7 – Present
805 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at the time and found that it was already noon. Feeling slightly hungry, I went out of my room before heading to the kitchen.

 

Taking a few pieces of meat, I began to stir fry it along with vegetables and salt. Eh? While cooking I noticed a few differences from previously. 

 

I felt my vision had gotten better, as well as all of my other senses, causing me to feel slightly excited. Ah! The food! 

 

Concentrating again, I finished cooking it when I heard footsteps. Knowing it was my brother, I turned around.

 

“Do you want to eat too?”

 

“Mmhmm,” rubbing his stomach, he got up to get a bowl of rice before sitting on the table. Seeing this, I placed the food onto a plate before bringing it over.

 

“You’re washing the plates Big Brother!” 

 

***

 

Taking the bowls and plates to wash as he ran away saying his group mates were calling, I went to Big Brother’s room before grabbing his dimension energy reader. I wanted to see if my energy had raised.

 

The device was a simple sphere with a screen. All I had to do was place my hands on both sides for a bit and it would read my energy level.

 

However I became disappointed as it remained a 5.00 which signaled that I hadn’t increased at all. Where did all of my dimension energy go if it’s not raising my energy level?

 

Deciding to do other tests, like picking up one of Big Brother’s weights or running down the hall, I found that my attributes did increase. 

 

Perhaps one day, I’ll be able to take down high level dimension beasts with just a sword? I happily went back to my room, when I realized I needed to pick up my laundry! Running back out, I carried my bedding to my room. This time, I felt that I had indeed grown a lot stronger.

 

While fixing my bed, I heard footsteps sounding. Going back out, I noticed it was Dad and Mom. 

 

“Xi, we need to head out again.”

 

“Again?” I felt slightly empty in my heart. Dad and Mom always came and left quickly. Couldn’t they stay home?

 

“Sigh.... we’re sorry Xi, however the place where we need to go is dangerous so we can’t bring you along…”

 

I nodded, they had to help make a living for us as well… also it wasn’t like they couldn’t return, and I could contact them using the terminal. Feeling a lot better when I thought that, I wiped my tears away.

 

“However we bought you a present.” Dad took out a necklace and handed it to me.

 

“??”

 

“It’s a dimension necklace.” placing it around my neck, he nodded in satisfaction. “As expected of my daughter, it looks good!”

 

Blushing slightly, I brought the necklace in front of me. It had a silver gem inside while strung by a black string. 

 

“How do I use it?”

 

“Place it on your forehead,” he explained to me, “your mental energy will automatically brand into the necklace. Of course you’ll feel tired after doing so, so be prepared. In the future, when you become stronger make sure to bind it with your blood so that it can’t be stolen. As for your natal dimensional energy, make sure you don’t use it up.”

 

I nodded before doing as he said. I slowly began to be able to view the inside of the necklace. It worked similar to my spirit space. When the inside became perfectly clear, I removed it while feeling a little sluggish.

 

Mom came over to pat my head before kissing me on my forehead, “become strong Xi, when you can make it to the world’s end, that’s where we will be waiting. Only by becoming stronger in this world can you obtain true freedom…”

 

While she said that, my eyes grew heavier before falling asleep.

 

***

 

When I woke up, I looked at the familiar ceiling and surroundings. Mom and Dad left again… 

 

Curling up, I silently cried before wiping away my tears. Hiccuping, I got up before looking at the time. It was already the next day.

 

“But how do I become stronger?” My symbol? 

 

The only way aside from that would be to make it into the spirit pavilion and contract a spirit weapon… which was of course impossible, unless I asked Mom and Dad. But it feels like they don’t want us to rely on them…

 

So my only option was my brother and the symbol. Well I can pretty much count Big Brother out because he’s also busy. 

 

Then that leaves this…

 

Entering my Spirit Space, I checked the symbol. I became a little curious about where all of the blood I absorbed went. Picking up my courage, I tried to view inside the symbol, similar to how I viewed the inside of my dimension necklace.

 

Surprisingly, I entered it pretty easy. I saw a bunch of blood flow through the area in streams, while the silver energy would flow out. The blood energy would ultimately be stored in a single droplet in the center of a silver pool.

 

Eh? I found out I could control the blood energy. Well it makes sense since it's part of me to begin with like the symbol. At least I hoped the symbol was a part of me. It's made with my natal dimension energy through my years of effort. It’s definitely a part of me!

 

Convincing myself as such, I exited the symbol and withdrew a bit of blood energy from the symbol before redirecting it through my hand onto the dimensional necklace. This time, I felt the necklace bound more tighter to me. 

 

All that I was missing was a weapon… should I just go grab the ones that were being given out at the entrance of the base? 

28