Chapter 39 – Ah Zi
303 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the matter at Little Mirror Lake, Shang split ways with Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu. Ah Zhu follows Xiao Feng to Liao in spite of Duan Zhengchun’s objections as she is his daughter and a princess of Dablit Guaif. Her mother, Ruan Xingzhu agrees as she owes Ah Zhu a lot for abandoning her.

According to the original plot, the Fisherman Chu Wanli was supposed to die in Little Mirror Lake. After he was ashamed of being defeated by Ah Zi who uses Silk Lock on him, he tried to get back his pride by defeating Duan Yanqing but he died after failing to do so.

Another person who is supposed to die was Ah Zhu. Before coming to Little Mirror Lake, Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu were given false information by Kangmin that Duan Zhengchun was the one who lead the attack on Xiao Feng’s parents thirty years ago. They fail to realize Zhengchun who was around ten years old at time, could not have the fame or strength to lead such an attack. After knowing that Zhengchun was her father, she disguised and sacrificed herself so that Xiao Feng would let go of her father.

Kangmin was later crippled and disfigured by Ah Zi in revenge for her sister, Ah Zhu. She died after looking at her reflection by using a hand mirror.

With Shang’s inference, the fates of the above mentioned people are avoided but there is one problem.

Ah Zi who is supposed to follow and fall in love with Xiao Feng is currently following Shang. Because of Shang’s feats at Little Mirror Lake, she thinks Shang is stronger than Xiao Feng and with Shang’s around, she would be safe from the members of the Constellation Sect.

Shang would love to avoid being followed by her as she is considered the troublemaker in Tian Long Ba Bu.

The first trouble was causing the death of Chu Wanli which is already avoided.

The second trouble was giving false information about the location of the Divine Wood King’s Cauldron (Shen-mu-wang Ding) which is one of the Constellation sect’s three treasures. Beggar Sect was later attacked by the members Constellation Sect who believed it is in those beggars’ hands due to the information provided by Ah Zi.

Divine Wood King’s Cauldron is a hand-sized wooden cauldron that could attract all kinds of poisonous creatures to it when incense is burnt in it. It is very important to Ding Chunqiu as he used it to master Energy Dissolution (Hua-gong Da-fa) which dissolves one’s inner energy using venoms from poisonous creatures. If this was used on martial artist, it would cause them to lost their inner energy and die. There are others who managed to survive for a few more months to tell the tale of this martial art.

The last trouble was creating an enemy. You Tanzhi whose father and uncle were killed by Xiao Feng at Hero-gathering Manor, has been searching for him till he reached Liao. After his failed attempt at assassination, he was released by Xiao Feng and captured by Ah Zi. After being forced to wear an iron mask and have a name, Iron Clown, Tanzhi worked as Ah Zi’s slave until some time later that he started to fall in love with Ah Zi.

You Tanzhi later becomes a martial expert who can fight Xiao Feng on equal terms after being part of the Ah Zhi’s martial experiment with the thousand-year-old Frost Silkworm. If he was not lacking experience, You Tanzhi could have won and killed Xiao Feng.

Ah Zi is no longer with Xiao Feng, so Shang would not know what fate would have in store for Tanzhi.

Ah Zi: Wait for me!

Ah Zi calls out to Shang.

Shang:...

Shang ignores her and continues walking.

Ah Zi: Oi!

Ah Zi: Why are you ignoring me?

Shang:...

This continues after a certain long distance

Shang finally turns back and looks at her.

Ah Zi: You finally stop.

Shang:... Didn’t I release your inner energy?

Ah Zi: You did release my inner energy but I still feel weak all away.

Shang: If you are feeling weak, then you should be staying with your parents.

Ah Zi: What’s so fun being with them?

Shang: Fun? Why do you say it’s not fun with them?

Ah Zi: Too many rules! I hate being bound by rules!

Shang: Didn’t your sect have rules too?

Ah Zi: Sect rules? What’s with the sect rules when the head of sect doesn’t follow them?

Shang: Oh? There was something like that?

Ah Zi: Yeah, I feel disgusted when I recall it.

Shang’s thoughts: Right, I remember there is something written somewhere in the novel about Ding Chunqiu taking advantage of Ah Zi. His actions creep Ah Zi out that she stole the sect treasures and ran away.

Shang: So you are afraid of your sect?

Ah Zi: Afraid? Why should I be afraid of them?

Ah Zi: With you around, I will be safe.

Shang: When did I become your bodyguard?

Ah Zi: If you don’t protect me, I will tell my father!

Shang: Then if you die, how are you going to tell your father.

Ah Zi: This… I already told my father that you will be bodyguard, so If I die, you will have to face the wrath of my father and Dablit Guaif.

Shang’s thoughts:... I can already see you’re lying.

Shang: That would be troublesome for me.

Ah Zi: He he, so you better take good care of me.

Shang: But I have conditions.

Ah Zi: What conditions?

Shang: Be obedient.

Shang turns and walks away.

Shang’s thoughts: But, would she?

10