Chapter 12 – Chaos Within Ace Chemicals
3.1k 3 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a night like any other night. The city is cloaked in darkness of the night, yet the people still able to lit a light bright enough to fill the streets, as people roams around to finish whatever work they are doing. Gotham never sleeps.

Engine noises on the wide roads, murmurs of people talking on the sideways, and building breathes in an out with people almost as much as they did in daylight.

But tonight is rather special, or maybe not... after all, Gotham never had any shortages of criminals making ruckus. But this night, more sirens are heard blaring in the city. Radio chatters from the GCPD have been reporting murders of several businessmen.

Tonight, Gotham’s lawful sentinel is on patrol.

{Commissioner, we have found another body in District Ganton.}

“Sterilize the area. I’ll be there soon.”

...

It’s the crime scene; a man was murdered in cold blood. Name’s Tom Nook1Yes, I named him after that one character from that one specific game. I'm just that quirky, a businessman, one of the shareholders of the Ace Chemicals.

“Another Ace Chemicals shareholders... it’s the second victim, now.”

Commissioner Gordon looks around the crime scene.

Then, he felt a presence around him. On top of a building near the crime scene was a dark figure, but it vanishes as quickly as it appears.

‘Is it the killer? No, I feel like I have a slightest idea on who that is.’

Gordon told his subordinates to keep investigating as he went to check on somewhere.

He walked on the stairs of the building and reached the roof. It’s empty...

“I guess it’s only my imagination, huh.”

“It wasn’t, commissioner.”

* ! *

Gordon tried to reach for his holster on his right waist, but the figure quickly intercepts and locks Gordon’s hand from moving the gun.

“You must be the Batman, right? Did you kill the man down there?”

“I did not, commissioner, but I have an idea on who might be responsible. All I need now is your help.”

“Help? From me? Why do I have to help a vigilante who does things their way.”

“Because I’m the only one with the lead, commissioner.”

Gordon and Batman stayed still, with Batman still locking Gordon’s hand from moving.

*sigh*, alright. I still can’t trust you, but at least I know you’re not the one responsible for this.”

Batman released the commissioner and the later turned around to see.

“You really dressed to look like a bat man, don’t you?”

Batman did not respond to this comment and instead, changed the subject.

“The CEO of the Ace Chemicals, Alfred Stryker, he had secretly made a deal with partners with whom he owned Ace that he’s going to pay them regularly a sum of money to buy their shares, and become sole owner of Ace.” Batman explained as Gordon listened.

“Alfred Stryker, I know him. A greedy pig, and a schemer to boot. How do you know all these. Any evidence?

Batman then threw a flash-drive towards Gordon.

“Check that. I’ll try to stop whatever Stryker’s planning next.”

“Alone? At least wait for back-up”

“Any further delay can create more unnecessary victims.”

Gordon was about to stop Batman when he disappeared into the darkness.

“I hope I’m not wrong to trust you.” Gordon mutters before returning to his subordinates.

...

...

...

“Alfred, I’m gonna be staying in my room now. Please don’t disturb me.”

“Planning to play the new console all night again, young Master?” Alfred eyed at Matthias. “Please don’t stay up late too much, young Master, it is very unhealthy.”

“C’mon Alfred, it’s summer vacation anyway, and I’ve done my homework already.

“Still you need to keep your health in check. You’re a growing boy after all, young Master,”

“Yes~ yes, Alfred.”

Matthias entered his room and locked it, then he turned on his gaming consoles and played.

It was an adventure game, and Matthias had fun for about an hour, before finally stopping.

‘It’s 11:00 PM now, and my brother has been out for a while.’

Matthias had known that Bruce has been chasing a villain since a few days ago. He had been tracking a guy named Alfred Stryker who had killed two people who owns a shareholder with the Ace Chemicals. He’s supposedly the CEO of the factory.

Though the name does infuriate Matthias since he doesn’t want to compare his Alfred to this piece- of-shit other ‘Alfred’, the one thing that gets him giddy was the name ‘Ace Chemicals’.

He’s been planning to bust inside Ace Chemicals, and this news about a villain within; though unexpected, is totally accepted with open arms as Matthias need to bust in with Batman.

And so, under the pretense of playing the game all night, Matthias prepares himself with all the gears he had received before.

And then, using a recorded video on his television, he would create a decoy in his room to make it seem like he’s still currently playing the game all night long, as Matthias has been ordering Alfred to not disturb his ‘gamer moments’.

Matthias sheathes his metal blunt katana on his left waist side, “All prepped now... It’s go time.”

And with that, he silently sneaked out via the window.

He sprinted towards his destination, and using the alleyway and the dark night, he reached his destination fairly quickly without anyone ever noticing.

His stealth, speed, and strength have been boosted quite considerably ever since Batman started his gig in Gotham, and tonight, he’s going to be using them all to find and stop the Joker before his initial creation.

...

In a dark alley behind the Ace Chemicals, Matthias is creeping around.

He’s been keeping tabs on the guards around the factory. What goes in and out, how many guards are outside and how many are inside, what sort of weapons they are equipped with, he’s been watching them all.

Matthias deduced that at least about 20% of the guards are actually hired henchmen from gangs or mafias.

