Chapter 8 – Coincidence? I don’t think so.
2.1k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The people in the library were in joy when they saw the top three most beautiful women in the whole continent were together in one place. As the news travelled about their appearance there, more people began to gather. They were silently appreciating the arts that God has bestowed them as they began to crowded on the first floor shoving one another to get a good view of their goddesses.

The floor was so full that the crowd of people had already reached the doors of the library. They pushed and shoved one another just to get a better view. Some even had to jump.

The Royal Knights: ......

"Ammie! What are you doing here?" Elena was more of shocked to see the person they thought might be their lord and saviour were also there in the depths of hell in the baby section.

"What are you talking about? Can't I be here as well?" the lime-haired and golden eyes look at the both of them with a questioning look on her face.

"Your appearance here", Ophelia gestured to the baby books around them. "Perhaps it has something to do with your son?" Ophelia grimaced at her own words and the 'coincidence'.

Two pairs of eyes look up towards golden eyes with anticipation. Ammie with her arms on her chest now had raise one eyebrows up. There was intense silence while they waited for her confirmation. In the end, Ammie finally told them the reason she was there.

"I'm just here because of my intel notify me that-" Ammie suddenly choked air out of nowhere. "No matter. What is this has anything to do with Kai?"

Did she just unconsciously told them that she had planted spies around then?

Finally remembered the main reason for coming to the library in the first place. Elena pulled Ammie to sit next to her which was right in front of Ophelia. When did she change her seats no one knows?

"Ammie! You have to help us!" exclaimed Elena looking at Ammie pitifully. If any men were to see her at that moment, their hearts will bleed out and they would die almost immediately. Yes, looking at her sad puppy eyes and her pouty mouth were equivalent to death itself and they will do anything for Elena if she ever uses this trump card of hers.

Sadly, the person she was using her sad face against was Ammie who had seen it more times than she could count and was beginning to think her face was very ugly indeed. What bleed their hearts out? What was the feeling of dying? In her eyes, she only sees an earthworm.

Even though, Ammie thought it that way in truth all three of their appearances were beyond the world and are looked up by many people. Those were the thoughts of people who rarely see the three of them but when it comes to them itself they will think that looking at the other two faces are both a blessing and a curse.

They've been seeing the exact same mirror forever since they were seven years old. Anyone will be bored. Yet again, after all the three of them married to their respective husbands they had yearned for the presences of one another.

Thus, their appearance here in the library was more than just a mere coincidence.

"What is the problem here?" Ammie pushed away Elena's face that was getting too close for comfort and take the offering seat.

Ophelia was thankful that Ammie hadn't done a courtesy towards her. She was an Empress not more than a year ago and she was still struggling on what her role was since the previous Empress seat has long been empty. Most people have forgotten what her duty was other than carrying the heir.

As a person who was lazy by nature, of course, she embraces almost immediately when she founds out that her job was just that. Even better, she forgot what happened during the whole child-producing and child carrying moment so she was pretty fine with it.

Ophelia looked towards Elena debating with one another who should be the one who retold the whole story back to Ammie. Their small contest of eye contact managed to produce lightning between them. In the end, it was decided that Elena should tell the whole story again.

"Ammie, this problem is something Phee and I are facing together and we're suspecting that the same might be happening to you as well. The problem is that our sons are not acting like how babies should."

Ammie had her eyebrows raised at Elena, "And how do you know how to raise a baby? As far as I know, the only younger people that you both have cared for is our juniors in the Academy and the time limit was only a month and you both had already passed along the responsibilities to me."

Elena could only laugh sheepishly while Ophelia only looked nonchalant at the information.

Elena and Ophelia : (。・//ε//・。)

"But, I understand where you're both going with this. Kai, my six month years old is obsessed with sword fighting. He will crawl near the balcony of his nursery to watch the knights of my husband's trained. At one point, he even tries to lift up a wooden sword but, luckily, our maids were nearby and immediately stopped him."

"So, it is true! I can't believe my only baby has already followed his father's footsteps. I mean, I'm proud of him. I really am. Sooner or later he needs to be like his father. But, isn't infancy is too soon!", Elena slumped forward on the table sighing tiredly. If her etiquette teacher were to see her behaving like this in public she would choke blood almost immediately.

"So what are we supposed to do, Ammie? Among us all, Peter is the youngest and the most concerning baby among all. He has been refusing to cry. I am worried this might caused him to have emotional disabilities."

"That is something to be worried about but, I guess, the only thing you can do is be patient with him maybe with time he'll start to cry. In conclusion, what else can we do? We can only watch over them and support them on the sidelines.

All of our children are meant for great things in life. As mothers, what else can we do other than that? They might have some moments where they failed or have no idea how to proceed when that time comes we, mothers, have to step forward and offered them comfort and comfort them till they can stand back up on their feet."

There were some truth and wisdom in Ammie's words but...

Her son is the main capture target in the world they were living in! Worrying over him not crying and learning to sit up even though he is still too young is only the beginning of more concerning matters.

Even worse, she has to make sure the Emperor is always satisfied with her. Well, other than the whole saving the world thing. Now only a month has passed since she has given birth who knows when will he ask for her again...

Right now, she just hoped he cared more about Peter to remember that she is the only one that could give him pure royal bloodline. And she hoped, as well, that Peter could understand her when she talks to him because that young man and she need some talking to do.

The group of friends stayed in the library until the clouds outside the window were orange in colour. They had so much to catch up to that they hadn't realized it was time for the library to close. With reluctance, the three of them went separate ways but they did promise to see one another again with their babies.

According to the game's plotline, the boys were close friends with one another and Ophelia thought it might be a good idea for Peter to get along with them as well so she decided to be the first person to host their children's playdate.

Walking towards the Emperor and Empress's courtyard, they have to cross a garden to reach it. The library was located outside the palace and their group have to travel by carriage to go there. Arriving at the Palace, now they have to walk towards the living quarters.

Ophelia didn't mind the long walk after all she was able to appreciate the beauty of the royal garden that was professionally decorated by the royal gardeners. Sandhya only remained silent the whole time knowing all too well that her mistress wouldn't like it if someone were to disturb her moment of peace. The two Royal Knights that came with them were a distance away from her. A distance where they could jump in at any moment and where they will allow her to have her own space.

From where they were, there were a few people crowding near the shore of the lake. Of course, being the owner of the place (kinda), Ophelia has to check it out. But as she moves closer to the location, she quickly regrets it when she realised who it was.

It was the Emperor! Nothing good ever comes when meeting with him. Wait, is that her burrito with him?

The scene that Ophelia saw before the Emperor noticed her was similar to a father gazing down lovingly at his son. His face was serene and his surrounding was warm and fuzzy. He had one of his fingers curled up around by Peter's small hand. There was also a slight tug on his lips.

Ophelia only thought of the moment was that she needed to ingrain that very image inside her brain and make a tattoo out of it because she has a feeling that this all might be a mirage played by her eyes.

And sure enough, it was.

When he noticed her, there was an unknown look on his face that she knew must be the light's mistake. Why does he have relief and a longing look on his face? It was only a second of that look before his face darkens.

"Where have you been, woman? How dare you leave our child with maids and knights to watch over him?"

43