Volume 1: Chapter 10 – Meetings
357 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[][][10][][]

John and Karl started to converse like old friends, talking about games, sports, food, and girls. The most favorite among boys. Where they compare one's girls proportions to another. Where they debate about why one girl has an attractive face while the other has an attractive body.

Then the topic proceeded to harems. Most especially the Harem Armaments they have. 

"So you also have a Harem Armament bro?"

"Yeah dude. I still can't manifest him because I need more...energy."

"Well, I've been practicing mine for quite awhile now. Here, I'll show you mine."

A bright orange light glowed in his eyes, manifesting two orange contact lenses with orange circular rings brimming with energy.

"This is my Kings Armament bro, The Lens of Envy. There's still more to this but this is the best I can do right now."

"Yo. My name's Envy but you can call me Enzo or Zo. You're friends with this loser? Seriously, this guys a coward. Can't even touch the hand of one of his harem without flinching like a wuss. Don't give me that face Loser. You know it's the truth."

Karl just laughed sheepishly, ignoring the insult being thrown at him, controlling his envy.

"Seriously Zo. You haven't changed a lot. You're still the same old arrogant bastard that I know."

"Hot damn, its you Luscious. Fuck, I thought it was somebody else but this is a surprise. Why did you antagonize his wielder, huh boy? We could've approached them and had a conversation. Tch, this is why I hate losers like you. Pretty boy with nothing else but that smile of yours that does nothing but hide the fact that you're completely average in everything else."

John was surprised by his partners lack of filter, ignoring the question as to why he was able to hear the voice of Karl's weapon speaking to Lu.

"Wow dude. You're partner is...interesting."

"Huh, so you must be John eh? Nice to meet you!"

"Uh...yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you Zo."

"That's what I''m talking about! Hey loser, you should have more confidence in yourself like your best friend here."

Karl just shrugged his shoulders, helpless against his weapon's barrage of insults.

"It's a good thing you awakened me partner since I could never sense Zo if that Joker person didn't release the seal on me."

If a voice could express surprise then it would be a strange sight to see.

"Woah, the Joker helped you out? Seriously? Then that person must have had a change of heart because as far as I remember, Joker loves making the lives of harem king and harems under his guidance and protection...interesting."

Luscious hummed in response, thinking of how to answer his question.

"He did send in some...sparring partners to kill time with. You know, those black creatures that use knives? I'm sure you've fought a few when Karl awakened."

"Of course I know about them because, get this: Karl nearly got killed fighting one of those things, and this guy knows martial arts. A skinny loser whose power is not enough to take out a weak enemy in a few hits. Ha! Even a white belt has a chance at beating that enemy with a bit of difficulty."

Karl's eyes twitched, reigning in his rebuttal to his comparison.

"Guess I got the better end of the deal since John's harem was more than enough to kill all of them. What can I say, I won the lottery."

Luscious heard Zo click his tongue, knowing that he was better than him in every single way.

"Arrogant bastard. It's no wonder then that you're the strongest among us. I wish this loser would be like your wielder even though they're best friends."

"C'mon Zo, give me a break. I at least tried, right?"

"...As much I hate to admit it, at least you tried...but you're still a loser though. You could've just relied on your harem instead of going to the front and slipping on your butt when you tried landing a kick on one them. "

Now he was sporting a blush, like a disciple being reprimanded by a student in front of other disciples.

"Aw man, why did you have to blurt out that secret?! You know I'm trying hard to keep up to your standards Zo. Seriously..."

"I have minimum standards but you barely pass them. Try harder next time, loser."

John thought he heard a tone of amusement from Zo's voice that made Karl happy despite the insult.

"Hey Lu. I got a question: Are we the only ones that can hear the two of you talk to each other?"

"Pretty much. However, once you grow stronger then you can also allow your harem to hear our voices. That's up to you though if you want them to hear about the perverted and perverse things you've been thinking about doing to them...you're already a perverted bastard to begin with so take their purity already."

"Well, at least you're you Lu. Even though you are vulgar with it."

Both boys returned to their classrooms, all the while chatting on their way there, with Luscious and Enzo having a conversation of their own.

[][][][][]

The two girls were now staring at each other, an air of mystery settling between them. The library was devoid of people, both entrance and exit blocked by a whirling wall of energy that kept them from the outside world.

