Chapter 3
98 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 · Charmed

There he stood with one hand of coffee cups and in the over a small book. His small form, sleepy blue eyes and untamed messy brown hair screamed book worm. As he looked at me his eyes widen. A look of shook covers his face.

I ran right at him making him jump out of the way. A small whimper came out of his mouth as I barrel past him. Then I see the lift.

"Wick grab her" I heard one of the women yells.

"What... why?" I hear the man called wick shout his voice edged with confusion.

"Now!" One of the women say. Then I hear a click of fingers and my legs are bound. I fall face forward into one of the shut lift doors. If I could have screamed I would have instead a small whimper came out of my mouth. "Ow".

"Er, what's going on?" Came the sound of Wicks' voice over the quickening footfall.

"Not now, " came one of the girl's voices. Zoey I think from the way it was softer but then I have just hit my head. I'm not a doc but I think that not a good idea. Oh god, now I'm talking to my self while I'm about to be re-kidnapped.

Slowly I felt body get picked up. I look up to see the scary lady's face not even change as she lifted me. Wow, she was strong. Felt kind of nice to be moved like this. In a pair of nice strong arms.

No no no. What the hell is going on I should be trying to claw her. Yet as I looked at her deep red eyes I felt myself get lost in them.

"Er, why is she looking at me like that. How bad did that fall look to you, Wick." She voice hummed. I felt her rock hard chest and wiggled closer to her.

"Get her in. My charm won't last long" I heard a voice say quickly somewhere behind me.

"This is super weird." Her voice sounded again as I tried to force myself up to her.

"Click" came a sound behind me.

"You can put her down now" came Zoe's voice with a few giggles.

I felt my body placed into one of the sofas in the living room. All my body hurt. From my head to my toes.

"She should come out of it soon." came Wicks' voice. I turn to look at him. As my eyes found him he quickly looked away to the others now also sitting.

"Remind me, Wick, why you have that charm." came the lady's voice.

"Well... sometimes I need information and the best way to get it quickly is by charming them. I mean not that much but I wasn't sure if it would work on her as she looks so fey like and as you know..." he carried on slowly getting redder and redder.

"Sure Wick," came the scary/hot lady's voice edged with disbelief "so how long until she's not like this."

"Soon. I hope. Anyway Bane why are we kidnapping this girl." he muttered.

So that was their names. Zoey strict and warm, Bane scary/hot and wick nerdy and weird. Then suddenly it happened. Like the world pucked up speed. I don't know what just happen but everything seemed to lose its warm fluffiness.

"What did you do to me? What do you want from me?" I said as loudly as I could but it still came out as loud as a whisper. Their heads turned as one to look at me.

My words seemed to bring silence to the room. Wick looked at Bane who then looked at Zoey in turn.

"Well. When I found you I couldn't just leave you. I mean you might have tried to... redo it." Zoey said slowing closer to the end.

Everyone was still staring at her wait for her to continue.

"Z is this about you know who?" Bane asked with a frown.

"No no. Maybe. I don't know. " she muttered sinking into the chair more.

...

"Well," Wick said slowly look back to me "I'm Flitwick but everyone just calls me Wick. What's your name."

I look at him. Was he joking after all of this that's the first thing he asked?

"Err. I'm sorry that we have not met in a better light but if it makes it any better I got you a drink." He said placing down a red coffee cup next to me.

I looked at it then back at him.

"I'm Jade," I whispered. His face turned to one of concern.

"Are you ok. Did someone," he turn to look at the others "hurt your throat."

I shook my head
"Its been like this for a while."

He nodded his head. 
"I think we should all take a rest. Today has been more than odd," At that, he stood up and started to walk toward the door. "Bane takes care of them I'm going to look something up."

"Yes, mom." Bane said while rolling her eyes.

With that, I heard the door close with a click.

"Zoey is it just me or is wick becoming more of an ass," Bane said in a dead tone.

"He's got lots going on. Felix has him doing some stuff on trying to expand a bit. Leave him be." Zoey sigh.

"So what you going to do with her." Bane nodding her head at me.

"I think we should let her have some red juice and sleep. She's not looking too great."

"What do you mean we, I have to go unpack. Unlike some, I can't go picking up random people." Bane groaned.

"I'm still here," I whispered raising my hand a bit.

Zoey seemed to jump a bit and her face started turning red. "Right, right," she looked around before offering her hand to me

"sorry let's get you cleaned up."

I looked down at her hand. I had no reason to trust her. She saved me but I had wanted to end it.

I look up at her and the little smile that normally on her face wasn't there. But her eyes. They still had that light in them. The glowing warmth. 
"Let me explain. Please," she said so quietly I knew it was only for me to hear.

I reach out and took her hand. They were soft and seemed to fit mine like a glove. 
She smiled again and lead me to her room. She walks towards some of the box's and graded a t-shirt. "Here," she said giving it to me "I know its a bit big but it's better than the one you have. No offence."

With that, she turns around back to the door. She slowly took her hand back and with it a bit of the warmth. "I'm going to let you get changed. Theres a bathroom over there," she said pointing to the corner I hadn't seen. "Let me know when you're done."

With that, the door closed and I was on my own again. I looked down at the t-shirt in my hand. It was pink with a logo I didn't know about it. It looked like an eye with a second eye in the middle of it. I sniffed it, smelling a smokey ash like smell. It was nice in an odd way.

I headed towards the bathroom. It was small with a painted white wall's. It had a toilet, sink, shower and a large mirror on the wall. I walk up to it and looked at my self.

My normal dirty golden hair was a mess and my face wasn't much better. Somehow I had missed the cut on my cheek and I had a large purple bruising already forming on the side of my head probably from the fall. My sunken cheeks were still pale white like the rest of my face; I had always found it hard to put weight on so much that people say it stunted my growth.

I found something off about myself and as I looked I found I didn't have my necklace my uncle had given me. I didn't remember taking it off. Maybe it fell off.

As I was looking down I could see why Zoey had given me a new shirt. my old one was ripped and seemed to have a few drops of blood on it. I took my old one off to see my thin frame. Soon I had Zoe's shirt on. It was hanging off one shoulder and was more like a shirt but it was better than the old one.

Soon I heard the soft knocks on the door.

0