12 – 12
637 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Xi, our food stock is dwindling,” Grandpa suddenly said while watching the projection.

 

“Oh...I’ll go buy more then,” after getting a bunch of credits from Grandpa, I was about to leave when Little Fish followed me from behind causing me to have a weird feeling in my chest.

 

Is this what a local tyrant feels like?

 

Taking her hand, we left the store before walking a few blocks down. What appeared in front of us was a bunch of carts as well as civilians.

 

Going over, I scanned a cart with my bracelet before pushing it inside.

 

“Is there anything Little Fish wants?”

 

“I want Xi,” 

 

“...” blushing, I ignored her weird comment and filled the cart with meat and vegetables. Oh...there was also juice and fruits.

 

Making sure we had everything, I pushed it towards the counter for the cashier to check and log. After scanning my bracelet against the auntie’s I pushed the cart all the way back to home.

 

While humming, we returned to the store. Grandpa had stopped watching the tournament, and instead went back to lazing about.

 

Taking all of the grocery into my necklace, I went upstairs to store them away. Looking at the time, it was already noon. 

 

“Little Fish, I’ll go cook something for you after I place the cart back.”

 

Getting her nod, we went back downstairs, when I saw a familiar figure walk through the door.

 

Running over, I hugged her.

 

“Mom!” I looked up at her as I inadvertently smiled.

 

“Xi~” she patted my head before looking behind me. Following her view, I found Little Fish looking at us.

 

“It’s Little Fish,” going back to her, I held her hand before waving it at Mom, “she lost her memories and bracelet.”

 

Mom nodded before looking out the door, “Xi, go return the cart, I’ll go make lunch with Little Fish.”

 

Nodding, I went to return the cart.

 

***

 

Upon returning, I found Little Fish sitting on the couch, her cheeks were dyed red. 

 

Did mom do something to her? 

 

For some reason, I felt a slight sour feeling in my chest. 

 

“Did Mom anything to you?”

 

She turned more red before shaking her head, “Auntie said to stay by Xi’s side~”

 

“Oh…” then why’s she blushing?!

 

Afterwards without waiting for me to understand, she took my hand before leading me towards the kitchen.

 

“...”

 

Sitting down, I started to eat. 

 

“Xi, do you want to go on a trip with Mom?~” Mom suddenly said.

 

“Of course I do!” I quickly nodded my head, “but what about Little Fish? Also where are we going?”

 

Mom looked at her before saying, “Little Fish be coming along as well. We’re heading off towards Baiji Base.”

 

No matter why Mom came back, it was for Big Brother’s tournament. By the way, the name of the base we were currently located in was called Shakra Base.

 

Afterwards I happily ate my meal while feeling over the clouds.

 

However it seems I’ve forgotten something…

 

“When will we be heading off?”

 

“Next week.”

 

***

 

After spending the rest of the day playing with Little Fish, I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten about the tickets.

 

“Grandpa, maybe you can bring an old friend along?” without waiting for him to decline, I passed him my other ticket before running off.

 

As for Mom, she was currently on the couch.

 

“Where’s Dad?”

 

“He’s currently busy so I decided to come back earlier, can’t I spend more time with my daughter?”

 

“Of course Mom can~” grabbing her arms, I smiled happily before going back to Little Fish to daydream. 

 

“I’m going to take a bath…” going off, I took off my clothes before sitting inside.

 

Eh? I found that the ends of my hair had turned silver.

 

“...” is it over for me?

 

Washing myself, I exited the bath to look at the mirror, in it was a cute girl who was developing with waist length hair. After checking to see if there were wrinkles on my face, I let out a sigh of relief.

 

Feeling like I still needed Mom’s consolation, I dressed up before running out the door.

 

“Mom!” I ran towards her before sitting on the couch.

 

“What is it Xi?”

 

I showed her the ends of my hair, “Mom, am I getting sucked dry? Will I turn old?”

 

She showed me a weird look before taking me towards Big Brother’s room and fetching up his dimension energy reader.

 

I nervously placed my hands over it, and the number that was displayed was ‘5’.

 

AN: Changed eliminations to twice a week in chapter 11.

 

24