They were seated in front of each other separated by a rectangular wooden table, and was located near the center of the library, next to a spinning catalogue of books. Joker was seated on a chair at the head of the table, legs-crossed as they waited for their other guest to appear.

"Interesting...very interesting. Hmm..."

Joker muttered to himself as he whispered some words that were incomprehensible even with Cara's sharp senses, lost in his own thoughts.

Gold colored eyes narrowed at the silver-haired beauty seated in front of her, who gave her a blank stare in response.

"...You're the girls who loves puppets, huh?"

Cara has seen her before, always standing on the lobby and observing people, asking questions like whether or not they like puppets and if they want to see how a living puppet is made. Since that day she returned in school and gave John as kiss, she kept seeing her standing at the exact same spot.

Asking about puppets. And more about puppets. To the point where students and even teachers started avoiding her when they passed her by, brisk movements enough to make her lose interest in asking questions.

She was also suspicious that she was not able to meet John and, if the rumors were true, Janice and the others. That every time she tried to visit his classroom she would always get lost. Whether by some mysterious force or not, it seems that something is blocking her from meeting him.

"Affirmative. And your the one who likes animals. Am I right?"

Sylvia on the other hand has seen Cara observing her, curiosity and wonder on her face. She didn't mind her presence at all and, in the sea of people that passed her by, refusing to answer her questions, it was a new feeling to be seen as somebody else other than an apathetic girl or a cold doll.

Furthermore, she's developed an interest in a boy. With a quick glance, enough to be undetectable even by John's senses, she saw Him with his 'admirers' and in her own eyes the ideal male body, a perfect specimen that she would like to dissect and explore.

As for her personal bodyguard Rio, she ordered him to stay at home because the invitation she received, a missive, is only for her and nobody else. 

And now both girls were staring at the other, trying to understand, to communicate, to create a connection. And Cara's icebreaker did the trick.

"Do you...create wooden puppets, like in puppet shows, or other puppets?"

"Hum. Not wood but still a puppet. Dolls. I also make dolls. Living dolls too. And devices."

"Err...so you invest stuff?" She just ignored the word 'living dolls,' so that she won't feel uneasy talking to her. 

"Yes. Any stuff. Gadgets and other items."

"Oooh...that' so cool!"

Slowly, they warmed up to each other, Cara becoming even more energetic and Sylvia becoming more...active in talking to her. They conversed about dolls and animals. Nature and creation. Topics that girls do not usually talk about due to their in-depth conversation that went beyond the surface.

Joker just listened to their conversation, still in deep concentration, lost in his own thoughts, their expression unreadable because of the white mask on its face.

A ripple from the barrier placed at the front revealed the appearance of John, who was now looking around the library and saw two girls and Joker, who now turned his direction towards him.

"Greetings, Sir John. I hope you don't mind if I need a little of your time once more?"

He sighed, starting to feel tired of all the meetings he has to attend to set up by Joker who sent him missives for meetings like this. From their first meeting to the meeting between his group and Joker.

And today he just received another missive, placed on top of his table, nobody noticing who delivered it to him. Its contents were that he meet up with two other future members of his harem. One whom he was familiar with, the other a new face.

"Yeah...well...I have to attend right? Because you said in your message that it was important."

"It is indeed important, Sir John. The reason is that you need to gather any possible members and these two here," Joker spread one of his hands towards the two girls, "have been marked as a part of your harem."

"Ehh???? H-Harem? What are you talking about?"

"I do not comprehend. Harem. Word Unknown. You are Him. My perfect specimen." 

Joker clapped his hands, getting their attention, and making a chair appear out of nowhere for John to sit on. Joker urged him to sit so that he would be comfortable, an awkward placement that Joker did not mind at all.

"Wait Joker. Who is she? The white haired girl with red eyes?"

"I am Sylvia. First Year Student Like You. I like dolls. I also create gadgets and other items. Nice to meet you."

John was...surprised. That someone beautiful like her would speak in an awkward manner and neutral tone. One that was devoid of warmth or intonation and sounded more like a robot.

"Uh...nice to meet you. I'm John. A first year same as you."

"Nice to Meet You John. I Want You...To be My Specimen."

"EHHHHHH?! What are you talking about?! John isn't a specimen. He's a human! A humaaaaaan!!!"

Wow, this is awkward. John thought. He just stood there, observing the interaction between Cara, his close friend, and Sylvia, the mysterious girl with silver hair and eyes the color of blood.

"You Worry Too Much. I Will Take Good Care Of Him."

