Chapter 4 – Commence Preparation
4.7k 13 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was once a rumor; four years ago, a young kid, barely ten years of age, had saved some people from being assaulted by a local thug.

The rumor has grown out of proportion over the years that some stories have begun to over-exaggerate the tale itself;

  • Some say that the young boy possesses supernatural strength and prowess that he can go toe to toe against foes twice his size and many times the number,
  • Some say that the young boy was actually not a young boy, but a man capable of changing shape or perhaps disguising himself to look like a child in order to fool his enemies,
  • Others state that the young boy is actually a mythical spirit of justice, capable of seeking and hunting those who are lawless,
  • And the last few state that the boy is actually a trained killer who just happens to pick the local thugs to test his skills.

Obviously none of the rumors are true, but the people of Gotham liked the notion of having an inspirational beacon of a savior such as this boy; who’s just fearless when facing against injustices. This is why the four years after his supposed glory, the city of Gotham somehow become a lot less dangerous than usual.

But the one who profits the most of this situation? Of course it’s the rogue soul of the world known as Matthias Wayne; since he’s that said boy who managed to save the two youngsters using only his stun gun as a weapon and his self-defense training he self-trained.

The rumors over the years have begun to manifest within his soul, as this world establishes that Matthias does possess these sorts of powers and capabilities.

And now, Matthias is currently using one of his ability he has discovered; the shape-shifting and disguising ability.

‘It’s improving, but I am still only capable of changing my face to look a bit older and completely changing my demeanor without looking unnatural.’

Matthias walks inside the GCPD, and greets the front counter staff to meet with the city’s commissioner. It’s time for him to initiate his plan.

~

Just around the corner of the GCPD is a dinner, famous for a go to for most GCPD officers. Two guys are currently having lunch; one having a plate of ham sandwich with fries, the other’s having an egg mayo sandwich.

“So many cops in here, a fitting place to have a secondary name of “Gotham’s Most Secure Dinner”.”

“The owner of this dinner was once a police officer. After retiring, he bought this building to open a dinning place for his colleagues. But that’s not important now, is it, Mr. Gary Oldman?”

Gary Oldman smiles as he took another bite out of his egg sandwich,
“I take it you have what I requested?”

Commissioner did not miss a beat and pulled a thin file out of his coat, but is yet to hand it over to Gary Oldman.
“Mr. Gary Oldman, I hope you understand that even though I owe you my life, I can’t simply give you this without knowing what you’ll do.”

Commissioner Gordon owed his life to this Gary Oldman when, about two months ago, he was leading a drug bust in a club. After a successful drug bust, he escorted the convoy back to the GCPD, when all of a sudden; a truck hits his police car. The perpetrators were some gang trying to save a certain someone arrested in the bust.

Rained under bullet fires and wounded bellow his legs, a shadowy figure came in and knocked several of the perps from behind them. He then swiftly dashes towards the commissioner, and rescued him.

It was after the perps fled and the situation was once again under control did the figure introduces himself as this Gary Oldman, and for some reason, Commissioner Gordon felt a certain uncanny feeling towards this particular name.

“I can’t convince you to trust me, commissioner.”

Gordon sighs as he ponders a bit, then continues, “Look, at least give me one reason why you are asking me to compile the entire Gotham’s Chemical Vats and the-like.”

 “ ... Because I want to stop something bad to happen for someone.”

“And how do you know that something bad is going to happen in these plants?”

“I don’t.”

Looking at Gary Oldman's straight answer, Gordon did not pursue the matter any longer, and hands over the file.
“I will not ask anymore, my only hope is that you don't destroy my first impression of you by doing something illegal to these places.”

“Relax, commissioner, I’m not planning to rule over these chemical plants whatsoever. I’m merely trying to stop something bad from happening.”

“Then with this, I don't owe you anything anymore.”

“Yes, commissioner. Thank you for the assistance.”

After this exchange, both the commissioner and Gary Oldman finishes their meal, and returns to each respective business.

Gordon was still contemplating after the exchange, “He’s suspicious, but I can't help feeling like he's familiar to me. He somehow reminded me of Bruce Wayne at some point. Hmmm, come to think of it, Bruce has a younger brother, but he's still around my daughter's age. That man may look young but his face looks mature to me.”

Unable to see through the person's disguise, Gordon eventually stopped thinking about it and resumes his job.

~

Wayne’s Manor, just after the exchange.

“Young Master Matthias, you’ve been gone for too long. Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Alfred, I’ll be going to my room. Please don’t disturb me tonight.”

“As you wish, young Master.”

Matthias went for his room, locked the door, and sets the file to his desk.

‘Alfred has been getting suspicious to my actions lately. He’s just too good at reading other people. Even with the help of my newly acquired abilities, I still can’t completely fool him.’

Matthias then opens the file, and a map of Gotham city.

‘I need to find Joker. I don’t know his origin, and even in the entire DC Universe, he has too many backstories that I can’t determine which one’s which. But one of the oldest backstory had him being thrown to a chemical vats.’

His main reason of asking the commissioner for these chemical plants is to secure one of Batman’s arch-nemesis, another reason is for him to finally secure a secret base for him to operate, ‘Hmmm, many of these plants were abandoned and used for hiding spots for mafias. This will be fun.’

Matthias closes the file, hid it, and went to train.

‘Let's fully utilize my gifts. I have the strength of a one man army, I have the responsibility to use it to clean up the city.’

Next Mission: Secure the Chemical Plants.

 

To Be Continued ...

Hello, Author here, funny that writing this little piece actually gives me some peace even though the situation outside is bleak and I am currently having a fever.

Don't worry though, it won't hinder the story progression.

Stay safe everyone, and I'll talk to you all later.

104