Chapter 28 : One Big Happy Family
111 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Feng's hand was inside the space bag to the wrist joint he was able to somehow see what was inside the bag with his head!

It was such a strange feeling because he was still looking with his eyes at the wolves, clearly the naughty trio were getting bored.

While in the same time the projection in his head was an empty silver walled room with a green line in the center of each wall, the silver tiles below him had decorations drawn on them that looked weird to Feng's eyes and after just one second of looking he was dizzy!

Hurrying to look away from the tiles and up he saw no roof to this small room and the transparent image of a giant hand dangling in the air.

Is that my hand? Whoa! This is so sick, check-out this finger dance.... cultivators could do amazing thigs indeed. Oh, I'm so excited right now that I almost forgot about my Qi thing. Gotta focus here.

Looking inside the room for his gifts after remembering Meirong's previous warning, Feng found three items in the corner of this small room, once his thought of going that short three meters distance towards them to pick them up from the floor and see what are they.

Only then did Feng discover that he couldn't move from where he stood, but that large hand caught them and returned out of the silver room with them between it's giant fingers.

"Bang....."

"Yelp...."

Poor guy Harmony was startled by the large box that fell on the desk a few inches near his head out of seemingly nowhere, while the three other wolves quickly got in battle mode when they saw it happen from the far end of the study where Feng told them two orders at the same time before going to sit on his desk and harmony curiously looking from beside him.

Their orders were to stay and sit, seeing that despite this development in the situation this trio still followed his orders made Feng's chest swell with pride for teaching them well.

"Calm down everyone, it's alright. Sorry you got startled boy, it wasn't intentional."

"Whine...."

Patting Harmony's head while apologizing seemed to touch base and the wolf moved closer then stretched himself up to rest his two forelimbs on top of the desk and started to smell the black box, small book and three bottles of pills.

"So these green pills are called vitality pills and can help speeding up the process of wounds healing and increase the effects of martial training, I guess martial is referring to physical training. The effect lasts for a month and normally gives triple the results on the first pill taken, double on the second, if you're lucky you'll still get double the benefits on the third but usually it just gives you more stamina to train for longer durations and it loses it's effects afterwards which means eating the fourth pill would be wasting it. Pretty neat, and she gave me nine of these vitality pills. How generous of her, but if she hadn't done that to my women I would've been really thankful right now."

Taking the rolled paper from between the lids of the black box and unfurling it, Zhu Feng started reading the first introduction on it then raised the bottle of green pills then counted them one by one.

"White pills are called bone fortification pills, each person can eat five pills before their affects are nullified by the body's immunity. Just like their name they make the bones stronger and the effect is different from one person to another, it is still well known that people who eat one pill would require double their normal amount of food daily. At least! The effects of the pill is gone when the person experience a few days of severe hunger which is very intense followed by a day or two with loss of appetite so bad that you puke your food a few minutes after eating. That's because your body is expelling all the impurities and flawed particles that the bone fortification pill managed to remove from the bones during the process of strengthening them, let's see how many in this one, fifteen pills! Another three portions from our generous molester."

"Next is.... These ones aren't the same color! Or did she make some kind of a mistake and leave the wrong pills in this pottle? Let's read the introduction first.... Uh-huh. Red ones are called blood purification pills and this paper say, these pills filter accumulated impurities in the blood from every drop inside the body and extract some impurities too from the liver and kidneys then expels them by urinating frequently. While the purple ones are called augmenting circulation pills and they reinforce the blood pathways, I guess they mean the veins and arteries by that. Each pill is taken twice yet it's preferably taken two by two with each time being one pill from each kind, twelve pills in this bottle too. Was Meirong thinking about my women when she left me these pills? Was she having evil intentions by doing that? Hrrrrmm, what do you guys think?"

"Awoo.... Awoo.... Awooo.... Whine...."

