staring inside the abyss, and it reminded me about a certain quote I've heard back in Earth, "when you stare into the abyss long enough the abyss stares back at you". I don't really mean that way but I can't help but think of it that way when I gazed at her eyes.

 

The next thing I knew is that she clung on me while yawning and there were even tears forming on her eyes and after a while, she gave me a smile while greeted me a good morning.  

 

 It looks the morning is about to begin. 

 

Right away after waking up, we took a morning bath and I can't help but stare at mum wonderful body figure and peachy curve waist, by this point my sheer willpower is starting to waver because her figure is perfect plus her huge breast that always shakes non-stop makes me want to just have a bite of it and taste it but it would only be a dream for it to be done.  

 

After that, I just ate my wonderful breakfast and honestly, I had the urge to be so rough that I eagerly suck her nipples more forcefully while enjoying the taste of her thick milk which I might have overdone because weirdly she shrieked in pain but however it doesn't sound like she was in pain but more like she's in ecstasy. Soon, Katie and mum began to play with me until it's right in the afternoon.

 

I guess mum went out for her work and for Katie, I have no idea where she is but since none of them was in my room, I can finally start meditating again. 

 

I managed to meditate again for about another 3 hours later which I had stopped by the time she had returned and now, it's already dark and both mum and Katie are already asleep and this time instead of me in the crib, mum had carried me to let me sleep with her on the bed like yesterday. It's not like I'm complaining as I can enjoy this comfy bed. 

 

Finally, now I can buy those pills as I didn't get any chance to buy because I was too busy focusing on meditating but now I can. Using my thoughts, I selected the low-grade Mp pill and when I selected it, it shows me a screen. 

 

 Low-grade D Mp enhancement pill
‹0/99›
Buy

 

When I saw the number of pills I can buy, I thought of gathering lots of EP one day but then I remembered that only a single person can intake a maximum of 10 pills. What a boomer. I pressed the right arrow that increases the amount and I stopped when it reaches 10, after confirming the amount I press buy. 

 

*Host has bought 10 pills of low-grade D Mp enhancement pill, it has been sent to the inventory, balance remaining is 18560*

 

 

Great looks like now I have successfully bought them but how am I going to use them? Let's not try to ask the system this time and figure out on my own. Alright, since the system is under my command then perhaps should I order it to use? Let's try it.

 

'System use all ten pills of Mp enhancement' 

 

 

*System has successfully used all ten pills Host has successfully increase Mp by ten*

 

 

Somehow the process I feel is a little bit weird and bizarre as I feel there are like invisible walls inside of me breaking down and now I feel a sudden fluctuation of energy flowing around my body. It feels like when I used the pills I have surpassed my limit and now I have more energy than before. Is that the mana? Although it's unearthly as it's a new experience, for sure my Mp has been increased though I'm not sure whether that is a large margin or a small one, an increase is still an increase it's just that I hope I would be able to cast more rounds of Spark.  

 

Since I've completed my objective, I think I should go to sleep now and just try to continue more tomorrow as I just want to take a break. 

 

The next day in the afternoon

 

Looks like mum has already left the house while Katie is not in the room, I'm still wondering what does mum work as? I know it's not that important but I just can't help be curious as whenever mum carried me I had a glimpse of the house. I was surprised when I had a glimpse as this house is too big for three people to live in and I didn't realize that the fact that this house is a 2 story house but that's not all.

 

Every furniture or any object that I had seen it's not something an ordinary person could afford because they seemed too luxurious and it has high-quality judging by the way it was manufactured and one example to prove this is the bed that mum and sis slept on. So I think mum might be a rich individual and I failed to realize it. 

 

Perhaps at that point, I was too concerned about all of the reincarnation and the system that I didn't manage to catch on it and because of that I'm curious but come to think of it, what kind of job does this world offer? Since there are all kinds of races and monsters is there such thing as a monster hunter, demon slayer, or anything like that? *Sigh* I still don't know what kind of goal or dreams I want to have perhaps should I aim to be the strongest? It's kind of intriguing and pretty simple but I don't think it's an easy path.

