Chapter 9 – The title itself decided to get married
885 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang tries swinging it.

As he swings it, the glass blade breaks into pieces.

Shang: Ah.

Nanami: Ah.

Nanami: No, not Ah, Shang! How dare you break my trophy!

Nanami starts chasing Shang with the sheath.

Shang: It’s not my fault! You should blame Shikizaki Kiki for making it so fragile!

Shang is on the run from Nanami.

The results from the duel with Sabi Hakuhei are a one-sided victory and Hakuto Hari.

Sabi Hakuhei’s letter of challenge was not for Shang but for Nanami instead.

Shang had thought Hakuhei was an old traditional person who would rather duel with a man but in his letter of challenge, he acknowledges Nanami as a swordsman and asks her for a duel.

Things became simple.

Shang copied and transferred the skills Nanami needed to know by using system store.

To transfer them, he had to place his hand on Nanami’s forehead.

Once the transfer is complete, the rest is up to the unknown prodigy, Yasuri Nanami.

Shang had wondered what if Yasuri Nanami meets up with Wang Yuyan from Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils.

Both of them are martial prodigies and the only difference is that Nanami is more combat fit than Yuyan.

Sitting by the sidelines on the boat, Shang watches both Nanami and Hakuhei deface the island with their skills, creating a huge dust storm.

Once the dust storm was clear, Nanami came back on the boat with the head of Hakuhei and Hakuto Hari.

That happens before Nanami start chasing Shang with the sheath.

In order to stop Nanami from sulking, Shang had to produce another Hakuto Hari from the system store.

As Nanami and Shang was about to reach the last stop before reaching the location of another deviant blade. A messenger came by their inn and asked for Shang.

Needless to say, Shang knew who was coming to look for him.

The leader of Maniwa Ninja Corps, Maniwa Houou.

Maniwa Houou may look young, but he’s actually two hundred years old.

He is also one of the founders of Maniwa Ninja Corps.

As Shang recalls, he realized he has some facts wrong about Maniwa Shirasagi. The current Maniwa Shirasagi is not the Maniwagatari’s Maniwa Shirasagi.

Shang had thought both of them are the same person and it was until now he realized the time setting of Maniwagatari. The story was set in two hundred years before Katanagatari.

The only ones alive from Maniwagatari would be Maniwa Kyouken and Maniwa Houou.

As from Maniwagatari, one can see there are no changes to their nicknames and abilities.

Maniwa ninjas that are mentioned in Maniwagatari either have no longer appearance in Katanagatari or replaced with new heads. As it is noticeable, their nicknames are totally different in two stories.

Shang could be wrong again as nothing is mentioned in Katanagatari on how they managed to stay alive or when the new heads replaced them.

Shang decides to leave it at that and follows the messenger.

As he faces Maniwa Houou, the ninja began to speak,

Houou: We had listened to what Kamakiri had said, and we did what you said

Houou: You are right. The shogunate no longer trust us.

Shang had given them the original Sento Tsurugi to set a trap for the shogunate. True to Shang’s words, the carrier of the deviant blade was killed by a white masked ninja, Souda Emonzaemon.

Shang: So we have a deal?

Houou: Before we come to terms, I want to know the reasons.

Shang: Well, there are two mistakes you guys made.

Shang: Firstly, you guys should not betray Togame. Betraying Togame is equivalent to betraying the shogunate. Whatever tributes you guys sent to ensure your loyalty to shogunate will not work. That was the first mistake.

Shang: Secondly, when the shogun says he is offering handsome rewards for those who can bring him the deviant blades, you guys moved ahead without the shogun’s permission. That was second mistake.

Houou:..... We should not have betrayed the strategian.

Shang: It’s already too late for regrets.

Houou: Regarding your deal, all of us had decided……

Shang: Before you guys agreed to my terms, there is something you guys need to do.

Houou: And that would be?

Shang: Souda Emonzaemon.

Houou: Princess Hitei’s bodyguard? We have already checked his background. There is nothing wrong with him.

Shang: What if I said he was the last survivor of the Aioi Clan which you guys eliminated.

Houou: What? That’s impossible. None of them should be alive!

Shang: The next time when you ripped off someone’s face, be sure he stays dead.

Houou: Face... I see, so he survived that.

Shang: Well he’s your prey. I suggest you bring some strong backup. He’s no longer the same person you had faced before.

Shang’s thoughts: it is weird how Souda Emonzaemon managed to be one step ahead of Maniwa ninja leaders. Unless…

Shang: You guys should also do some cleaning on the inside.

Houou: I don’t think our own village would betray us.

Shang: I believe your Maniwa village has already split into two factions. One faction who still follows your orders and the other faction who follows their leader’s orders.

Houou: And who would that be.

Shang: If I remember correctly, one of the shogunate’s retainers is Maniwa Bofura.

Houou: Bofura…….

Shang: If I were you, I will not bother going after him now. Your enemy is still around. Only when he is dead, then you can deal with Bofura.

Houou: Then….

Shang: I don’t believe with that two hundred year old wisdom of yours would not know what to do.

Houou: I understand.

Houou: I should now take my leave.

Shang: Before you leave, I got a gift for you.

Shang throws a sheathed katana at Houou.

Houou grabs it and noticed the handle.

Houou: This is….

Shang: Yup, That is Zanto Namakura and it does not have that “poison” effects.

Shang: You might need it against Emonzaemon.

Houou: Are you not afraid that I might use it against you?

Shang: I don’t see the reason that you would.

Shang: Are you sure you want to kill your main sponsor?

Shang smiled grimly.

Houou looked at Shang for a while.

Houou: By the way, the strategian and her blade is on the search for both of you. She was quite angry about what you both did.

Houou: As an extra service for the katana, I will personally make sure her messenger is delayed.

Houou said before he left.

Shang: Thank you.

Shang watches Houou as the latter disappears into hiding.

From Shang’s behind, Nanami came out from a nearby hiding.

Shang: Your brother is coming for us. So is Togame.

Shang says when he notices Nanami.

Nanami: Should we surprise them by saying we are getting married?

Nanami says with a cheeky smile.

27