"I'm sorry dear Harmony, but I'm with your siblings in their opinion. Fuck I really wanted to spank her big butt and squeeze her boobs, if she had boobs! anyway, I really hate her for what she did to my women that white haired demoness. Yet I'm starting to feel thankful for her gifts, she had such a perfect ass and such a sad and flat chest yet such a beautiful and cute face. Her punches and kicks made me really want to scream from pain and her style of combat and techniques were genuinely taken to perfection, but she was cruel and kept breaking my bones and if it wasn't for the butler's amazing skill which healed me back good as new..... Sigh, I hate myself for being weak and even more for missing the one who bullied me."

Zhu Feng spoke the benefits of the third bottle's pills and again he found three portions inside then started to question the intentions of the beauty, after his wolves gave their votes he went along with the majority vote then started to remember the times Yin Meirong bullied him and broke his bones or sparred with him and still broke his bones.

Looking at his arms while saying that last line, he clenched his fists while images of the countless times he got surrounded by the street gang replayed super fast in his brain side by side with the images of his time suffering something comparably worse at Meirong's hands.

Both of the times he was bullied no questions about it, yet in Meirong's case he was being taught the hard way too.

He would be left unconscious by the local gang and dumped in the trash containers or left in the street corner or alley where he was surrounded, Feng would wake up covered in mud or dirt or waken up by falling rain or snow.

A few times he would find his clothes or shoes taken by someone and everytime he would wake up covered in wounds, bruises and sore joints plus the headaches that became his only friend over the years.

Yet in Meirong's case he would be suffering from many and more bones broken and ribs fractured and broken on top of many internal wounds and muscles torn from here to there, then after a gentle touch and strange swirling heat inside his body he would regain his normalcy again good as new.

That was only whenever she left him conscious on purpose just to make fun of him on her own way, which mostly consisted of boob touching.

The local gang would keep cursing, spitting, and sometimes urinating on him and try to pull his inner demon which Zhu Feng always kept in check around these guys and let them have their way because honestly he never cared to get angry at these guys, he felt disgusted with them and felt pity for them because they're not worth his anger. He always knew that he can take two or three of them before the majority which always wins in these occassions prevails his burst of courage, it just wasn't worth it.

With Meirong he would get taunted verbally but such attempts were cute in comparison to what Zhu Feng experienced before and would always make him smile inside, yet he still fought her with all he got despite knowing how dangerous that small lone individual could be, he gave it his all everytime despite knowing that she's going to break many bones of his body and give him the type of pain which he could barely endure.

The sour pain of failure was Feng's unendurable, his character was always judgemental and would take it's time to calculate the gains and losses from every action before he takes it.

However, he wasn't merciful on himself when he fails after he starts doing something, because he gave it enough time to avoid failing previously.

How could I miss this? how could I forget that? Would cilcle in his head and almost drive him crazy while he's already working on fixing his errors!

For him taking these women into his care was a responsibility to protect them, yet seeing his women getting groped by other hands made him feel like dying inside. Thankfully they're a woman's hands because if they were a man's then Feng wouldn't hesitate taking the matter of revenge to his death.

Meirong did teach him a lot of things and these gifts were precious indeed, the first three pill bottles are probably going to give him some noticeable improvements.

Not to mention that he has two more complete portions, he was starting to think about keeping a portion for himself and splitting the two portions on his captains.

Humph. That white-haired must've been aiming to make my wives stronger, that way both of them would be able to beat me together.

What if their slender and soft bodies end-up growing thick, veiny, and tough muscles after taking any of these pills? My ladies wouldn't transform into one of these professional female body-builders from back on earth.... would they? Then I'm bound to get my ass handed to me whenever an argument happens! Ptooey.

Once these thoughts came to his mind.... then Zhu Feng is certainly never going to give his women any of these pills.

"Whine...."

"Yes I'm getting distracted indeed, she's gone now and our peaceful days are back. Let's see what's next on this list..... Howling Wind Sword Art! She left me a sword technique you guys, this is amazing you know and the name has the word howling in it too."

"Awooo-"

"Be quiet Thunder!"

"Yelp...."