 

It is kind of stressing me out but I still have that goal of mine which is to have lots of Mp but aside from all of this, there is one thing that I'm worried or have been questioning, where is that person who should have been my father?

 

It has been days and not even once have I seen his face or heard anything about him and mum doesn't even look  that worried or like she doesn't care at all, shouldn't  a wife be worried about their husband or at least say something like 'I miss you dear' or 'when will you be coming back home?' Even though she has a phone but I rarely see her using it to call or message the only thing she used it for is to take some pictures of us. 

 

At this point, I'm starting to come up with some answers that could only explain this situation which is one, he had cheated on her and now they are divorced, two, things don't go out the way they want it to be and now they are in their separate ways, three which is I don't think I want it to happen is that he's dead. The third one is likely to be out as there weren't any pictures around the house of the person that I should supposedly call my dad. 

Normally there should be some pictures of your dead ones in the house to in a way remind you that they are alive in our heart and mind but in this case, there are none at all, there are only pictures of Katie when she's young with mum on the walls and there's no sign of that person so I think there's something that has happened between them I think I should ask mum about this in the future.

 

Since I'm free now I think it's time to continue on completing the missions.

 

'Spark' 

 

 

Like previously a lighting sparkling ball the size of a golfball appears above me, even though I have seen it once I can't help but feel amazed and stunned by the composition of it. It has interior and exterior parts which both are in the same blue colour but different tones where one is lighter and the other is darker which makes me awestruck. Inside the exterior, there's the smaller shape of a ball which is the interior but the interior ball looks like it's a mini massive concentration of lightning but luckily even though I'm near it I am not affected by it but it still looks too deadly to me. I don't know how much damage it will cause but I don't think anyone should underestimate this cute little spark. 

 

I wanted to try testing it out its damages and effects but there wasn't anything I could try and it's not like I'm ready to use against other people or monsters, I'm still not ready for that. Should I try on the room furniture? No way!! That would cause some unnecessary troubles and would mum would arose in suspicion and I wouldn't want to ruin this room.

 

For now, I should just try to continue on casting, unlike the previous time I don't feel any tiredness even after using it once and I'm able to gauge that I could use maybe another 8 rounds because of that feeling when I used to spark. Somehow I am able to feel or sense how much Mp I have whenever I used a skill, it's like there's a jar of water inside me and every time I used skill the water would be decreased which in this case I'm able to use for maybe another 8 times however it is not accurate but I'm able to gauge how much I have. 

 

After a couple of seconds, the spark disappears like the previous time the way it disappears is interesting as it breaks down into something like white particles before disappearing. I guessing that since it was made by my Mp then naturally it had turned back into what the system called mana essence. 

 

'Spark'

 

I cast another one and again I cast another.

'Spark'

'Spark'

'Spark'

'Spark'

'Spark'

'Spark'

'Spark'

 

It looks fascinating to have all these 9 sparks above me as I cast and designated all of them to be in circle shape and a few seconds later one by one had disappeared into particles of mana and even that looks wonderful but aside from that, I have been waiting for something to happen. 

 

*Ding* *Ding*

 

 

*Host has completed a mission Host has received 100EP, EP balance is 18660*

 

 

 

 

About time, I receive this and now the only mission that I left based on the spark skill is to completely use them a hundred times which I think I need 1 month. I think it's bad to carry on using it for today, after producing 9 sparks I feel drained even though i feel like it's not my limit but I am starting to feel tired and dizzy. I just want to be safe and not face any setbacks. 

 

I think I can use this chance to efficiently meditate and it's possible that I can complete yet another mission by today and at the same time increasing my Mp, it's like killing two birds with one stone!!

 

'Mana Enhancement'

 

Sure enough, the cosy feeling started to wrap around me I could get addicted to this feeling. Hours went by and now the fatigue that I have previously has been revolved. It's kind of amazing to have this skill I wonder if other people have the same skill or similar skill to what I have? I bet some would be jealous. Another hour had gone by and finally, I have gotten what I wanted. 

