Forget Until the End
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hex was sitting on the edge of a twin-size bed, waiting for Elaine to show up. He was gathering his thoughts, about how he had completely lost interest in Din and how she was the one he loved, He didn't care about it being a love spell, he felt that his decisions were sound, and he hoped that she would respect his wishes, not only to prevent his heart from breaking even more, but to keep her from dying and never coming back, which is what Kalan told him the end result would be.

He heard a light knock on his door, and perked up. It must be her, he rushed over to open the door with a smile on his face. As soon as he got to the door he remembered what she said, and his smile faded. It was even painful to grab and turn the doorknob to let her in, because he knew she would leave her, because to her it wasn't right.

“Elaine?” he asked. She walked past him into the room, their eyes met for only a second, and he could see the pain in those eyes. It crushed him, how she thought she was doing the right thing, even though she was going against his new wishes.

“I found the spell to remove the love spell, and one to lock away your memories of the whole thing until a certain time,” she said sadly.

“Elaine please, I know you think I've been brainwashed, but I feel my feelings are genuine. I've had time to think about it to, I'm willing to leave Din for you, and have been, for days, don't you understand? Why do you still not respect my decisions?” he asked.

“I can't let this continue, it's much too painful for me, I will never be able to reciprocate if you are under any kind of love spell like this. It has to be natural. I know that once I remove the spell, my chances will return to zero.” She shook her head.

“Knowing what I know now though?” he retorted.

“I said I would lock your memories of this away, they will only come back once I am gone, to prevent you from being denied the memories forever,” she said.

“You mean when you... You can't do that! That's wrong! Can't you see? You can't deprive me of the only memories that can save you! Isn't that wrong too?” he begged

“It would be wrong of me to let you keep such memories if I'm still around. I didn't say I would deny you them forever, just until I'm gone,” she said.

“But I don't want you to die! I know you don't believe me but it's how I feel!” He put his hands on her shoulders, but she pulled away. She was cold to the touch, which he believed to be a bad sign.

“Don't. You will only make me hurt more like this.” Her pained expression threatened to destroy him.

“I'm going to put a sleeping spell on you before I perform the others.” She raised her arm.

“So I won't fight back? See, even you can tell that I'm adamant in how I feel.”

“I just don't want you to change back while I'm still here in the room, that would hurt me even more, and I'm trying to minimize the damage,” she said as sigils sprung from in front of her hand.

“I don't want to go back.” He felt tears pool under his eyes, and then his eyes got heavy, as well as his body. He couldn't move, he felt like his entire body was made up of heavy bricks. He fell to the ground with a thud, his eyes refusing to open even though he fought with all his might. He lost consciousness, the sleep spell winning over him.

0