Chapter 12 – Higaki Rinne
729 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nanami: Eh~ I did not know there are even realms for weapon wielders.

Nanami says while digesting the information Shang had feed her.

Shang: Well, the realms I mentioned are so far what martial artists have discovered.

Shang: It is believed that there are more realms yet to be discovered.

Nanami: More realms yet to be discovered?

Nanami: Shang.

Shang: Yes?

Nanami: Do you think I would able to discover the realms you said ?

Shang: Possible. You reached the realm which requires more than five years to reach and you only took a few months.

Nanami: So I am the Japan’s strongest woman? Hohohoho…

Nanami begins to act proud.

????: Sorry to say, you are still not the Japan’s strongest woman.

Nanami: Who said that!

A bird-headed red figure came out from the darkness, carrying a bundle.

Along with the figure was a wolf-headed purple figure who looks like a female, was carrying a weird blade.

Shang: Houou and Kyouken. I did not know you guys had a habit of eavesdropping on people’s conversation.

Kyouken: Don’t blame me. It’s Houou who wants to eavesdrop. I wanted to show up at first, but he stopped me.

Houou: Well, I apologized for the earlier eavesdropping. The realms Shang mentioned caught my interest. Are they well-known in Ming?

Shang: Thanks to the first emperor of Ming, it was either forgotten or forbidden to be mentioned.

Shang made up that up as he does not know whether there are still Chinese martial artist around in Katanagatari World.

However, in Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion which was written by Huang Yi, The first emperor of Ming dynasty wanted to wipe out the entire marital factions. He does not like any factions that is not under this control, so he gives the martial factions a choice, swear loyalty to him or be wiped out.

Houou: First emperor of Ming… I have heard of him but I wouldn’t expect a sovereign like him would do such a thing.

Shang: Different rulers have different ideas of rulings. By the way, are you done with your side?

Houou: Of course.

Houou laid down the contents of his bundle on the ground.

Shang sees Entou, Juu and the head of Emonzaemon that still has the mask on.

Shang touched the head to remove the mask.

Shang: Houou…

Houou: Yes?

Shang: Do you really have to rip off his face to get his technique? Any other parts of his body would do right ?

Houou: Well, It’s complicated.

Shang’s thoughts: Just because it is complicated, you just rip off his face!

Shang retorts in his thoughts.

Kyouken: I do know something about it. If you wanna…

Houou unleashes his killing intent on Kyouken.

Houou: Kyouken.

Kyouken: Alright, I will be quiet about it.

Kyouken sulks beside Houou.

Houou: Shang, the talismans you give us. Is it possible to get more from you?

Houou says while trying to switch the subject.

Shang: What happen to the talismans I give you?

Houou took out the two paper talismans. They are red instead of yellow.

Shang: I see… The talismans lost their effect when they got stained by blood.

Shang: Sorry to disappoint that I only had one left. If you need more, I have to get back to Ming to make them.

Kyouken: Shouldn’t your ability to replicate them?

Houou: Ability?

Shang: I can, but they will not have the effect you wanted.

Houou: Kyouken, what do you mean by he can replicate?

Kyouken: Shang, can you show him?

Shang: Give me a moment.

Shang lays his hands on the two Entou and destroys them with his bare hands.

Houou: Wait…

Kyouken stops him from saying.

Kyouken: Just watch.

The two Entou reappeared in Shang’s hands.

Houou: How did you do that?

Shang: How should I explain? I believed in your country, it’s known as Senjutsu.

Houou: Senjutsu!? You’re a Sennin! That would make sense how you know our future.

Shang: Now you know what I am. So do you want them?

Shang waves the two Entous in front of Kyouken and Houou.

Houou: The deviant blade you gave me is enough for me.

Kyouken: Me too.

Shang: Then I have two requests.

Shang says after the Entou Juu disappeared from his hands.

Houou: I’m all ears.

Nanami: Wait a minute, Shang.

Shang: Yes?

Nanami: I want to know what does Houou mean by I am still not the Japan’s strongest woman.

Houou: Oh that….have you heard of Sabi Kokken?

Shang’s thoughts: Ah that... I totally forgotten about her.

Sabi Kokken is thirty year old married woman who looked like a five year old girl. She has titles like Shinigami, Kensei of all kensei and lastly History’s strongest swordsman. She could have succeeded Zentouryuu if not for Shikizaki Kiki’s gender requirement. Her son who succeeded Zentouryuu was hinted to be Sabi Hakuhei due to their similar habits of saying something at the end of their sentences.

In the light novel, she did meet and fight Nanami. The results of the battle was unknown.

Nanami: Where did I hear that name before?

Shang: Hida Clan Rebellion….

Nanami: Oh, that…. Father did mention about her to Shichika.

Shang: If I remember correctly, the shogunate makes sure there is no public records of her.

Shang’s thoughts: She’s basically a weapon of mass destruction and shogunate was right to keep her hidden. The light novel mentions she can destroy a country within days. Compare to her. Tang dynasty’s Wang Xuance who can only destroyed a country within years is nothing.

Houou: We have our own sources.

Nanami: Shang

Shang: Yes?

Nanami: I want to fight her.

Shang:............

Shang’s thoughts: I knew this was coming….

Shang: Fine

Shang hands Emonzaemon’s mask to Houou.

Shang: Send this to Togame. She will know what to do with it.

Houou: And the second request?

Shang: I would like you both to be Nanami’s sparring partner for the time being.

Houou: Both of us?

Shang: Both of your two hundred years of fighting experience should be enough, right?

Houou: My evaluation of Kokken tells me two hundred years is not enough.

Shang: Then over three hundred years?

Houou: You know someone who lived that long ?

Shang: There is one and I don't really want to see him.

Shang: Higaki Rinne.

22