Zhu Feng almost jumped from joy when he knew that he finally has a systematic technique in his grasp instead of his crude basic moves which he tried for a few months now to combine them into a set of moves then refine these moves in his head, but god knows if they'll actually work in real life action.

His sparring with the men never enabled Feng to go all out especially after he experienced the aftereffects of swallowing the previous pill, he was head and shoulders above his men in strength and their sparring matches was mainly reliant on technique and in that aspect when it came to swordsmanship he was quickly catching up to those good in using them.

Now that he has a sword art in his hands he can train on it and explore new areas other than basic techniques and moves like slashing, hacking, chopping, cutting, parrying, blocking, piercing, etc.

From what he understood from the experienced swordmen in his guards, the difference between a sword art and basic sword technique is not very different yet can make a very great difference in a fight.

Point is, basic sword techniques and advanced sword techniques or any swort art at all, they all use the same thing which is the sword itself to injure or suppress the opponent.

Then why is there a great difference between advanced sword techniques and the basic ones? The answer is the way these sword arts compile different points into a very well studied and refined set of moves.

Which are the nature of the attack be that piercing, slashing or whatever that attack of the sword is named with a certain footwork and body movement that give your next attacks certain fluidity and pressure that build's up with every attack, the final result is that if your maximum amount of strength is ten for example then the technique or sword art can make you achieve more power above your normal.

Of course that was all in theory and many elements can either diminish or improve the results of each duel or battle, while there's many other factors which can crumple common sense like talent or scale of perfection on each single one of the basic techniques excellence and attainments on footwork and much more.

But it was always known that sword arts has the advantage of making talentless individuals skip too many unnecessary points that could hinder their improvements and focus on specific aspects which they can refine, yes that would leave them with flaws in their overall techniques end but they would win by focusing of their advantages instead of wasting time on disadvantages which might or might not be improved in the end.

It was like a situation of you gain some and you lose some, Zhu Feng has been spending more than a year now doing nothing but refining the only thing he knows which is basic sword techniques.

He was sick to his stomach of the endless repetition with these techniques and wanted something new just to break the monotonous routine, it wasn't like he was going to abandon his basics now when he got that Howling Wind Sword Art manual.

"Now I'm excited for what's inside this box let's see..... Hahaha. look! He made me a helmet and an armor, Ill really miss the old man. He did take good care in fixing me up and now he took good care by making me this thing, tsk tsk I'm speechless really. It's a full-body three pieces and his craft put Tang Tengfeng and Da Donghai combined to shame, maybe I would dare and give him a hug if he was here right now."

*****

"Cough....."

"Hrrrmm..... Last time I saw grandpa Song cough was two centuries ago, should I land so that we can take a break?"

While flying on a piece of desert which had it's sand dunes half covered in darkness and half lit by the moonlight, Song Yunru's chest suddenly felt clogged and a cough escaped his throat.

Looking down at her grandpa Song who took care of her since she was younger than Zhu Feng, Yin Meirong felt worried for the man she held by the shoulder and flew non-stop at her top speed for a few hours now and felt sorry for him.

They could block the air from their bodies with their Qi force but that would drain more of his tank and she's currently using hers to maintain her flight.

They always work as a team and before she succeeded in opening her sky palace they would either travel at a slow pace then keep their Qi force expenditure in check with periodical rests in-between, or if they're in a hurry one would carry the other and run while the one being carried would focus on recovering his.

Now that she can fly they agreed that she'll go all out then take her rest while her grandpa Song and Snow would guard her until she recovers her lost Qi force and fill her tank then Snow enters the beast bag again then they repeat.

"Just this once but we'll leave once you're full little Mei."

"Let's go down then, Snow takes the first guard while you try and get some rest too. You can help him if something comes up anyway."

With that they started to land at an elevated sand dune.

*****

"Hueck..... Cough..... Cough....."

"You alright master Tang?"

"Huff.... Probably too much fire toxins accumulated in me, I've been here for long anyway some rest wouldn't hurt. Make sure these get delivered to my private workshop once they're done, the general is coming to receive them in person with his personal detachment and a column of the king's guard led by the third prince. We can't look bad in front of the royal family."

