Chapter 3: A sudden change
444 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Haru POV)

"So here is the deal... how do I use this stone?" (Haru)

After learning about my situation, I was relieved it wasn't the worst possible scenario. BUT! This doesn't explain how the heck I'm going to survive! Administrator! Remember that even with a cheat-like power-up, I'm still an average person!! Or not... now I am a spirit... Anyway, ranting time is over. It's testing time!

I could only look at the Nova stone with a mixture of gratitude and awkwardness. The administrator said this stone would benefit me but forgot to leave the manual. This means I have to look for a way to use it.

So, for the next two hours, I tried every idea I came up with, no matter how ridiculous or embarrassing it was (I won't ever tell a soul about what I did). But, in the end, none of them was the correct answer.

Tired and frustrated by my lack of success, I tried the last option I had in mind, which I deliberately avoided because I didn't want to fail with the most obvious one. In other words, I'll try using astral energy.

Hear me out. If you are wondering why I avoided this option from the beginning, it is because... how should I say it? Imagine I became a bird, and someone told me: you are a bird, so fly. Could I be able to fly like nothing on my first attempt? The answer is an absolute no.

Upon justifying my potential embarrassment to myself, I made my first attempt using my imagination. I had no hope of succeeding, as using the imagination sounded too illogical. But contrary to my expectations, I could control my astral energy without setbacks.

My astral energy entered into the nova stone as if it were a sponge. It was while pouring the astral energy that I began to feel lightheaded. By simply trying out this option and not fearing the cliché, two hours of pure anger (at myself) and frustration could have been avoided.

While I was complaining to my past self for being a stubborn idiot, the Nova stone dissipated. After it disintegrated, only a vast amount of multicolored sparks remained floating in midair.

I was surprised because I thought the stone would be absorbed into my body or transformed. At this moment, while I was shocked, the sparks entered my body.

I got the correct answer and felt very happy about my success. In theory, the next step would be to enjoy and rejoice with my new strength, right? Sadly, this foolish thought only lasted a second before I learned how it feels to experience hell in life.

Without any warning, a burning feeling engulfed my body and soul. It was like being thrown into a sea of flames. I could feel my ego being burned and corroded, with the risk of losing myself.

By the time the pain ended, I felt like I almost went mad; it was a miracle that I managed to stay sane. Even though I was delighted to make it through, I felt devastated, as the power-up feeling I longed for wasn't here. I felt cheated and wanted to cry for at least an entire week, but I still had many things to do.

After pondering for a while, I decided the best set of actions would be to explore the area I was in. Having rested enough, I tried to lift.... well, float around.

Just as I moved, an unexpected pain assaulted my senses. This pain wasn't like the burning hell from before. It felt like my body was destroying and regenerating itself. I thought there could never be a worse pain than the one I recently experienced. But as if mocking me, the pain intensified. I swear I could see the world giving me the middle finger.

There were moments in the middle of the agony when I almost lost myself or could not recognize who I was. But even on the edge of going crazy, there was one thing I was aware of: I could not faint. Not even the heaven of getting unconscious was allowed.

When the pain subsided, my body was in its best shape and pain-free. But being in the best physical condition doesn't mean I was okay. My mind was in shatters and on the verge of breaking.

Oh boy, little did I know that the only reason for my survival was due to my dual attributes and identity as an otherworlder.

This time, I seriously took my time to recover, as the fear of a pain greater than the ones I just experienced gave me PTSD. To my delight, there wasn't any sign of discomfort after moving a little. Now, without anything to fear, I checked my own body while trying to find anything out of the ordinary.

I'm glad that the pain wasn't for nothing; thanks to that hell, both of my attributes reached the second rank. There wasn't any physical change, as I still felt the same. What a shame.

Now stronger than before, it was time for the training arc.

Now that I think about it... in theory, my original attribute should be the light attribute, right? And now I have two attributes, right? And they are opposite to each other, right? So this means...

“I'm an isekai template!!!!!!!!”(Haru)

After shouting that, I had a long session of expelling everything I had piled up. Surely no one saw me, right? A-anyways, it's testing time!

The first test I did was on my light attribute. As in theory, and according to the administrator, this should be my original attribute. Based on what I already experienced, imagination was the key.

My first test was creating a ball of light using my imagination. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I learned that using astral energy felt more straightforward, to the point that it was like breathing.

After several rounds of testing, I learned some interesting things. I can manipulate the astral energy using my imagination. At the same time, the power and 'weight' behind the attribute needed a concept. The reason was a feeling of holiness and light while testing the light attribute.

I did similar tests with the devil attribute based on the previous results. The results were the same except for the change in the concept, so it was no surprise that they were almost the same. This time, there was a feeling of evil and corruption.

I must add that an extra change happened while testing my attributes. When I used a specific attribute, my body would change color to correspond to the one I used. I would have a white light if I were using the light attribute. Otherwise, if I use the devil attribute, it would be a dark-purple light.

Also, as a general feeling, my light attribute felt more oriented toward a defensive... or should I say... 'Holy' style... I don't know how to put it in words, but something like that. On the other hand, my devil attribute felt more straightforward, aggressive, and corrosive. It was wholly oriented toward combat.

The final test was supposed to use both attributes at the same time. Unfortunately, it was impossible to complete the test. An immense pain would assault me the moment I tried to use both of them. It may be because they are opposite attributes.

Although I couldn't perform the last set of tests, it was a relief learning that I had no limitations on creating objects made with attributes. However, my power and imagination limit the strength and shape of the created objects.

As I concluded the experiment, I thought about something that bothered me. The administrator said that spirits maintained the world, but if that is the case, where are the gods? They exist according to the administrator, right? Or are the higher-ranking spirits gods?

It felt that I was unaware of something dangerous in this world, maybe because of the administrator's inconsistencies. Before I reached any conclusion, I felt a sting on my side. Before I could process what happened, I saw myself flying and crashing into a tree.

After crashing, my instincts told me to move as soon as possible. So, while enduring the pain, I quickly moved away from there as fast as possible. This proved to be the correct answer, as a rock landed right where I was.

Knowing that this was a close call, I looked in the direction where the projectile came. And to my surprise, there was a brown wisp-like entity there, an earth spirit. If I'm not wrong, that should be how I looked because I instinctively sensed it was the same rank as me.

"Excuse me, mister spirit, I don't want to fight. So, if you can ignore my presence, then I would be very gra---." (Haru)

I didn't have time to finish my sentence when the earth spirit fired some sharp rocks at me. I clumsily dodged the stones while resigning myself. It is time to experience my first, and hopefully not last, battle.

13