15 – Training 2
568 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lunch, we went towards my room, since the living room was currently cleared out and Mom didn’t seem like she was going to place the furniture back anytime soon.

 

“Dimension Monsters are split off into multiple categories, each with their own characteristics and cultures. Don’t expect them all to be mindless beasts like the boars in the fields.” 

 

Seeing us nod, she continued to go through the types, such as beast, plant, fungi, bugs. The list went on and on. 

 

There were also weird unique types, like a turtle who would release spores. Upon being breathed in, the spores would absorb the energy from the host before growing mushrooms for the turtle to eat.

 

Or a wasp where even if you behead it, they would still be alive. In fact their head wasn’t even important to them. 

 

“Make sure to remember the ones with special characteristics,” Mom reminded me again, “for example this one. If you get stunned and paralyzed, as a female, you’ll have wished you were dead. However if you know a way to counter it, then there won’t be anything to be afraid of.”

 

She pointed towards a grotesque creature. Luckily there was a simple solution to solving it, it was honey. It would be repulsed even if a jar of honey was a mile away, in fact if it gets any closer, it’ll end up dissolving.

 

After Mom warned me again, she sent over a large file. It was pretty much an encyclopedia of dimension monsters recorded.

 

“Little Fish, you too.” She took out a bracelet from somewhere. After scanning a bunch of documents over, she passed it to Little Fish.

 

“Thanks Auntie,” Little Fish politely accepted it before placing it on her wrist.

 

“I’ll learn them properly,” not willing to lose to Little Fish’s diligence, I started to look through the dimension monsters. There weren’t any names, only an image, a code like BH-036789, as well as its characteristics.

 

For the rest of the day, while sitting next to Mom and Little Fish, we began to memorize the characteristics of different dimension monsters. 

 

By the way, the most dangerous were the fungi types, and if even a spore appeared, it would easily become a calamity class outbreak.

 

***

 

Swish

 

With a slicing sound, Big Brother slashed his first sword Anna causing his opponent to dodge in a flustered manner, when the referee stepped inside to block the consecutive strike.

 

“Why does it feel like Big Brother’s just bullying his opponent,” leaning back, I felt Mom’s softness. 

 

“Bad matchup, his opponent has gloves for his spirit weapon,” Mom pinched my cheeks before continuing, “if he’s reckless enough, chances are he’ll lose a limb. Unless their weapon is a tier 4 or higher, weaknesses like these will be a lot obvious.”

 

Afterwards she let out a laugh, “but in a tournament like this, you probably won’t find a tier 4 weapon.”

 

Just as she said that, the screen snapped before showing a girl with a mirror. The boy had slammed coincidentally slammed a hammer against it, when a large impact sent him flying backwards.

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“...” reflexively raising my head up to look, my vision suddenly went dark. Mom had covered my eyes again.

 

“Mom...repeat after me, there’s no way he can’t bump into her in the tournament.” 

 

“...”

 

“...do you want a spanking?” she fixed my position before lightly smacking me on my hips.

 

I quickly shook my head.

 

“But won’t Big Brother be in trouble?”

 

“Just hope he doesn’t bump into her in the tournament, there are at least a 1000 contestants, chances are they won’t even meet.”

 

“...” Is Big Brother’s tournament going to end prematurely?

“What’s the reward anyways?” the tournament page didn’t reveal anything. As if normal civilians weren’t supposed to know.

 

“A chance to enter into the Sacred Spirit Pool. It allows a weapon to tier up regardless of rank. Of course, tier 5s and up are forbidden to enter and the contestants need to enter within 2 months. They also aren’t allowed to enter into another tournament.” 

 

Mom continued to explain, “what we saw would be considered a genius, someone who’s reached level 40 before the age of 15. Judging from her looks, she’s probably 14 to 15, just under the age limit for the tournament.”

 

“We’re going back to training,” Mom led me upstairs before taking out a board, “from now on, in the mornings you’ll spar before lunch. Following that you’ll have to look through the list of dimension monsters for an hour a day at least. For the rest of the day afterwards, you’re free to do whatever you want.”

 

After drawing a timeline on it, she placed it to the side. Taking out a  wooden sword, she removed her slippers before heading back towards the center of the room.

 

Going to the center, I took out my wooden sword while standing

 

Taking out a wooden sword, she sent a slash at me again. It was the same overhead slash.

 

Not willing to meet it head on again, I tried to dodge, however the strike seemed to have been locked onto me. Without a choice, I could only block at the last second. 

 

I felt something enter into me again, causing me to become stunned, although it wasn’t as strong as the first time. As if being paused for a short moment, I soon regained control of my body.

 

Stepping back, Mom waited until I readied myself again before repeating the strike. Knowing I can’t block, I decided to send a strike at it with all my strength. 

 

With a bam sound, I felt a rebound happen causing me to be stunned for even longer. 

 

Little Fish had come behind me before sending a light strike on the back, undoing it.

 

Losing strength, I fell onto the floor before catching my breath.

 

“Thanks…” after recovering, I looked over towards Little Fish to thank her, however I saw that she was currently running over to the bathroom.

 

“...” 

 

“Hahaha, she probably finds your sweat disgusting,” Mom’s laughter caused me to look down at myself. I was currently drenched in sweat causing my clothes to stick onto me.

 

“Mom!” Blushing, I weakly got up before readying my sword again. However Mom didn’t seem like she was going to continue. Storing the sword away, she went towards the kitchen.

 

Guess I’ll go take a bath… looking at the clothes that stuck, I pulled it to let air inside, feeling it a little refreshing, I did it a few more times before heading off to the bathroom.

 

After storing everything in my dimension necklace, I noticed that the pile of dirty laundry had grown before I noticed.

 

Deciding to clean them later, I took a shower before moving onto a bath, filling the bath up to enjoy myself.

 

“Xi,” Little Fish knocked on the door this time, “auntie told me to call you.”

 

“Kay~” getting up, I changed into a new set of clothing before leaving the bathroom.

 

“Let’s go,” taking her hand, we went towards the kitchen like always.

 

Upon sitting down, I slowly ate my meal along with Mom and Little Fish.

 

When we finished, we cleared the table as I started to view the list of dimension monsters when I suddenly remembered something.

 

Just to be safe, I went online before buying a box of honey. 

 

 

20