Chapter: 2 Secret Study
344 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After breakfast, William followed his father to the study.

The early morning sunlight passed through the clouds, overflowed the windows, slanted through the study, and finally stopped on the family crest of the Friedrich family.

 A human skull pressed against an open book. Both sides of the book are equipped with long colored ribbons on which the Friedrich family motto is written.

"Pursue Knowledge" & "Awe of Power"

The study is not large. There is an armor on each side of the door. A teak desk is facing the door. Behind the desk is a teak bookshelf engraved with a seamless extension spell.

Judging from the densely packed books above, the magician who originally carved this spell should have a fairly high level of magic.

William noticed that on his father’s desk, besides the daily newspapers and documents, there were several envelopes with different emblems.

One of the envelopes covered with a lion, an eagle, a badger and a snake formed a large letter "H" heraldry attracted William's attention.

"Do you know how many school invitation letters I have received?Hogwarts, Durmstrang, & Beauxbatons, all the three magic schools in Europe have sent invitation letters."

"In addition to this, Ilvermorny in the United States, Mahoutokoro in Japan, and Uagadou in Africa, almost all famous magic schools have sent invitations to study abroad. Do you only know why this is my son?" Duke asked looking at his son.

"They are fighting for your son, father." William looked at his father.

"No matter which school I choose to go to, this school will gain an unimaginable reputation, right?" William said to the Duke.

"Yes, William, think about how much influence the youngest curse inventor of this century would enroll in this school. In addition, don't forget your family, the influence of the family is much greater than you think. There are too many people who want to deal with the family but suffer from no way, and your entrance to school is a knocking brick for them." Looking at his son, the Duke decided to tell him something William didn't know about.

"Do you know; William? in fact most of the outsiders don't think that it is you who completed the new spell alone. They prefer to believe that it was actually invented by your father in order to build momentum for you, do you understand? But all these remarks made me depressed. No one is allowed to criticize and look down upon the heir of the Friedrich family. But my son, I can suppress the superficial speech, but it can't stop people's inner criticism. If you decide to go to Durmstrang, because of the status of the family, you will not face a lot of trouble and non-parliament. So do you still insist on going to Hogwarts?"

William watched his father "Yes, my father, I believe that people are always reluctant to believe in the appearance of people that are too talented, right? Because if they did; this will highlight their incompetence, and no matter which school I go to, your son will use his own strength to prove it all, the Friedrich family never fears the challenge."

Duke Friedrich looked at his son proudly. "Very well, perseverance is what the Friedrich family has in their bones. Although outsiders do not understand us, they tend to believe that most of us are stubborn and crazy. But only we ourselves understand that sticking to our path of pursuing magic will make us go further. But there is one thing to remember, although magic is wonderful, it also contains danger. Do you know why the ancestors of the Friedrich family used human skulls as the emblem of House of Friedrich?"

"Because the human skull symbolizes purity, right?" William

"Yes, a complete skull represents the purity of human beings, which means that this person has never lost himself on the path of studying magic, and has never succumbed to the power of darkness. In ancient times, crazy warlocks used magic without care, in order to become stronger and did not shy away  to use any and all means regardless of the consequences. Eventually he transformed himself into an ugly creature, just like those sphinx beasts. Yes, earliest sphinx was actually transformed by a powerful and crazy ancient Egyptian warlock. Such wanton use of magic is contrary to the original intention of the ancestors to learn magic, so the ancestors of the Friedrich family chose to use the combination of skull and books as the family emblem to warn the dangers of magic path to the later descendants of House of Friedrich.

Although outsiders think that using the skull as an emblem is unknown, a symbol of evil, and a symbol of black magic. Therefore, our family will be called the black magic family. But only we know that this crest represents that we gain power from knowledge, and we use the power we have gained, but we are also in awe of this power. Although we love magic, in the face of the taboo knowledge and the dark side of the world, we will insist on ourselves and will not become slaves of power.

William, I know you love magic, but you need to understand that love and madness are two different things, and don’t be disturbed by this force to your heart." Father

"I understand, Father. I have read those books and understand what are the endings of those; who succumb to the temptations of power." William looked at his father, and said in a serious tone, "I promise, will not become a slave of power."

"You just understand, William. But I need more than just assurance, but also temperance. Don't study magic before going to school, stay with your mother. There will be a noble meeting in the UK before you enter school. You will go with me. With such big news, the heirs of the Friedrich family should also come out to show up, right? " The Duke looked at his son and said with a smile. "You also need to know some people, which is very helpful for your future. Be aware that your mother has started to find a qualified marriage partner for you from the nobility at this party."

"Oh, my father, my research has recently fallen into a bottleneck, and I can just relax. I also want to meet some new friends. However, I am only eleven years old now, is my mother too anxious?"

"Ha ha ha ha, rest assured William, your mother will not force you to choose. Know that there are many families who want to marry us, we just take a look at their quality, you will have a lot of choice." The Duke said to William with a smile. The Duke then pointed his finger at the invitation letter on the desk. "Let's talk about it today. Take these letters away and reply to them yourself, and don't forget today's conversation, remember your promise, William."

"Yes, father." William pressed down his excited heart, took the letter, and stepped out of the study. Finally, are you going to Hogwarts to go to school?

At this moment, this butterfly from another world flapped its wings, William couldn't help thinking, is Harry Potter really like the original one? Is Ron the same as the original? And Hermione...

 

14