*****

"You alright Donghai? Here drink some water."

"I really thought I was going to die just now, ptooey madam Cho's ale really can kill."

"Snort, then stop drinking too much all the time you moron, you're a father now humph. Look at little Feng and how capable he became, had I known he would rise so high then I might've snatched him back in Rock city. Tsk, me and my shortsightedness, but I still have a trump card up my sleeve but it isn't ready to be revealed yet. I keep telling you sister Baozhai, you're spoiling him too much."

*****

While Feng's long range curse was at work and almost choking people to death, he was preparing to eat the first two pills from the first bottle of his choice.

After carefully analyzing the four different types of pills and the one he already took before, Feng made a plan which is entirely made up based on his conclusions and theory which had some relations to his previous life's medical knowledge.

The first pill that he took in this life was given to him by Lili after she saw his wounds and it did nothing other than helping him heal faster, the second marrow washing pill had a much larger side-effect and a very drastic change as a result on his bodily capabilities.

Back in his mother earth he was obsessed with knowing things in general and amongst them was that piece of information about how blood has a very good relationship with bone marrow, something about stem cells and how these cells are responsible for creating blood in the first place.

Now that his marrow got washed off of it's impurities with one pill and there's this blood purification pill and the compatible twin which is augmenting circulation pill then there's some kind of connection here, for him that was better than taking one of the bone fortification pills or the vitality pills.

The blood purification pill further removes impurities from the blood as well two vital organs while the augmenting circulation pill would ensure his veins and arteries are further upgraded, Feng can take the bone fortification pills after he's done with the second doze of these red and purple pills then finish the medicine course with vitality pills and intensive training to accompany it while hoping for the best results in the end.

"Wish me luck guys, yes we're doing it right here and now! Come here and blow on my pills, don't push Night you know I hate bullies and these are your beloved siblings. Oy Thunder don't lick them, not you too Joy! Humph, Ill be very furious if your saliva causes some chemical reaction, huh! Harmony you traitor they really are turning you..... Night! Spit them out right now, fuck open your mouth you glutton or Ill really pull each one from your stomach if I have to."

Finally deciding to start right away Feng thought of making these quad participate in the occasion for some luck and the situation escalated worse than earlier, it started with a curious deep smell from them then wary taste with the tongue from Thunder followed by Joy then Harmony which almost felt like betrayal to Feng's limitless trust in him.

Just when he was trying to correct the attitude of the most obedient and his personal favorite wolf, the mightiest wolf dared to take the two pills into his mouth and if it wasn't for Feng's threatening yell then he would've dared to swallow them.

After a second of silence followed by an attempt to throw an empty threat at his best friend and show his teeth, Night felt a heavy pressure when his friend squinted his eyes and partly exposed his teeth in return then crouched lower with his body.

Seeing his three siblings lower their ears and retreat from the premises with their tails stuck between their legs told Night that he's in this fight on his own if he didn't submit, still the little things in his mouth tasted very good and he knew it in his gut that if he ate them he'll become even more mightier.

Finally after looking in the eyes of his friend one last time and knowing that eating them would mean losing his trust forever, Night walked closer slowly then opened his mouth for Feng to take them.

"Moon wolf, very sensitive to blood Dao, blood purification pill, augmenting circulation pill, rarely able to ascend to the demonic beast realm. Hey, it's alright Night. You can eat it boy, go on I promise I won't be angry with you if you did. Give me a kiss, hug, shake, now sit. Good boy, you're going to be peeing all over my garden from now on huh huh huh! Come you three, here these are yours Thunder never piss inside my manor or on the bushes of the hallways I know you like to do that, Joy you're welcome to use my bathroom to do it but never do it by pointing your butt from the balcony just to enjoy watching it sprinkling down I know everything about it and my guards are very angry with you because they get showered with it, and my sweet sweet Harmony who couldn't resist the temptation hehehe don't be shy come and take your share boy there's no instructions from me because I know that you visit the stables to relieve yourself then have a little race with Shadow."

