Chapter 2: Assessing the situation
567 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Haru POV)

As far as I know, reincarnation should be a miracle filled with excitement and emotions. But contrary to my expectations, it felt like it was over in the blink of an eye.

"So... Where am I?" (Haru)

Eh... did I... wait, wait, wait! Here it is! The cliché! I wanted to say something more remarkable rather than a generic reaction!

A-anyway, please disregard my craziness for a moment. Let's set something straight up; if I'm not wrong, I was promised a stable family and expected a slow new life. So why am I surrounded by nature without anyone around me?!

Hey! Administrator! You have to give me an explanation!? Where is my "good" family!? Why am I in the middle of nowhere instead of a house or somewhere else!? This is a scam!!!

Calm down, me... remember, if you panic, you lose... the first thing you need to do is inspect your surrounding area. You know you don't want to be insta-killed by something.

I hope this is not the troupe of the typical abandoned baby. These stories are always set in nightmare difficulty and filled with tragedy. So, if I want to survive, I need to calm down.

After calming myself down, I looked around to at least know where I was. And believe me, this place was beautiful, astonishing, and a complete visual delight.

Tiny multicolored sparks were floating everywhere like fireflies in the wild. The leaves with a flame-like constitution were falling from the branches as if there was no end. The ground below me had grass with similar characteristics to the falling leaves. And the soil looked like a rough brownish gem, yet it didn't seem solid like it appeared to be.

This place was beautiful enough to snatch everyone's breath. But if I had to highlight something, it would be the trees. Why? Because the trees were the main focus of this place.

Some trees were tall and straight, like the ones you could see on earth. But if we ignored the flame-like leaves, the trunks looked like they were made of copper instead of wood. But other trees were more... unconventional, like... How should I say this? Bewitching.

Some grew like ropes, tying other trees together. Others grew giant branches that created bridge-like structures. And others grew like going in and out of the soil, creating arch-like designs. But without a doubt, the most surreal ones were the ones that had hollow trunks yet blended with other trees.

This combination and synergy in front of me created a surreal environment. The only way to describe this place would be a tree dungeon. All within and beyond my sight were an insane number of paths and floors made of trees.

God knows how long I was stunned by this sight before I regained my senses. At this point, I noticed something so obvious that I felt like an idiot for overlooking it.

"My... My body!? Where are my limbs!? What is the meaning of this!?" (Haru)

As I felt flustered by my lack of limbs, the ground suddenly lit up with a bright white and dark purple glow. To be more precise, half of my body emitted white light, while the other half emitted dark-purple light.

This chain of events threw me into a sea of complete confusion. At this point, all I wanted to say was 'fuck it' and forget everything. Fortunately, the sight of a big black stone nearby with some runes carved on it caught my attention. This stone was so obviously out of place it undoubtedly had to be related to the administrator.

Like, come on? This is in the 101-transmigration book for dummies!

Thanks to this cliché, I distracted myself long enough to calm down and approach the stone. I was surprised by how much control I had over my new body while moving toward the rock. My only conclusion for this was the administrator's influence.

When I reached the stone, as expected, I could not understand the runes engraved on it. I was a little numb from what recently happened, so I waited for the next event like a good NPC. And sure enough, the runes shone while, at the same time, a message entered my mind.

"Little child, this is a sad turn of events. You were supposed to reincarnate as a baby in a kingdom of this world, but now you are stuck in the body of a spirit. I didn't know that ■■■■■■■ already corrupted this world. You need to be very careful with the irregularities you will undoubtedly face in the future.

Here is a little explanation: the forest you are in is known as the astral forest, the home of earth spirits. The astral forest is one of the many domains inside the astral realm. This world has eight elemental domains, with each one being the home of their corresponding spirits. But you can explore them later if you want, or to be more precise, you will need to.

Now, as I said before, you were reincarnated as a spirit. The spirits in this world are entities made of astral energy, which is the power of this world. They are categorized by rank, so the higher the grade, the stronger the spirit.

Right now, you have the lowest rank that any spirit could have. In any other circumstances, this wouldn't be a problem for you; a typical spirit can rank up and become stronger. But thanks to ■■■■■■ ■'s corrosion, you acquired a dangerous power while reincarnating. This power is so corrosive that no entity should be able to interact with it.

As for why you were able to acquire it is a mystery, but I advise you to avoid using it for the time being. Otherwise, your existence will be eroded by that power. And if ■■■■■■■ ever finds or senses a little of your presence, it will hunt you down.

Don't worry, child. I placed eight seals in your body to seal that power until you are strong enough to withstand it. Aside from increasing your strength, there is an extra condition to unlock the seals. You must obtain the core of the highest rank spirits of each attribute and achieve the highest rank in your spiritual attribute.

To reach this goal, you need to know a little more about this world. This world has eight spirit types: earth, wind, fire, water, light, darkness, lightning, and devil.

With that in mind, the ranks of the spirits are divided into nine categories: (1) spark spirit, (2) lesser spirit, (3) mid-spirit, (4) will spirit, (5) soul spirit, (6) weapon spirit, (7) fusion spirit and (8) elemental.

There is an exception known as the ninth rank, also called the (ex) ruler rank. The spirits of this rank maintain balance in the world, but attaining it is almost impossible without exceptional circumstances. Although I said you needed the highest grade to unlock a seal, you only need an eighth-rank core.

Spirits can get strong alone with enough time and luck, but there is an alternative route. The humans of this world have adapted and developed a way to form a contract with a spirit. The contracts allow spirits to access the human realm while humans acquire the power to fight against dangerous entities.

With that in mind, we need to talk about your irregularity. Every spirit in this world possesses one attribute. But because of ■■■■■■■, you became the first spirit with two attributes, the light and devil attributes. Thanks to this, your development will ultimately differ from any typical spirit that even I cannot predict.

One more thing: the only way to go to the human world is with a contract. The contracts are divided into two types, called the Offering and Fated. With the Offering contract, the summoner needs an offering and enough talent to attract a high-ranked spirit. In contrast, anyone can perform the Fated at any time. Usually, these kinds of contracts are linked by fate.

I will leave you with the only help I can provide. This rock is known as a nova stone; it benefits spirits and can help them grow their power and ranks.

One last thing: I still remember your promise to help me if you can, so if you manage to control ■■■■■■■ power to a certain degree. Then you can restore this world's damage; that would be enough to help.

Good luck lost one; I wish you happiness and good luck". (Administrator)

With the message reaching its end, the runes in the stone dissipated in the air while surrounding my body, like wishing me luck.

16