Chapter 4
91 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 · Eyes

I walked up to the door and opened it just a crack.

"Can I come in now?" Zoey asked. I nodded and opened the door fully.

Slowly she walks over and sat by the bed and patted the sheets next to her. She seemed to have taken off the suit and replaced it with some purple cotton pyjamas.

"Come sit here. Please," she asked quietly while smiling and pulling out the small tin pot.

I hobble over on my dead weight legs and fell next to her. I looked up at her as she removed the lid from the pot. Inside a red jam looking like liquid sat. It smelt like strawberry almost. She applied some to her fingers and then turned to look at me.

"This might sting a bit." She explained while moving her hand to my face.

Her hand was soft as she added the gel to my face. At first, I flinched when she moved toward me. But slowly I grew to like it. I didn't realise how close I was to her until I open my eyes to see her golden amber eyes and warm lips next to mine.

I look at her. I hadn't felt like this in forever. It had been almost three years since I had come out of my flat and even longer since I had been this close to someone. My cheeks burn with heat.

She looked back at me and smoothly whispered "I don't know why you wanted to... do it. End it. But I want you to know that I will not let anyone I know let themselves go like that. I've already lost someone that way and it won't happen again. Any time you want to talk I'm here."

With that, she sat up and walk to the over the side of the bed with a swing to her step.

"Now," clapping her hands together while declaring " you will sleep there and if you need me I will be right next to you."

And with that, she turns the light off and went to bed. I was still sitting there with my mouth open and cheeks blazing. Slowly I pull the cover out and lay down next to her.

My heart was beating faster. I stayed as still as I could. I could smell her sweet ash scent. I could feel her breathing next to me.

I had never felt like this. My mouth was dry. Wait. Was I gay? I slowly turn to look next to me to see her long hair. I'd had crushes on boys when I was growing up and this was like that times ten.

"I... um. Thank you" I stammered.

I looked at her too see her already fast asleep. So she was one of those people. I felt my heart still hamming away. At least it can't get worse I thought as my head rested on the pillow. This was a tomorrow me problem. 


I couldn't breathe. I felt crushed under something. All was dark. I tried to reach out with my hands to find Zoey lying on top of me. Her chest was lying across me and her head was next to mine.

I could feel her breath. And her red hair tickled my nose. I couldn't move her off me. Dam these weak arms and my useless body. Unlike hers. I could feel the sleek muscled arms wrapped around me like I was a teddy bear. Her shirt was raised up and I could see a slim body that had the start of a six pack form.

Dam it. I wasn't going to get any sleep like this my body is boiling. I tried to close my eyes and sleep. Later then I would have liked I fell asleep.

That was likely why I didn't see the dark green eyes looking at me from the Window. 


The light tickles my eyes. Slowly I awoke to the sound of traffic and the noise of the everyday life of London. For a second it felt like I was in my flat. Then I remember.

The cold. The fear. That feeling of not belonging anywhere.

But now I felt hot. Too hot. As slowly as I could I turned my head. She was next to me.

I could feel her breath on me and that smile on her face. It was... cute. Almost like a puppy. Inch by tiny inch I oozed my way out from under her.

I gently tiptoed to the bathroom and refreshed myself. As I got up I looked at myself in the mirror. As I started to wake up more and looked closer I realized something.

"Their gone" I stuttered. I poked were my cut had been but now it had almost gone just leaving a light scar.

As I exited the bathroom I could see her still asleep. I stopped. What was she? Who was she? She had done so much for me yet I didn't know her. I only knew her name.

Was I a bad person. I had dump myself on this lady. I had taken her bed and her time. She had even stopped me from feeling that nothingness.

Maybe I should l just leave. I start to turn to the door.

"Marw" the mumbled cried came from behind me.

I turn back. I walked closer to her. Little damp spots were on the sheet next to her. She was... crying.

"Mark" I heard it that time. It was someone's name.

I lead in closer and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Awwwwww" came her yell.

I felt the wind whoosh past me. Then I fell and hit the floor. Ow.

"Oh I'm sorry," she said while she jumps up and helped me up. She looked me up and down before hugging me. It was sudden. I felt myself lock up in shock. I could feel her heart against mine.

"I'm so happy you stayed" she hummed as I grew used to her warmth. It was like a soft cloud almost. I look around to see I was right next to her chest and her...

I started to glow red and my body started to try and wiggle out of her arms.

"How... did you do that," I asked as she let me go.

"Do what," she asked as she looked around at the bed "gross did you drool?"

"No, and I meant my face," I exclaimed quietly pointing at my face.

"Oh I just used a bit of healing gel" she smiled back. She was a morning person foreshore.

"Somewhat," I replied back

"You know... alchemists magic stuff," she said with a small frown and a raised eyebrow.

"Magics not real," I replied with a giggle. The stress was getting to me.

Zoey's frown deepened.


I looked at her. Her face didn't change. A mix of shock and confusion.

I started laughing. I couldn't help it. It was all a joke. Maybe this was just something made up in my head from the fall. Maybe I was dying right now and I was dreaming. Or maybe these people were just mad.

I looked back at her. The fear in her eyes. I stop laughing. This couldn't be fake because that fear on her face was not fake. It was real. So very real.

I felt her gripping me. Her mouth was moving but weirdly like time wasn't moving right and I could hear any sound. I felt odd. She pushed me toward the bed. I felt the air around me. I tried to breathe and found I couldn't.

As quick as it had happened it ended. Like that, I could hear her again.

"Jade you need to breathe. Calm down, you need to breathe." Zoey urged panic clear in her voice.

"I... am..." gasping "I... am"

Slowly the door to the hallway opened to show the form of Bane walking in quickly with a sword in one hand.

"Zoey you ok I heard shouting, its not those rats again is it. I knew they would find me I..." Bane stop as she looked around the room. Then she zeroed in on Zoe's panicked face then to me sitting on the bed still gasping for air.

" you, erm, ok in here." Bane turned to ask Zoey.

" I think we are now. I think Jade may have had a reaction to the healing daft or something." Zoey replied still looking me over.

"Alright then," she said trying to hide the very large blade behind her back "maybe it might be best for you to take her to see someone."

"I guess I could take him to see Felix." Zoey sighed seeming to calm down a bit now.

"Do you think that as a good idea. He super weird and you will have to ask Void" Bane replied who was now backing out the room slowly still trying to hide the blade. Why did she even have that thing? It was as long as my arm and looked to be made of some dark steel with a very sharp edge to it.

"It will be fine. We best get going now in case of anything else." Zoey insisted with a nod. She stood up and headed to the door. Turning back to look at me.

"Come on if we hurry we can get a coffee when coco opens up," before turning her head to Bane "You don't think that I'm blind do you. What did we say about blades in my room."

With a sigh from Bane, she walked off with her sword muttering something about "that one time..." before then going to a different room across the hallway.

I walked over to Zoey. As we headed down the hallway she grabbed a purse and keys before handing me a lightweight green coat.

"In case you get cold and to help cover up." She said with a wink as I look to see the oversized t-shirt falling off one shoulder.

With that Zoey opened the door.

This is up to chapter 10 on RoyalRoad. :)

0