Zhu Feng felt something click inside his brain when Night didn't misbehave, he was especially reminded of Harmony's eyes when he licked the two pills to get a taste.

As if he was hypnotized and just couldn't resist his primal urges and basic instinct, crouching down and calming the unwilling wolf with a gentle touch on the soft area below the jaw and giving it a soft scratch he helped the black wolf who is covered in battle scars close his mouth and told him to swallow with no fear at all for a chance in Feng going back on his words.

In a heartbeat and without hesitation Night swallowed both pills, seeing some faint worry still remaining in the wolf's eyes made Feng's heart go soft and he calmed him with the game of follow my orders.

The three wolves who were feeling tension in the air between their friend and brother earlier were happy and wagged their tails and cheered up when they saw them play together, yet they all were starting to feel jealous of their large brother for being the only one allowed to eat these small things.

He was being naughty and just got scolded by their friend, how come he's being rewarded without behaving himself like they were taught since they were young pups?

Soon after Thunder and Joy were rubbing themselves with their friend and giving him their love after he gave them the same reward like their big brother, their kind brother was feeling shy but he couldn't wait to take his reward too.

Their temperature is rising at a startling speed, I better take my share and see if that's the normal effect.

I better hide these things back in the Space-Bag before I try the Pills.... just in case! Just now while pushing the box inside the bag I felt some sort of a prickling-pain below my stomach, was that it? Sadly there's not time for me to investigate right now. Gotta do that later then.

Pulling the green string on the bag to close it's mouth then tying it into a simple knot before folding the silver silk bag and hiding it back in his pocket, Feng then sat amidst his wolves and stuffed the red and purple pills in his mouth then swallowed them.

Once Zhu Feng swallowed these pills he understood why these four wolves almost instantly slumped flat on their bellies when they ate them, inside his stomach Feng felt like there's a small fire that got ignited and kept growing bigger and it's flames moved deeper and shallower from where it started.

Must be my blood that's being purified.

Ugh! That one really stung me near the heart, is it the work of that Augmenting-Circulation Pill? How long would that torment happen? Are these guys even capable of taking this type of pain? It's becoming unbearably hot in here.... there's even steam rising from their fur!

Hold-on you guys.... you have to, be strong like your mother now.

I really wouldn't dare face her if anything bad happened to any of you.

"Grrrr....."

"Yelp...."

"Woowoo...."

"Whine...."

"Owww holy! What the fuck was that? Was that what you just felt earlier? Well you guys are a bunch of pansies it was noth- ouch! owwwww! fuck, someone please make it stooooop. My heart will exploooode, Yin Meirong is a wicked bitch I knew it..... Huff..... Huff..... Finally it's over."

By the time it was over finally, the four wolves and Zhu Feng were a heap of bodies chaotically on top of one another and making the whole study smell really bad considering that they're swimming in some nasty looking and smelling weird and disgusting liquid, yet none of them was able to move yet and their bodies kept periodically twitching from pain.

Hardly gathering some of his strength and pushing Thunder's body from above his chest with a pair of hands that can't be any weaker than their current state, finally Feng managed to slide his body from beneath the wolf and thanked his luck that this disgusting liquid was slippery to help his feeble limbs in their action.

Groggily standing up and using pieces of furniture to reach the door of his study, Feng's arms fumbled with the lock to open it and once he leaned on them to open he was met with the frowning looks of every member of that unfortunate team of guards who happened to be on tonight's shift.

"Oh for fuck sake throw me and my pups in a swimming pool filled with soap and scrub us for three weeks, my heart is killing me ya sons of bitches and I feel like I'm going to burn from all this heat."

Saying that while barely holding himself up Feng fell face first and was totally expecting someone to at least help by cushioning his fall and saving his brain from the extra and totally unwanted pain, yet none of the guards dared to stretch their foot to help out of fear of having some of that widely famous stink of their Lord Feng from defiling their perfectly smelling innocence!

"You're fired assholes."

3