C3: His Father
338 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting in a passage, Park Taekyun waited patiently, not patiently to be exact but his expression showed that he was lazy. Inside he was agitated! Today, two weeks after his son’s diagnosis, he finally managed to land an appointment with the man known as a ‘walking lethal weapon’.

Sighing inwardly as he patted down his heart he grimaced on the last he saw his son, a few hours ago. Yule was already receiving radiation therapy and the poor child was vomiting all the contents of his stomach out.

He cried himself to sleep since the radiation treatment and not only was it hard for him, he tried his best to be strong in front of his mama. Taekyun felt bad that his son had to go through this but there was hope, if his father didn’t want to help him then so be it, they already found three matches for the surgery but he was urged to get at least some clarification from his father.

The door beside him swung open. Two burly men dressed in all black suits came out dragging the man who went in before him, out of the office. When he went inside he was lively but now, he was but a corpse getting handled.

The secretary who was filing her nails seconds ago picked up her telephone and called for the cleaners to clean up the office. Five men in white came rushing and slammed the door shut behind them but not for long, the door opened and a man, donning terrifying aura came out while cleaning his hands.

Taekyun’s eyes narrowed on the cloth he was using and saw that it had blood all over it, “Send the next person in when the cleaners are done,” the man said. Just as he flung the cloth over his left shoulder at his secretary who tried to catch it, tried but failing, the man walked past Taekyun but stopped in his tracks.

Turning his head, he looked at Taekyun who was in his own thoughts and his eyes widened, shock riddled his complexion. He instantly turned pale and thankfully Taekyun didn’t spare him a glance, he quickly made his way out of the passage and into the next room.

‘Fuck!’ he cursed closing the door behind him. The person who he fucked years ago has returned, what does he want? Compensation? No, wait… thinking back to the request on the form he just saw, the next client wanted information on someone, so it couldn’t be that he wanted revenge or compensation right? But what if his objectives change when he suddenly sees him?

Shaking his head, he quickly composed himself and used the toilet. Washing his hands, he returned to see that Taekyun was no longer outside waiting but inside his office. He masked his presence and walked in softly as he observed the younger man in front of him.

Recalling what happened in the past, shivers jumped up and down in his body. When he came too he realized that he’d been standing there for some time and Taekyun was looking at him as though he was looking at a fool.

Wol Ryeong walked over to his desk and sat behind it. Opening his file he looked over at Taekyun and said, “Since it is your first time here, we will give you a discount. You wanted me to find information about someone, do you have the money with you?”

Taekyun nodded his head, “Here,” he said, as he pulled out an envelope and placed it on Wol Ryeong’s desk. Picking up, he opened it and flipped through it. He pulled out 20 000 Won and handed it back to Taekyun who thanked him and placed it in his bag.

Wol Ryeong looked at him oddly at first then asked, “Who is the person you want information on?” Taekyun looked at him hesitantly and lowered his gaze, “Rong Wol Ryeong,” he answered.

Wol Ryeong’s brows shot up. His heart sped up and he asked hurriedly, “What information do you want on me?”

Taekyun steeled his expression and looked at him, “Did anyone in your family have Leukaemia?”

“Huh?” Out of all the things he could have asked, he asked him about this, why? Not voicing out his thoughts and sticking to his principals of not getting emotionally invested he thought for a moment before answering, “Yes, my grandfather had Leukaemia but unfortunately passed since it was too far gone.”

As he answered Taekyun, he saw the eyes of the other turn red and tears well up in his eyes. When he finished Taekyun’s tears were already streaming down his face. Wol Ryeong couldn’t comprehend why Taekyun started crying when he spoke of his grandfather, the man was unrelated to him, was his head on wrong or something.

Taekyun didn’t answer nor did Wol Ryeong speak after informing him. Time slowly ticked away and as he was losing his patience, Taekyun pulled out a picture and placed it on his desk face down and slid it over to Wol Ryeong’s side, “Seven years ago, when I was trying to calm down during my heat in a secluded area, an Alpha burst through the door with his eyes black. He attacked me and the two of us were stuck in a battle for two days straight without end in that area. When he regained consciousness he told me to never speak of this incident and since I was scared, I ran away even dropping out of school.”

The hairs on Wol Ryeong’s neck stood up as he too recalled the incident. “Since I dropped out of school I had to work and I did but one day I fell ill at work and was rushed to the hospital. When I regained consciousness I was told that I was pregnant. I went for counselling and decided to abort but the night before my surgery I had a strange dream on the baby asking me not to abort him and that he’d be the happiest thing I would come to know. I was apprehensive when I woke up but I decided to keep him,” he continued.

Wol Ryeong’s face was turning darker with every word he spoke, feeling a deadly premonition take place, “When I gave birth, my son was born and immediately I felt that everything that had happened to me was nothing against holding my son in my arms and seeing his innocent face. Then I knew that everything that happened after my sub-gender reveal, even how my son was made, I didn’t regret any of it, even if I had a chance to go back into the past I wouldn’t change a thing.”

‘So he doesn’t hate me for raping him…wait what? Pregnant, no wonder I keep having those dreams?!’ “My son enjoys school even with all the hate of being born from an unwed male Omega gets him. He doesn’t have friends because of me but still, he loves school, he loves learning and he loves sports. He is also interested in playing the piano but I can’t afford it just yet. But until recently, he was admitted into the hospital because he collapsed at school and when the doctor returned with his results, they found that he had Leukaemia.”

Wol Ryeong was so blown away by the words and when Taekyun said that his son had Leukaemia, it suddenly hit him why he was here. Wol Ryeong frowned, “He has Leukaemia?!”

Taekyun who was wiping his tears away was taken aback when he saw Wol Ryeong sit up and ask him with a dreadful expression. He nodded stiffly, “Yes, it’s been two weeks since he has been admitted and it's only getting worse.”

“If it was getting worse, why didn’t you come to me sooner?!” Wol Ryoeng asked him furiously with his hands balled on his desk. Taekyun looked at Wol Ryeong with a raised brow, “Today was the day I was told I could meet you.”

Wol Ryeong was about to say something when he remembered the rule he set about no visits without an appointment. Stumped for words, his head hung low embarrassed. Seeing the photo on his desk, he was suddenly curious as to how his son looked. Flipping over the picture, his eyes widened in disbelief, “Wol Ryeong, although I am his mother, I am not a match for him and can’t donate my bone marrow, will you please get yourself tested and save my son if you can.”

9