Classified file 2: The seed of chaos (part two)
272 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Fayna POV)

Three hours had passed since Athena appeared with Chris in my location. Athena didn't hold back when she beat the hell out of us, during her outburst we were forced to confess everything about Alice, she especially targeted me with both questions and torture.

In the end, we ended up twitching on the floor while I used my flames to heal both of us. Luckily, Athena was immersed in her thoughts after hearing everything about Alice, giving us time to heal.

After healing completely, we sat on the floor without moving an inch. We knew that any other action would make Athena even scarier, maybe reacting to our thoughts Athena turned around and glared at me without blinking, the pressure of her gaze made me flinch in fear.

"I finally have a general idea of Alice from what you said. Now I understand why this scum exposed her identity in front of me, although this is a little unexpected, the fact of that girl being the supposed messiah and a lost princess makes her current status very fragile. But tell me one thing, what is the unknown power inside her?" (Athena)

I knew she would understand everything after one explanation. Right now we couldn't allow anyone to discover neither her true identity as a princess or the wanted messiah. But her question threw me into a complex mood, even after three years of living with her wasn't enough to discover what the hell was that power.

There was an occasion when I brought Alice to subjugate a wave. At that time we were alone in that mission so I gave her a chance of delivering a strike while suggesting the use of that unknown power. At first, I thought it was a great idea, but when she focused her resonance energy I felt a horrible and bloodlust aura coming from her, I instinctively retreated and looked at her in shock, her contract appeared behind her and her bi-colored hair began to look like made of energy while her eyes were shining in their respective color. It was exactly the same phenomenon that happened when someone achieved the synchronization state.

Some people often confuse the synchronization state with a seventh rank spirit fusion. While a person with a seventh rank spirit could fusion themselves with the spirit. The synchronization state was completely different, this phenomenon was caused by the excess of resonance energy on the body of the user and the amplification of the link between the spirit and the contractist. But to achieve this state, you would need to pass certain restrictions.

The human contractist must be almost perfectly compatible with his spirit. I'm not talking about the attribute or something like that, what I'm talking about is if they are fit for each other. You could say this compatibility is like a love relationship, you could find and date different people with different characteristics. Some of them you could get along very well while with others you wouldn't find anything in common. But among all of them, there is one who you could say is "perfect". The compatibility between a human and a spirit works the same, but in this case, you have only one shot in your life to do that. After you made a contract you are tied with the spirit for the rest of your life.

Because of this restriction, I knew Alice indeed could achieve that state at any moment, but seeing her using it at an unexpected time was outside of my expectations. But this was far from over because without any warning Azazel appeared in front of Alice as a dark-purple scythe while a silver cloak enveloped her. In just a moment Azazel ranked up two times, breaking any common sense left in me.

When I finally decided to stop Alice it was already too late. She looked at the wave with a crazy smile while pouring insane amounts of resonance energy on her scythe.

"Azazel... Reap everything!!!"(Alice)

She only did one swing before fainting and with her unconscious, the scythe and the cloak disappeared in thin air. At first, this didn't make sense to me, but moments late I witness how the wave disintegrated moments later. It took one action to annihilate all the monsters in the wave without leaving any elemental crystals. 

I couldn't describe the chills I felt at that moment, I knew that if I was hit with that move I would be dead even with my regeneration concept. Afterward, I destroyed the place to justify the lack of elemental crystals and returned to the mansion.

I thought everything was over but when I asked Alice and Azazel about what they did they only said that they didn't remember anything, and to make it worse Alice gained a star and Azazel ranked up a week later. This incident made me re-evaluate the danger of that power.

I looked at Athena with that in mind and thought that if she were to take a look we may get an answer for that power.

"I don't know if that power was sealed inside of her in the past or is something that her spirit had, but if I'm sure of one thing is that the power inside of her is really dangerous. I think what the prophets are searching for is that power, not the spirit."(Fayna)

The room fell in silence, I looked a Chris and he had a worried expression. It seemed that the strange power inside of Alice was a concern for everyone, not only from the standpoint of being dangerous.

"Master, I brought your dinner, this time is a piece of cake with a cup of black coffee. Also, Did you eat the flan of Alice again ?"(Orie)

The voice of Orie broke the silence in the office, as I forgot about the hour. We were almost at night and it was time for dinner. I usually ate my dinner inside the office and because Orie was my personal maid she is responsible for bringing my food.

Athena walked to the door and opened it in a flash. Orie was stunned by this sudden action and was dragged inside by Athena without having a moment to react. When I looked at Orie I felt cold sweat dripping on my back.

I completely forgot about Orie's current outfit, thanks to my wish of annoying Alice I made Orie wear that sexy maid outfit in front of everyone, and now that Orie was in front of us she was trying to cover her exposed parts with shame, this made Chris avoid his sight and Athena to glare me with contempt before looking at Orie with a stern face.

"I know that the culprit for your outfit is Fayna. Don't worry, I will punish her later." (Athena)

"Uhm.... thanks?"(Orie)

I knew I was going to live that hell again. While I looking at the void for comfort Chris and Athena explained the whole situation to Orie. Although she was a little nervous at first, she adapted very quickly to the current situation.

Athena and Orie began to make tests with the remnants in her body while Orie was talking about Alice with Chris. But because we have already spent too much time Athena and Chris needed to return.

I was about to celebrate when Athena left while leaving a note behind.

"Don't believe I forgot about your punishment, you will suffer the next time I see you."(Athena)

I knew I couldn't escape from Athena's punishment, but on the inside, I was happy that the three of us interacted again like the old times.

I still had a lot of things to do, but for now, I wanted to see Alice's expression when she finds that I ate her flan. So I left the office while Orie was following from behind.

At that moment I couldn't predict that the movements of the prophets would be done sooner than I expected.

11