Matthias sneaks closer. Since he’s approaching from the back-door, the guards around are a lot lax; many are spending their time munching on potato chips and drinking cheap beers, quite a lot are playing cards or chess or anything that keeps them away from boredom, and last few are actually keeping guard; either from losing a bet or just simply from rare professionalism.

And then... the time has come.

Suddenly, their walkie-talkie starts to chatter; the guards from the other side are giving reports of a sudden intruder. Apparently, Batman has appeared.

The guards, or rather the henchmen, started to swarm in to apprehend the Batman, while the non-henchmen are quite confused and dazed, unable to decide whether to go in to investigate the new scary myth.

Noticing his clue, Matthias puts down his hood to cover his head, and went inside factory, still in stealth mode.

...

“Give it up, Stryker. There’s nowhere to run.”

“Fucking freak! You’d think I’d give up just because a fake mythical freak like you attacks me?”

Batman and Stryker are in a face-off. Stryker’s henchmen are currently surrounding both; ready to defend their employer, and attack the intruder.

One of the henchmen closes in with a baton, and attacks Batman.

*WHACK!* in one single swoop, Batman kicks his abdomen, and he falls unconscious.

“Dammit, all Y’all are idiots! Attack at the same time, you idiots!”

With that signal, the henchmen started pouring attacks.

For every swing of their weapons, Batman dodges and intercepts the attack.

*Punch!* *Thwack!* *Thud* *Thud* ... two down, still more to go.

A henchman uses a crowbar and swung a wide one from above -- *Swish* -- Batman just side-glanced the poor attack and effortlessly sidestepped. Then *WHAM* Batman did an uppercut, dislocating the jaw of the poor bastard as he falls unconscious.

Then more and more starts to fall, one by one, bit by bit; some by several punches, kicks, a whack to the side of the head, a supplex, you name every attack.

The henchmen started getting frightened; this Batman is no myth... He’s real, and he’s not to be trifled with.

~~Meanwhile~~

On the other side of the facility, a man is currently sneaking around amidst the chaos from within the factory.

He dons a comical domed red helmet, a tuxedo, and a self-made red cape as he roams.

He was running away after he and his group; the ‘Red Hoods’ successfully robbed the building next door of the Ace Chemicals; a playing card factory that goes by the name, “Monarch Playing Card Company”.

The Red Hoods were planning to escape through a secret passage that connects between Ace Chemicals and Monarch Playing Card Co., but the sudden chaos from within Ace Chemicals ruins this plan.

When they were about to safely escape; a group of henchmen and guards armed with guns are some other weapons just started firing and attacking. The guards attacked the Red Hood after they were found out sneaking around the facility, assuming the Red Hoods as part of the intruders.

The Red Hood started running on each their own, and the guards began shooting and killing everyone... except one man.

“Dammit! Why can’t anything go right in my way?” The only survivor cursed, his voice cracked. He was weary, tired not just physically, but mentally also. He just wants to earn some money for his pregnant wife, but...

“I’m sorry Jeannie...” ~

His wife died from a fire when he was out working as a comedian. The fire killed her and the unborn baby.

Knowing the news about the disaster, his first instinct wasn’t to cry, but rather... laugh. He’s a comedian; he’s supposed to laugh at bad lucks, but then it went after him, and he can’t do anything but laugh.

This heist he’s doing was only for a small favor. He thought he could escape more misfortunes, thought he could at least rest and mourn, but now... he’s running for his dear life.

But then he arrived at a place; he was on the higher floors, frantically searching for a place to hide when he sees a figure; all black, with black wings... or rather a black cape, and he has a cowl shaped like a bat.

This bizarre scene was now being embedded within his head. He doesn’t know what’s right or real anymore... Everything seems like a bad fever dream.

The black figure dressed like a bat started beating the guards one by one, and one person behind the guards was yelling as he run away.

At some point, he snapped out of it, and started tracing a way out without getting caught, but...

... “HEY! YOU!” ...

They found him. He was about to just dash through them. He wasn’t going to just get killed like this; he had enough suffering.

And then...

*Wack!* “Argh!” *Thud*
One of them fell...

“Who the heck--” *Swish* *Wack* “—OOF!” *Thud*
Another one fell...

“SHIT! Come out you pussy! I know you’re in ther— Aaaah, Rzrzrzrzr!” *Crackle* *Crackle*, *Thud*
Another one spasms before falling; he got electrocuted...

The guards started to fall one by one around him.

Another figure came out from behind the pipes of the facility; another figure in black... He had black faceless mask, black coat with black hood on his head, black sword on his right hand... black everything.

He’s started feeling wary of this man. His demeanor is menacing, and he can feel he’s being stared at beneath the hood and the mask. He felt like a prey...

“... You ...” The man in black spoke, his voice gruff and deep. Very menacing.
“You’re Red Hood, huh.”

The surviving Red Hood, though surprised that this man in black seem to know him, did not ask any question. He’s too afraid to even move a muscle, let alone talk.

The black figure started to approach closer, and the Red Hood can do nothing but stand as he trembles.

Red Hood waits for this man in black to perhaps kill him... but it didn’t come to, as another new figure arrived interrupting the man in black; it was one guard.

“You! You’re him, aren’t you?” That guard shouts... and Red Hood only stood and watch.

81