A Big Mistake
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elaine was killing demon hunters alone, just to clear her mind. She was already so weak, even with all the medicine she was pumping into her body just to be able to function. She felt she was nearing the very end. She felt a familiar negative energy, and knew it was Turbuk. He walked out from an alleyway, and she wiped the yellow goo from her sword.

“What do you want now? You can live without a few hundred demon hunters, at least that's how much of a dent I believe I will be making in between the time the curse was put on me and by the time I'm gone.” She huffed.

“So what did you do with your romantic interest? I see you still have the curse upon you, were you able to reverse it?” he asked with a grin.

“Yes, and I locked his memory of the entire thing away, including his knowledge of the curse.” She didn't want to tell him it was an easy reversal, just in case he said something that would make her change her mind.

“Ah, I see. Well, they should be getting married soon. The best part is that he's going to die by his woman's hand. She isn't who you think she is.” He chuckled.

“What?” She felt her eyes widen in shock. Was she wrong about her all this time?

“She's a golem sent by my partner in crime Terraiyah, we reached an... Agreement, so we could take the apple of your eye out of the picture, he is too dangerous.” He tutted.

“You bastard, I'll find a way to stop her, and you two in the process.” She was surprised he gave her such information, maybe she was too weak to possibly do anything? She had an idea to ask her mother, and apologize to her in the process, and tell her there is still hope.

“I doubt that, you are much too weak.” He laughed and walked back into the alleyway.

She went to find her mother as soon as she could. She called Zlyena to have her mother come to a desired location as soon as possible, telling her to tell her mother that something came up and that there was still hope to save her life.

As soon as she saw her mother, she fell to her hands and knees and started to beg.

“I found out from Turbuk that Diana is a golem, and Zlyena says he's only days from marrying her! There has to be something you can do to help me! I want to live, I want us both to live! There has to be something, anything!” She had her head down, she looked at the floor as tears streamed down her face.

“There is one thing you can do, but it would destroy your disguise as well.” Cara, her mother, said.

She really didn't want to show him any of her weaknesses because of his previous behavior, but if she could get enough power to remove the locked away memories and somehow get rid or his brainwashing, she would do it.

“Anything to remove possible brainwashing”? She looked up at her mother with foggy vision because of her tears.

“I can teach you the spell to do such a thing, but will you be able to perform it?” her mother asked.

“If I can't, I will ask Kalan to do it, he will come with me, as will Pain.” She blinked away the tears out of her eyes, sniffled and wiped her face with her glove.

“Very well, take this.” Her mother handed her a medium sized circular bottle with a light blue liquid in it.

“What's this?” She looked at it, and then looked back up to her mother.

“An old Zoriyan magic potion that removes all disguises. All you have to do is throw it in the desired room, it will not go out any doors or windows, so do not throw it outside, it must be in the desired room.” Her mother got onto one knee and looked her in the eyes.

“And what of the brainwashing removal spell?”

“Another ancient Zoriyan spell, it seems Turbuk and his cohort forget that I have read an entire library's worth of books, spellbooks and potion making books as well as weapon crafting and history books alike.” Her mother gave her a small smile and patted her hat.

“So I just need to conserve energy? Maybe I can have Kalan lend me some of his, I need to do the spells myself, it's my problem, I will solve it.” She wobbled as she got up. She looked to the potion, and her heart sank, she didn't want Hex to see her like that, but there was no other way to fix everything.

0