Chapter 2
147 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 · Thinking

She stood their next to me. Her eyes seemed to go right to my soul. I tried to speak, already knowing that it was going to hurt. 
"I... I," my voice strained sounding like a whisper.

"Well if you won't talk now then maybe you will when I get back. Look I'm sorry but I have to get to work but I will be back soon, ok," the lady said as she started to walk away leaving the door open.

I tried wiggling again when I heard a door somewhere else slam. My skinny frame did little against the thickly wrapped tape around me. I sat there and with little else to do, apart from a look around the mostly large empty room that seemed to have some boxes in the corner, I started to think.
How had it come to this? I was going to end it and now I'm in some weirdos room. A weirdo that saved me. Somehow. And now she thinks I won't talk to her. All because of that one day this is what I have become. 


I was ten when it happened. My brother had been driving me and himself to our new home when the bridge we going under fell onto the car. It had happened quickly. There was no pain. One moment I was telling him how all my friends had given me cards and how they all said goodbye then I awoke in a white title room.
The doctors told me what happened and how my brother body was missing. I had no one to look after me at first. I think that's why they told me. Maybe because they believed the best way to tell me that I had just lost everything was as bluntly as possible. It hadn't. 
I sat there crying for what felt like days which is when I lost my voice. At first, the nurse had likely believed I was just grieving by being so silent. It was when my uncle had come to see me that the penny dropped for them. 


As I sat thinking about it all my eyes feel to the doorway. Red eyes looked back at mine. My throat dried. My heart started beating faster. The eyes of a hunter.
I looked closer. Unable to look else were or run as I was still bound. The body moved out of the Shadow of the doorway.

All I could hear was my heart beating away.


"So your the reason Zoey slept on the sofa," came the whispering voice from behind the door, " I thought something was odd but this I didn't expect."

The air became frozen. I could see my own breath like mist.

"So where did she find you," the whisper sounded again. I could see her now as she seemed to drift towards me. She looked normal. Short night black hair and those blood red eyes that meet mine with a look of a cat that had just found a new toy. She wore running clothes over a muscled body.

She was next to me now. Overlooking my bound form. I was shaking. This was too much. The last thing I remembered was her hand reaching out. The feeling of being crushed. Then I fainted. 


A light seemed to creep into view. My body. It was so slow like I had just woken up from a year-long rest.

"How... I said ... you ..." I could hear a voice. As Slowly as I could I rolled my head over to hear it better.

"You never said anything about warding your room. It not my fault that you used a cheap fear ward," Came a voice I recognized as the creepy lady from before I... fainted I guess. This had been a long day. "Anyway, why is this my fault you kidnapped a girl and set wards up in my flat!"

"First of all its are flat and can you blame me for the wards we've been in this flat for less than a day and you have broken into my room." came the second voice. It sounded like that red hair girl. Didn't that other girl say her name was Zoey or something?

"The door was open. Hey wait a second, you didn't say why you had an elf tried up. You're not trying to sell her are you." These two could be a TV show. Wait did she say I was an elf and what's this about selling me. I tried to slowly open my eyes to see their faces. As I did it took me a second to focuses but when I did I wish I haven't.

The two girls, Zoey and scary lady, stood face to face. They looked like two kids fighting over a toy. As I looked around more I could see more of the room I was now in. It looks like I had an upgrade and now sat unbound on a sofa in the middle of the living room. More box's lined the room which was painted in a simple white with a nice wooden edging. A large window seemed to be overlooking a road. As I looked up I could see a setting sun. That meant I had been here at least a day.

Then I eyed my escape. There sat a door down a short hallway wide open with a numbered brass 23 affixed to it. Ever that was the front door or I really was going insane. At this point, I would take the risk of it not being the door out than with my kidnapper and the scary lady. Those now I look at her stamping her feet like a toddler I was a bit less scary.

I wiggled to test my legs. They were heavy but they would have to do for now. I crept along. Ever so slowly. Soon I was right on the edge of the leather sofa. I let my foot drift down to the wooden floorboards. I looked up at the two. Never seemed to be looking at me. My second foot touches the floorboards ever so gently. I pushed off the sofa and onto the floor keeping low.

Like a snail, I crept toward the door. Ready to run of it at any time. My heart was like thunder as my legs and arms pulled me along.

"CREEK" went the floor under me

"THUD" went the knife that hit the floor next to me.

I jump and legged it. My legs were like lead. My mouth dry. But I refused to die here.

"No, wait." I heard as I ran to the door.

I ran. Past the over doors to the side and to open one at the end.

I so close until he walked into the door frame.

Thanks all for reading. Any feedback is welcome

0