Chapter 7 – Lap pillow is the best
978 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang: Wait.

Shang stood up from Nanami’s laps.

Shang: Before we make a mess of this lovely inn, can we have a talk? Leader of Maniwa Insect Squad, Maniwa Kamakiri.

Shang tidied himself before speaking.

Kamakiri looked at Shang for a while.

Kamakiri’s thoughts: We did not mention who is the leader of the Insect Squad, right ?

Mitsubachi thoughts: That’s right.

Chocho’s thoughts: So how did this foreigner know?

Kamakiri’s thoughts: We will see what he is up to.

Kamakiri: Sure

Shang: Before we chat, I like to demonstrate one of my abilities.

Shang: I believe not only your squad is here. A member of another squad is also here in Izumo, right?

Chocho & Mitsubachi: How did he know?

Chocho & Mitsubachi started to be on guard before Kamakiri stopped them from doing so.

Kamakiri’s thoughts: Wait. Let him finish saying.

Kamakiri: What are you trying to say?

Kamakiri who is the most calm of the two, spoke.

Shang: I would rush there If I were you. The place where Maniwa Kuizame will die by the hands of Tsuruga Meisai.

Chocho looked at Kamakiri with a worried look.

Chocho’s thoughts: Leader!

Kamakiri:............

Shang: I believe with Chocho’s abilities, he should be able to make it.

Kamakiri: Why should we believe you?

Shang started to sit and made himself comfortable.

Shang: Well, it’s up to you to believe me. Your member here who is the youngest head, should have the technique to stop us from doing anything.

Shang looks at Mitsubachi.

Mitsubachi’s thoughts: He knows my technique!?

Shang then turns to Kamakiri

Shang: So what’s it gonna be?

Kamakiri: ……….Chocho.

Chocho: I will leave now.

Chocho jumps off the balcony and disappears into the night.

Shang suddenly claps.

Shang: Impressive decision-making. I can ensure you that you did make the right choice.

Kamakiri: Right choice or not I may not know, but I am more curious about you.

Shang: Questions and questions. Before we continue, I would also show you my sincerity.

Shang: Nanami?

Nanami: Yes?

Shang: Bring me the head of Tsuruga Meisai and the original Sento Tsurugi.

Nanami: But…

Shang: No worries. Everything is under control. I and the leader of the insect squad will be very good friends soon.

Nanami: I understand. Be careful.

Nanami left from the balcony and disappears.

Shang: How is it? My sincerity?

Kamakiri: Are you sure you want her to leave your side? She could be your strongest bargaining chip.

Shang: I believe with your brains, you wouldn’t want the entire Maniwa Ninja Army to face the wrath of two Kyotouryuu users. Right?

Kamakiri:.............

Shang: Have a seat. Your friends should be back soon and this little chat needs their presence.


-----------The Magical Scissors appears!-----------


It’s still nighttime when Nanami came back with a katana on one hand and a round bundle on the other hand.

As she enters, she notices there are four people sitting face to face with Shang who is smiling.

Shang: See? Told you she will be back soon.

Shang stood up and went to Nanami.

Shang: So that was the original Sento Tsurugi?

Nanami: I only noticed it when it shone brightly like it have found its rightful owner.

Nanami hands the katana to Shang.

Shang only took it without looking at it and then threw it to Kamakiri.

Shang: Believe me now?

Kamakiri: Four of us might believe you, but I am afraid you had to convince the remaining six of us.

Kamakiri said after he grabbed the katana that was thrown at him.

Shang: Your leader, Maniwa Houou should be able to make the final decision, right?

Kamakiri: He will see you if it is needed. We will leave for now.

Chocho’s thoughts: Are we gonna just leave like that?

Kamakiri’s thoughts: The mission might be a failure, but we have to report this. This is more important and it concerns the fate of our Maniwa Ninja Army.

Chocho’s thoughts: I understand,

The four Maniwa ninjas left from the balcony.

Shang: Phew

Shang immediately lays backwards while sitting.

Shang: I thought I was gonna die.

Nanami: Really?

Nanami walks towards Shang before putting the bundle on the table.

Shang: Not really. With you around, I think I am immortal.

Shang smiled as he looked up at Nanami.

Nanami smiled back.

Nanami: Lap pillow?

Shang: Yes, please.

27