"No!!! That's not how you take care of humans!!! How many times I've told you, not all humans are specimens!!"

"Irrelevant. He is  Still A Specimen. Do Not Worry. I Will Keep Him Alive."

"You're not even listening anymore!!! And what do you mean you'll keep him alive?!"

He felt that Joker was amused by what he saw and heard, still an enigma to him as well as to the others.

"Alright Joker. What did you call us here for? I had to calm Janice down when I told her you wanted another meeting with me. She also does not know that you invited two other girls that she doesn't know too so..."

"Hmm...I'm sure you're capable enough to reign in her temper Sir John and give a valid explanation as to why the meeting was conducted alongside two other girls."

"...good luck partner. You've got a lot of explaining to do."

"...Crap."

Joker cleared its throat, stopping the argument between the two girls, now paying attention to the ambiguous being that brought them together.

"Now. As I have said before, I want the three of you to get to know each, which has been achieved. Now, I want to expand more on my explanations."

"Really? Like what? You've already told us about how harems are important and that John needs us to assist him in protecting the world and other stuff that I can't remember..."

"This pertains to a phenomenon which you're familiar with Miss Cara."

"Wait...you can't mean..."

"Hmm...that's right. You've noticed it too, yes? That every time you wanted to meet John, you couldn't meet him because something is preventing you from doing so."

"Hold up!!! You mean something or somebody does not want me to meet him?! Who would do such a thing?!"

"Hey Joker. Does this apply to the others like Angelica and the rest too?"

Joker nodded.

"That's right, Sir John. Sometimes you never met up with Angelica yes? And sometimes the three of you would meet-up together, right? That's what we call Stacros, a phenomenon that is inherent to harems and their harem kings."

"What's Stacros?"

Sylvia kept her mouth shut, her blank expression hiding her curiosity.

"Stacros is a concept that ensures a harem king and his harem will not encounter each other unless it's the right time to do so. You can never go against Stacros, Sir John. And I know it sounds stupid but that's reality. So you can never force any of your future harem to meet until the time is ripe to do so. This is to ensure that harem kings like you are more than ready to meet the girls that will not only follow your commands but also reign in their personalities."

"Is there anybody who controls this phenomenon called Stacros Joker? It's like destiny right? Or fate."

"Stacros is a combination of fate and destiny Sir John. Destiny because you've been chosen as one of the Harem Kings with all its responsibilities and power it entails, and Fate because you and your future partners are now connected by an unbreakable bond. Together,  they go hand-in-hand in ensuring that every thing runs smoothly so that it will be easy on your part."

"Huh, so this exist so that Harem Kings like me can have an easier time adjusting then?"

"Correct, Sir John. How about you Miss Cara? Do you understand now?"

"Uhh...yeah, I guess?" She laughed sheepishly, barely able to understand the deeper implications of this information.

"I See. Stacros is preparation. Do Not Meet Before. Meet After."

"That works too, Miss Sylvia. Well, it seems that all of you understand what Stacros means. "

Whoever created this concept sure is creative. John thought sarcastically.

"Wait, Janice and the others don't know about this yet! Should I tell them?"

"Leave it to me Sir John so that they're aware of it. Don't worry."

Drinking a cup of tea that Joker summoned out of nowhere, Joker cleared their throat to get their attention. 

"Now that's the done, the second purpose is for the three of you to meet each other, and I believe John and Cara are now...familiar or intimate with one another? Or am I wrong?"

John just shrugged while Cara blushed, nodding her head in response.

"Excellent! Then only Sylvia is the only one that does not know either the two of you or the others so I want the three of you to spend time with one another."

The three of them just looked at each other and waited for the other to make the first move. There was no tension but only a sense of anticipation of how their interactions would unfold.

"Since you've started already then there's one last thing I want to tell you Sir John."

"What is it Joker?"

"From this point onwards, you should start sending missives yourself in order to schedule a meeting with your harem. This is one of your responsibilities as a Harem King and don't worry. I am always on standby to erect a barrier for your own privacy and protection."

"How do I send a missive to the others Joker? Do I have to use magic?"

"Correct Sir John. Simply get a piece of paper, write your message, put it inside the envelop, seal it using your magic, list down the names of your harem members that you want to receive your message, and once your done sign your signature below the list and the missive will be sent automatically, disappearing in a bright flash of golden red light."

"Sounds very convenient. So any message will do?"

