Chapter 33 – The Daughter-in-law Test
384 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang: More and more people are coming.

Shang says before turning to the masked Yuanshan who is beside him.

He and Shang are standing on the rooftops of Hero-gathering Manor, watching the entrance.

Shang: Do you want Red Shoes to step in?

Yuanshan: No need. I will save my son when he needs it.

Shang: What about your future daughter-in-law Ah Zhu?

Yuanshan: Hmph.

During the time after Xiao Feng visit his adoptive parents and went to see his martial arts teacher, Xuanku who is at the nearby Shaolin temple, Shang and Yuanshan were behind following him without giving out any of their presence.

Xuanku originally should have died due to a combination of heatstroke and internal injuries after surviving and getting hit from Yuanshan’s stealth attack but this time he died a monk’s death peacefully instead after talking to Xiao Feng.

Shang and Yuanshan continues to watch how Ah Zhu stole Shaolin Temple’s Muscle & Tendon Transformation Sutra and how Xiao Feng rescues her from the temple. Hearing the decision of Xiao Feng, Shang and Yuanshan decided to reach the Hero-gathering Manor before they arrive.

What Ah Zhu had stolen was not Shaolin Temple's highly ranked inner energy martial art, Muscle & Tendon Transformation Sutra (Yi-jin Jing). It is actually the Iddhipada Sutra (Shen-zu Jing) where Muscle & Tendon Transformation Sutra is partially based on. The Shaolin monks are unable to discover the hidden sanskrit text of Iddhipada Sutra that they only based on current text they could see to create Muscle & Tendon Transformation Sutra.

Iddhipada Sutra is a strange yoga art from Magadha, India (Tianzhu). The condition for learning it is that one must not have the heart to learn martial arts. Those who practice it, would have increased inner energy source and could convert any energy to true energy.

This book was given by Ah Zhu to Xiao Feng and then Xiao Feng would drop it into the hands of another person.

Yuanshan: If it wasn’t for her, my son wouldn’t have to come here to look for help.

The meet at Hero-gathering Manor was actually for marital heroes of the Han people to know each other and then one of the widely known Khitan people whom they have hatred for, Xiao Feng turns up in their meet. The people would either kill Xiao Feng for fame or for revenge against Liao army who has been killing their people.

Yuanshan: Daughter-in-law? Hmph! I still have not approved it!

Shang: To save her, Xiao Feng has to remove her clothes. In other words, he already seen some part of her body. If he doesn’t take responsibility, who else will? You?

Shang: When your wife hears about this, do you think she will forgive you for abandoning her?

Shang: Even if I keep my mouth sealed, the women of the Red Shoes would figure out and tell her.

Shang: So how?

Yuanshan:.... I’ll see how it goes.

Shang: Actually, even if you don’t rescue her, her cleverness should be able to help her find a way to escape.

Yuanshan:....

Yuanshan: Let that be a test then.

Shang: Test?

Yuanshan: If fate still brings them together after this, I will approve their relationship with no words taken back.

Shang: A man of your words?

Yuanshan: A man of my words.

Shang: Then I win.

Yuanshan: Huh?

Shang: Yuanshan, Yuanshan, when did you ever once win me in predicting?

12