Chapter 16 – Kokken Sensei
636 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang: If I remember correctly, it works similarly to Kyouken’s Ninpou.

Shang: I suppose I and Nanami will handle that deviant blade too.

Shang: These will be my plans for now. Any comments?

Houou: No comment. We will proceed as planned.

Shang: I have already changed the future. Houou

Shang: I am not surprised if there will be unexpected changes.

Shang: I hope you guys will adjust to them.

Houou: I understand. For Kyouken, I will leave her with you.

Shang: Thank you. Good night then, Houou

Houou: Good night. Foreigner (Ganjin)...no…. Adviser (Komon) Shang.

Houou carries the unconscious Pengin in one arm and disappeared into the night.

Shang looks up at the stars.

Shang’s thoughts: Four more blades and a head to go…. I hope I don't have to include more heads in the process.

Shang turns in for the night.

The next morning……….

Sounds of falling trees wake Shang up like an alarm clock.

Shang’s thoughts: Really….just let me sleep a bit longer.

Shang wakes out of his tent and sees the fight between Nanami and Kokken.

Shang’s thoughts: What are you guys doing to nature? Deforestation? Nature will be crying. No...it is already crying.

Shang looks at the mess they did as he thinks.

Shang could also hear them speaking while exchanging blows.

Kokken: Interesting nyan~. It’s like fighting two users of Kyotouryuu nyan~.

Kokken speaks as she evades a fast incoming attack from Nanami:

Nanami: Thank you for your praise.

Nanami says as she attempts another hit at Kokken.

Kokken: Mutsue should be happy to have a daughter like you nyan~.

Nanami stops in her tracks when she hears that.

Kokken: What’s wrong nyan~?

Nanami: Nothing.

Kokken: Let’s continue then nyan~. Show me how you defeat my son nyan~.

Nanami: Here I come!

Shang’s thoughts: I guess the time what Yasuri Mutsue did to her still affects her.

Shang thinks as he sees the conversation between Kokken and Nanami.

Shang’s thoughts: There is something wrong with Mutsue’s actions.

Shang’s thoughts: He could have killed Nanami when Shichika was not around, but he did that instead.

Shang’s thoughts: Nothing in the light novel mentions that Mutsue had a death wish.

Shang’s thoughts: I can suppose the attempted murder of Nanami was to complete the deviant blade, Kyotou, Yasuri.

Shang finds Shikizaki Kiki’s methods of making Kyotou and Zentou are similar to the methods martial artists in the Shang’s main world used to reach further weapon realms.

To become a blade, one must think like a blade, fight like a blade and feel like a blade.

It’s no different from becoming a killing machine.

Shang’s thoughts: I wonder if Sabi Family did the same thing.

As Shang thinks, the fight between Kokken and Nanami was over.

Kokken: As I thought nyan~, you have achieved what I and my son couldn’t achieve nyan~.

Nanami: Huh?

Kokken: People only call me Kensei of all kensei because anything I wield can be a katana, but they never thought I could do that because of Zentouryuu nyan~.

Kokken: In the end, Zentouryuu is never my blade nyan~.

Shang’s thoughts: I guess Hakuhei also figured it out and abandoned Zentouryuu. He might have won Nanami if he used Zentouryuu,

Nanami: What are you talking about?

Kokken: Nothing. I was just thinking aloud.

Kokken smiles as she looks at Nanami.

Kokken’s thoughts: A Kensei that does not use katana, I wonder how many people become despair if they hear this nyan~.

Kokken: Nanami.

Nanami: Yes?

Kokken: Do you want to learn Zentouryuu nyan~?

Nanami: I don’t think I can learn Zentouryuu. If I remember correctly, Zentouryuu requires one to wield a weapon. As a Kyotouryuu user, I don’t think I should be wielding one.

Kokken: Oh, who told you that nyan~?

Nanami: Shang did.

Kokken: I see...Shang nyan~.

Kokken looks at the Shang like a cat who has just found a new toy.

This gives Shang goosebumps.

Shang’s thought: Don’t look at me like that. I am not interesting in a fifty year old lolita.

Kokken: It is correct that the requirement for Zentouryuu.is to wield a weapon.

Kokken says as she turns back to Nanami.

Kokken: Have you thought as a blade, you could use Zentouryuu without wielding anything?

Nanami: I don’t think I can do it.

Nanami’s technique only allows her to copy trained abilities and techniques. Combining and creating new techniques is not her forte.

Kokken: No, you can do it nyan~.

Kokken: All you need is a teacher who can guide you nyan~.

Nanami: And that will be?

Kokken: From now on, call me Kokken Sensei nyan~.

17