Chapter 8 – I’m the World’s Strongest Man
958 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After their one night stay in one of the inns in Izumo, Shang and Nanami made their way to Satsuma which is the next location of the deviant blade, Zakuto Yoroi.

When people see the word “blade”, they might think it might be another katana but Zakuto Yoroi is no katana. It is a bladed armor that can absorb any attack from any angle and armor-piercing attacks do not work on it. To use the hidden blades on the armor, the wearer can only cut the opponent by melee contact or by charging into his or her opponents.

There’s a few things to note about the blade’s weaknesses. For the absorption to work, the wearer must be on the ground. If attacked heavily when lifted from the ground, both the wearer and the armor will both explode.

Shang is more interested in its design than the blade itself and is in no hurry to obtain it.

The reason is that he predicted on the way to Satsuma, they might have to face Sabi Hakuhei who is the owner of the deviant blade, Hakuto Hari.

The blade of Hakuto Hari is not made of steel but glass. It’s fragile that people could break it by bending the blade. The wielder had to swing correctly in order to prevent the blade from breaking.

This time Shang is not interested in this blade or the design of it. He’s more interested in getting Sabi Hakuhei’s kenjutsu.

From what Shang read about Hakuhei, his kenjutsu is probably ranked Black, first class.

In Shang’s main world, swordmasters who reached that rank, have the ability to divide the waters and tear off a mountain peak. Sabi Hakuhei had the ability to do so.

Nanami should be able to go on a par with him but Shang is not sure whether Uneri Ginkaku’s battoujutsu and kenjutsu he had been useful against Hakuhei as he knew even Shichika has problems facing him.

In the middle of their journey, Shang took out two rouge crystal necklaces.

Nanami: What is that? They look pretty.

Shang: Want one? It would look good on you.

Nanami: Really? Let me put one on.

Shang hands one of the crystal necklace to Nanami.

Nanami: How do I look now?

Nanami showing off her necklace in front of Shang.

Shang: Pretty. Really pretty.

Nanami’s face becomes red.

Shang: This necklace has an interesting function.

Shang said after putting on the other necklace.

Nanami: What does it do?

Shang: The crystal will break if the other wearer dies.

Nanami was startled at Shang’s answer.

Nanami: What are you trying to say?

Shang: Our next opponent might be the strongest swordsman, Sabi Hakuhei.

Nanami: Strongest? I would love to challenge him but what does the necklace got to do with it.

Shang: You know my ability. My ability tells me that even Shichika has problems fighting him.

ShangL I am not sure if both of us could survive the challenge.

Nanami: Shang.....

Shang: Hakuhei’s letter of challenge will reach us when we arrived in Satsuma.

Shang: Before that, I would be your sparring partner.

Nanami: Eh~ From how I see it, you are not even fit to be my sparring partner.

Nanami mocks Shang with a smile.

Shang: Well, don’t look down on me.

Shang said while smiling.

Shang: Sabi Hakuhei may be Japan’s strongest swordsman, but I will show you.

Shang: I'm the world’s strongest man.

26