"Yes, but it's primary use is to schedule meetings regarding harem things as well as to create strategies. Speaking of strategies, I will lecture all of you in the seven positions and their roles in a harem war. This is important because it will determine your harem's composition."

"Alright, so tomorrow then?"

"Yes Sir John. But you have to send a missive to me so that I am also aware of the meeting. Once's I've taught you the fundamentals, then I can proceed to start your training. Don't worry, it won't be long and will take only a few days in preparation for your debut."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then Joker."

Joker did not waste time though because he stood, said his goodbyes, and vanished inside a portal that appeared near the entrance, a vertical slash that closed into itself once Joker was inside.

The first few seconds were spent talking about school stuff, their hobbies, as well as their likes. And also started Sylvia's stalking obsession that made Cara jealous, always accompanying her whenever she went to stalk John.

[][][][][]

During John's meeting with Joker, Cara, and Sylvia, Janice and the others held their own meeting, this time with Alice, who was surprised that the three beauties of their school wanted to talk to her. Unknown to Alice, she was also considered as one of the school beauties and the congregation of all four made the students vacant the area they were in to give them privacy.

Before school began, John told them to get to know the girl named Alice who just transferred from Japan and to get to know her because he also had another meeting with Joker leaving them to choose the right way to approach her. 

The reason was John's father told him this morning that a close friend of his asked him to take of her younger daughter, and told John that he wanted him to take on the role. John did not disagree with his father's decision since he too was also curious of who Alice is.

So now, they're inside the gymnasium during lunch time, seated on the bleachers, the three girls taking turns asking questions about her.

For Alice, it was just like her school life in Japan. The only difference was that her three acquaintances had overwhelming auras that intimidated her.

"No!!What do I do?! H-how should I answer t-them?!"

"Yes. I am Alice from Japan but born in France. It is nice to meet your acquaintance."

"Ugh...I'm cringing right now!!!"

"Ah, I see. It's nice to meet you, Lady Janice, Lady Angelica and Lady Marie."

"Uwaaa!!! Nooooo!!! What the heck am I saying?!?!"

"Hum..yes. I practice the art of the sword and also know how to wield the spear. I also know how to play the piano and flute."

"Seriously...am I really suited for speaking like an upper class girl?! Why was I raised like this?!?!?! Stupid mom!"

Of course. Alice still does not like the fact that her mother taught her how to speak like a proper lady which, in her opinion, did not really appeal to her because it made her sound like a sheltered spoiled princess. Which unfortunately stuck with her even now.

"Oh~so are you a princess Alice? Do you have a castle, then~"

Janice's melodic tone was a marvel to Alice because it really made her sound more like a woman, a fact that fanned her inferiority complex.

"Even though she speaks that way, it still has a tone of respect and politeness that you can't really hate her for it. How does she do it?!"

"Ah, yes we did have one before but my father sold it because of our financial difficulties."

"Tough luck then princess. That really sucks. A shame though. You could've used it as a base or as a hidden warehouse for guns and ammo."

Angelica gave off the impression of a blunt person who says what everybody does not want to hear, which was a refreshing change for her.

"She reminds me of some of those American shows with strong blunt female protagonists, although her voice is really feminine but she sometimes acts like a boy."

"What shows do you watch then? I always watch VidFlix every night at home, but VBO is also nice."

Marie's kind personality and upbeat tone is also a new experience since she gave off the impression that nothing can stop her from doing what she wants.

"Marie is also like Janice, but she's more upbeat while Janice is more...curious? conniving?"

"I...am not familiar with VidFlix or VBO but I do watch movies."

"I can't tell them that I watch movies whose protagonists are all bad boys and guys who aren't nice! No way I can't do that!"

"Oh, I see. What type of movies do you like then?"

"Nooooooo!!!! Why?! Why question me about it?!"

"Well...I like...movies with...punching?"

"......."

"Punching? Guns are better. Nobody can beat a gun anyway."

"Oh~? Guns you say hmm~? My barriers can stop your bullets cold, Angelica~"

"C'mon you guys, magic is king around here, y'know?"

And now they're saying some outrageous things. Alice thought.

For the rest of their lunch break the three girls would ask her a variety of questions like 'what's her favorite animal?' or 'what is her favorite subject' and even 'what type of boy does she like?' 

It went on like this until the bell rang, where the three girls have developed a connection with her. 

[][][][][]

7