 

 

*Host has completed a mission Host has received 500EP, EP balance is 19160*

 

 

Finally!! My hard work had paid off and now I only left with all the hard ones, it might take time but I believe I can complete it.

 

*Door Sound* 

 

Oh? It looks like mum has returned I think I can take a rest after doing all of these. 

 

Night soon fall and like the usual, I'm still in the centre of the bed but this time it's not mum who usually would always find the opportunity to cuddle with me, the one who held me is Katie. I'm a little bit surprised but it didn't bother me at all but she's much more clingy than mum though, it's like whenever I tried to move she would tighten her hands around me not in a forceful manner but in a gentle way and for some reason, I feel comfortable this way being hug near her chest as it's like I'm being protected.

I don't know how or why I feel this way but maybe because I felt a brotherly love from her? Is this what it feels like having an older sibling where I feel like I have someone to depend on?

 

I don't know maybe I felt so lonely ever since mum and dad had passed on and especially when I have been locked in that place for so many years wondering with no destination and just needed to be love? I know mum loves me but I think Katie has a special place in my heart because she's my sister and even though it has been only a few days but that few days prove to me that both of them are non-irreplaceable and now I slowly starting to blend into this family. 

 

Even though I don't know who created this system but I will use it to the fullest to my advantage and use it to protect them. I don't ever want to lose my family and experienced that torturous feeling again. I think I had found my goal and purpose now and I didn't expect it to be that simple and what I have thought of. Since this world is similar to a game then those monsters and demons might not be so friendly, although I'm not sure how dangerous they are, one thing for sure is that I need to be strong so strong that I can pulverize any enemy in one second. 

 

In order to that the I need to quickly upgrade my lightning element as soon as possible, having strong skills would let me easily defeat any enemies I face. Even though I said I'm not ready yet but if I had to kill them to protect mum and sis I would gladly do it. I didn't know that my mindset had changed slowly but this is a good sign, I wouldn't want to hesitate to kill enemies that will harm mum and Katie. Is there any way I could avoid that? Does the system provide that kind of skill? Let's try to check it out. 

 

Going through the system shop I filtered the skills to find the skills that I want but seconds later I couldn't find it. If I could I would have slap myself as I filtered them out in active skills not in passive. The skills that I want are not an active skill but more in passive skills as they are in permanent effects or something that amplifies your power and true enough I managed to find some. 

 

Skills Description Price
Will of Steel  Remove the lack of willingness to do something that you would not want to do.  11200EP
Determination of the brave one Have the bravery and courage to face a large number of enemies.  11200EP
Mind Calm When facing any crisis, you would have a calm mind to think carefully and decreases the chance of making any mistake.   11200EP
The fierce beast  Have the mindset of not willing to give up despite the power difference.  11200EP
Resolved   Have the courage to face something you wouldn't want to face.  11200EP
Coldblooded Drive No sympathy for enemies who stands before you and won't have any hesitation to kill them.  11200EP

 

Looks like I found something and looking at the price, I think it's reasonable and without further ado, I quickly bought the last one. For now, since my Ep is lacking, I should place that one as my priority to buy. 

 

*Host has successfully bought Coldblooded Drive, balance remaining EP is 7960EP*
 
 

 

 

After I bought that skill I felt something entering my mind. It didn't harm me in fact my body felt light I wonder why? Other than that I feel that my thoughts have been cleared and now I feel like I have been enlightened. It's such a simple thing why did I have to think so much about killing a human back then? If the enemy is hostile you all I need to is kill them, it's so easy and yet I was disturbed by it. Is that perhaps because I used to live in a much more peaceful world and my rational is affecting me? I think that might be the reason, I should buy more of these skills in the future they are not useless after all. 

I'm not sure but I was struggling when writing this chapter as I feel like there's something is missing, if anyone of you can help me please don't hesitate to do and comment and plus if there's any mistake please point it out.

27