Chapter 6 – Intruders of Love! Enter the Maniwa Insect Squad!
1k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out in the desert where there was a Japanese castle.

Shang: How was it ?

Shang said while he watched Nanami walked out from the entrance of Gekoku Castle.

Nanami: He’s dead.

Shang: Eh…. I didn’t expect that.

Shang: How was his battoujutsu?

Nanami: it’s on par with my Kyotouryuu.

Shang:........

Shang’s thoughts: Even Shichika has to drag the battle in order to prevent him from using the same technique again. You just simply say it’s on par with your Kyotouryuu.

Shang’s thoughts: Right, Nanami’s Kyotouryuu allows her to throw blade-like energy waves at her opponents. Uneri most likely counters them with his battoujutsu, Hiken: Zerosen.

Shang: Mind waiting for me?

Nanami looks at Shang for a while.

Nanami: You really like corpses. Corpse Loot...no, should be Corpse Retriever.

Shang: I don’t really have a fetish for them but what’s with the nickname?

Shang’s thoughts: I am not even Lamies from Shakugan no Shana. These corpses are not even Torches.

Nanami: Nothing. I just thought of it myself.

Shang:.....

Shang enters the castle.

Shortly, after a few minutes……….

Shang: You really made a mess out him.

Shang said when he came out, rubbing his bloody hands with a rag which seems to be torn from a clothing.

Nanami: He asked for it. You got what you want?

Shang: Yeah.

Shang’s thoughts: my plans have to change a bit.

Shang’s plan was to just challenge the owners of their deviant blades and touch both the owners and blades, leaving Shichika and Togame to finish them off. His plans went awry when Nanami went ahead and cut both the owner and the blade into half.

Shang had no problems fixing the blade with the system store but the owner, Ginkaku Uneri, is no longer a challenge to Shichika. Shang decided to go on a blade hunt.

Shang: Let’s go then.

Nanami: Where’s next?

Shang: Izumo. First we found an inn to rest, then we will look for the next blade.

Shang: Sento Tsurugi.

Sento Tsurugi is a set of blades where one is the original and other nine hundred and ninety-nine blades are copies.

Nanami: Sento Tsurugi? So we have to fight the owner?

Shang: Probably.

The owner of Sento Tsurugi, Tsuruga Meisai always carry the original blade along with her. It was only when she accepted the duel with Shichika, she hid it into the ground as part of her strategy.

Shang and Nanami immediately set foot for Izumo while Shichika and Togame had already finished their preparations for their travel to Gekoku Castle.


Author’s Hiken: Line Break


It’s already nighttime when Shang and Nanami rented a guest room that has a balcony. Shang is laying one side with his head on Nanami’s laps while Nanami is twiddling with Shang’s hair.

Shang: Nanami.

Nanami: Yes?

Shang: Do you want me to treat you like how Togame treat Shichika?

Nanami: With love?

Shang: With love.

Nanami: I am your blade, so you can order whatever you want to do.

Shang: You know that is not love.

Nanami: I know.

Shang turns his head upright and their eyes locked on each other for a while.

Shang: Nanami, I……

????: Sorry to disturb the both of you lovebirds.

Shang was interrupted by a voice from the balcony.

Three figures can be seen standing on the edge of the balcony.

Kamakiri: Maniwa Kamakiri.

Chocho: Maniwa Chocho.

Mitsubachi: Maniwa Mitsubachi.

Kamakiri, Chocho & Mitsubachi: We are the Insect Squad of the Maniwa Ninja Army.

Kamakiri: Foreigner Shang and Yasuri Nanami. We hope both of you can come with us.

Kamakiri: Should both of you resist, it will be painful for both of you.

Shang & Nanami:..........

Nanami: Can I kill them?

27