Chapter 38 – Title has been sold for one bitcoin
327 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before Yanqing says anything, the straightforward Yue stands forward and shouts at Shang who is blocking their path.

Yue: Who dares to block the path?

Shang: I, Shang Yinchao is pleased to meet the Crocodile Deity of the Southern Sea.

Shang gives a bow in greeting.

Yue: Oh? You know who I am.

Shang: of course.

Yue: Since you know who I am and you still dare block my path, You must have a lot of courage to do that,

Shang’s thoughts: My courage is proudly sponsored by Liang Jingru (Fish Leong), Tomatsu Haruka and Justin Hines.

The celebrities which are mentioned above have similar song titles.

Yue: Are you not afraid of me killing you?

Shang: Of course, I am scared.

Yue: Then why are you standing here? Get out of our way!

Yue tries to Shang aside but he couldn’t do it

Yue: Hmm?

It was not normal push but a palm strike that uses up inner energy.

Yue realizes his attack did not work on Shang and takes out his giant scissors.

Yue: Tell you to move aside and you would not listen. You must be looking down on me! Don’t blame me if I kill you!

Yue strikes at Shang with his scissors after saying.

Shang smiles and catches the scissors between his two fingers by holding it.

Yue tries to move his scissors from Shang but couldn’t do it. Shang then releases his hold, causing Yue to lost his balance and fall backwards.

Yue looks at Shang and then looks at his weapon. Yue then looks back at Shang with a bewildered look.

Yue: What kind of sorcery of that?

Shang: Sorcery? Not really. It’s just a finger technique.

Shang says as he smiles.

What Shang has used was Tacit Finger (Ling-xi Yi-zhi). It is one of Lu Xiaofeng martial arts where he can catch and hold enemies’ weapons. As told in the Legend of Lu Xiaofeng, This martial art is known as the World’s number one finger technique and its name is based on a poem that was written by Tang dynasty poet, Li Shangyin.

The word “Ling-xi” is based on a ancient chinese legend that the white lines which connects the two horns on the rhinoceros allows it to have sensitive detection of its surroundings. It is also used to mean tacit feelings.

To create this martial art, Shang had to borrow ideas from Duan Family’s Yiyang Finger and one of Shaolin Temple’s Seventy Two Techniques, Mahabala Vajra Finger (Da-li Jin-gang Zhi). After creating and using it on Yue, Shang smiles to himself, feeling accomplished.

Yue: Finger technique? Not even one of Shaolin Temple’s martial arts can do that.

Yue: Tell me the name of the technique you are using. I must remember it.

Shang smiles without answering.

Shang’s thoughts: Mahabala Vajra Finger allows one to tear through stone and metal with two fingers that have to be close together. Only Lu Xiaofeng would think of using two fingers separately to catch and hold weapons.

Yue is angered when Shang does not answer him.

Before he could do anything, he hears a voice.

Yanqing: Third Brother, come back. You’re no match for him.

Duan Yanqìng who was watching both Yue and Shang, calls out to Yue using ventriloquism.

He notices there is no martial pressure emitting from Shang and assumes he is hiding his strength.

Yue: But Big Brother, he…

Yanqing: Come back.

This time Yanqing says with a stricter tone.

Yue flinches to the voice and runs back to Yanqing’s side.

Yanqing looks to Shang and says.

Yanqing: Mister Shang of the Xuan Wu Sect, we, the Four Great Villains have no business with you. Why are you blocking our path?

Shang: My reason for blocking your path was a request from someone.

Yanqing: Who?

Shang: The Bodhisattva who lives outside Tianlong Temple.

The Bodhisattva who lives outside Tianlong Temple was Dao Baifeng.

Because of Zhengchun’s habit of seeing other women, she decided to take revenge by sleeping with another man and that man was Duan Yanqing.

Shang has not meet Baifeng and Baifeng has not given a request to Shang. It’s a lie that Shang cooked up.

Yanqing does not believe Shang’s words but when Shang says his secret which he kept from the other three, he decided to believe him a little.

Yanqing:... How is she?

Shang: She is doing fine.

Yanqing:... What is her request?

The reason Yanqing was after Zhengchun in Little Mirror Lake is that the current emperor of Dablit Guaif, Emperor Baoding, Duan Zhengming had decided to pass down the throne to him. Yanqing thinks that by killing Zhengchun, he would be able to succeed the throne.

Shang: She hopes you will give up on Duan Zhengchun.

Yanqing:.... How is she related to him?

Shang: She did not say anything but she did say she will tell you once the time is right.

Yanqing owes his life to Baifeng. If it’s not for her, he would have died a beggar’s death.

However, there is one wrong he must have it corrected. The successor to the throne should be him.

Yanqing: I will only let him go this time. For her sake.

Yanqing turns his back on Shang and walks away with his iron crutches.

Yue: Big Brother, are we still killing?

Yanqing: No killing today. Let’s go.

Yanqing’s thoughts: But the next time...

Yanqing’s voice later rang throughout Little Mirror Lake.

Yanqing: DUAN ZHENGCHUN, COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY THAT YOU WILL NOT DIE THIS TIME!

The Four Great Villains disappear into the forest of Little Mirror Lake.

Zhengchun, along with his protectors and family approaches Shang from behind.

As they did not hear the conversation between Yanqing and Shang, they have questions about actions of the ex-crown prince who decided to give up this time.

Shang give them an answer.

Shang: If you want to thank, you should thank your lady.

Zhengchun: Fenghuang-er (Baifeng)? What connections she has with the Four Great Villains?

Shang: That’s between you and her. An outsider like me shouldn’t intervene.

Shang walks off, leaving Zhengchun to figure it out.

11