Chapter:3 – Admission Notice
591 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After William walked out of the study, through the living room, and back to his room.

He opened the envelope with a touch of excitement.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

First page                                             

 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

 

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. William Friedrich,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall sig

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

 

Second page

 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells(Grade 1)

by Miranda Goshawk 
A History of Magic

by Bathilda Bagshot 
Magical Theory

by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration

by Emeric Switch 
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

by Phyllida Spore 
Magical Drafts and Potions

by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

by Quentin Trimble
OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 Wand
1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 Set glass or crystal phials
1 Telescope
1 Set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, a owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus sig

Lucinda Thomsoncle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions 

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

After reading the iconic Hogwarts admission letter William picked up the quill pen and wrote on the letter paper seriously, thanking Hogwarts administration to give him chance to be able to study at Hogwarts how he is looking forward to it.

After writing a formal reply; William folded the letter paper, put it in an envelope, sealed it with lacquer, and covered it with the skull-shaped coat of arms unique to the Friedrich family. 

Then William snapped his fingers.

"Lucy!"

"Master, do you have any orders?" A expectant female voice sounded.

A humanoid creature, with petite figure wearing a decent maid costume suddenly appeared in William's after his call.

She has big bat-like ears and protruding green eyes the size of a tennis ball. Obviously, this is a house elf.

"Help me send this letter to Hogwarts." William handed the letter to Lucy.

"Yes, young master." Lucy took the envelope, and then looked at William with earnest eyes. "What else can I do for you young master?"

William looked at Lucy helplessly. The house-elves were good, but a little too enthusiastic.

Every time Lucy looked at him with this expectant look, William felt a little unnatural.

"Bring me another cup of tea, old rules."

"Observe the order, young master." Lucy bowed again, then snapped and disappeared.

Not long after, a cup of steaming black tea appeared on William's table.

Apparition Magic is really convenient to move, William thought, but unfortunately he just turned eleven years old, therefore he still can't learn this magic magic.

Although The content of this magic is not too complicated, William still does not have much assurance, and because it is a spell on the human body, William does not dare to secretly try it privately.

William is ready to wait until he has completely studied the magic circuit of Apparition, and then try to learn and practice in the presence father. With this thought in mind, William gently took a sip of black tea, and a fragrance like grapes spread in his mouth.

William likes to drink tea, especially Darjeeling black tea produced in West Bengal, India. The perennial cloudiness in the place of origin gives this tea a unique aroma, delicate and soft taste, which is especially suitable for drinking.

The magic of the house-elves is really wonderful, and can actually ignore the Apparition disorientation spells arranged by the wizard. If not for the fact that the wizards conquered this race, otherwise house-elves would have been a very strong independent race; probably similar to Goblins.

About the history of House-elves not much is described in the main story line by J.K. Rowling; neither are many records left in the current world.

William once found a book called "Iron and Blood Conquest" in his father's collection, which introduced nearly a hundred wise races, including the dwarves, elves, and goblins, centuars, mermaids etc. and their decline throughout history.

And the culprit of all this is naturally the master of the magic world, the Wizard.

Ancient wizards used powerful forces to madly enslave other races.

During their conquests; Elves were planted with slavery magic which resulted in the current situation and turned Elves into House-Elves to serve  pure-blood wizards.

The slavery-magic implanted within House-Elves was in no way simple and therefore is still active through their bloodline.

It is stated in some research documents that this kind of spell is ranked a legendary in terms of difficulty and rareness; there is also information that it was an ancient warlock to discovered this kind of spell from Demonic Summoning.

Although it is believed that this is now a lost spell but William is more willing to believe that is was either intentionally hidden or destroyed.

In the current time there is only a weakened version of such a spell remains which is now one of the three unforgivable curses.

Although Imperious Curse is one of the 3 unforgivable curses but it is not unknown that a person with extremely strong will is able to resist it while the Slaver Magic which implants the seed of enslavement or submission into the subconscious leading to zero resistance from the target is undoubtedly too terrifying as this magic is passed onto next generation.

To be honest William didn't really like such cruel treatment but this spell is currently said to be irreversible and has caused a submissive personality of house Elves therefore it is a very difficult task for him to counter such situation at-least in a short time.

Therefore all William can do is not to exploit, abuse or punish house elves and give them as higher living environment as possible. 

Well let's change the topic from heavy conversation.......

"By the way, I need to buy Owl and necessary books and equipment." William thought to himself.

William can leave everything to Lucy but that's no fun isn't it?

Besides he has to also thoroughly check-out Diagon Alley. It's not as though he has never been there; as a child of a wizarding family in Europe; William has been to Diagon alley several times; and not only Diagon Alley; he has also visited Magic Alley of France and Germany.

But each time he went there with his mother Helena and sister Elizabeth who is a year younger than him.

When William thinks of having to go shopping with mother and sister he couldn't help but shiver.

One day of shopping but he has to stay in every shop for three to four hours; and bear the pain of trying out one piece at a time while both mother and daughter keep discussing if the object suits me is really terrible.

There are times when Father will also accompany mother and sister and that's when both father and son will share the pain inflicted by wife and daughter or mother and sister together.

"This time I will finally be able to go alone and walk around freely." Thinking so William's mouth curled up; showing a smile.

..........................

In the following days William took a break from his Magical Research and fulfilled his promise like a good baby and spent most of the time with mother.

Younger sister Elizabeth has gone to France to play with cousin sisters Fleur & Gabriel Delacour therefore William spent most of the time with mother.

While William was busy accompanying his mother; unbeknownst to him; the wizarding world outside has blown up.

There were numerous discussions going throughout the Europe; and the common subject of these discussions from small talks in bars to the talks of high level officials in ministry was undoubtedly; the youngest curse inventor: William Friedrich.

"The inventor of the impact spell, William Friedrich enrolled in Hogwarts!"

"William Friedrich and Harry Potter who is better?"

"Shock! The inventor of the impact spell did such a thing!"

Major newspapers in the wizarding world reported this incident one after another. Among them, the Daily Prophet used an entire page with exaggerated coverage and continued to report with different titles for a week.

This made Lord Duchess, Helena Friedrich very satisfied, and rewarded William with a lot of sweet dishes made by herself. And William really loved these deserts; as even he has to admit that he has knack for sweets and deserts, and only the deserts made by mother can satisfy his sweet tooth not only unbelievably delicious but also healthy and extremely rich in patterns.

It is also worth mentioning that in addition to William Friedrich; another young celebrity in the British Magic World; the Harry Potter will also be entering Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the same period.

One is a genius boy who became for inventing a magic spell even before entering the school while other is the person said to have defeated the most terrible Dark Lord of all times while still in infancy. 

What kind of storms will these two young wizards will bring to Hogwarts and the rest of the Magic World?  

12