Chapter 48 – Martial Arts or Life
240 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiumozhi: Wild-shot Fist? I have never heard of such martial art.

Shang: Wild-shot Fist is the hardest martial art to master in this world.

Jiumozhi: Hardest? How hard?

Shang: It might require you to take fifty years to master it.

Jiumozhi: Fif.. Fifty years!? What kind of martial arts is that?

Shang: Well, it is...

Wild-shot Fist is actually a martial art which the protagonist would have at the start in the video game, Heroes of Jin Yong. It requires the player to use the skill more than sixty-eight times to raise its level. At level one to nine, the skill is completely useless. Only at level ten, it becomes a overpowered skill.

In further versions of Heroes of Jin Yong, it becomes similar to Dugu’s Nine Swords where it anticipates hostile intent and allows the user to attack before being attacked.

This martial art is based on the idea that if one has mastered the basic techniques of any type of martial arts, it should be easy for one to anticipate attacks of the advanced martial arts as they are evolved from these basic techniques

The above mentioned theory is how Shang explains to Jiumozhi about Wild-shot Fist.

Jiumozhi: IMPOSSIBLE! IMPOSSIBLE! MARTIAL ARTS HAVE NO WEAKNESS!

Jiumozhi starts to enter the state of having inner devils.

Shang could only sigh and restrain him by fighting.

After being restrained for some time, Jiumozhi starts to speak after his mind becomes clear.

Jiumozhi: So what you say is true?

Jiumozhi is hoping Shang was lying as he has wasted so many years of his life, looking for the strongest martial arts and only to find out that the strongest martial arts could also be the weakest martial arts.

Shang: If you understand there is no such thing as world’s number one martial arts, you wouldn’t be in that state.

Shang: But before we continue, it’s better for me to cure your internal injuries.

Jiumozhi: Internal injuries? I don’t remember being injured that deeply by anyone,

Shang: To be precise, they are caused by the Shaolin techniques which you mastered.

Jiumozhi: This... how did you know I have mastered Shaolin techniques?

Shang: Duan Yu told me about what happened between you and him.

Shang’s thoughts: I cannot say that the facts from the novel, right?

Before kidnapping Duan Yu, Jiumozhi himself has brought martial manuals of Shaolin in exchange for Six Meridian Divine Swords. He has to retaliate with Shaolin techniques when fighting the monks of Tianlong Temple who are using Six Meridian Sword Formation against him.

Jiumozhi: I see. Looks like I have left a bad impression with Young Master Duan.

Shang: That’s what he thinks of you. To me, I feel that you are just a martial maniac who has not cross the line of humanity.

Jiumozhi: Benefactor, you think too highly of me.

Shang: I don’t know who passed you the Shaolin techniques but it seems you mastered the flawed version of them.

Jiumozhi: What do you mean by flawed version?

Shang: From what I know, Shaolin techniques are passed down by mouth. Any martial manual found in the temple are just traps for people who try to steal martial arts.

Jiumozhi: Traps, you say…

Jiumozhi’s thoughts: My dear friend, Murong Bo. Shaolin Temple is not as simple as we thought.

These traps were taken and mastered by Murong Bo who has been hiding inside Shaolin Temple. He later exchanged them for Jiumozhi’s Flame Sabre.

Shang: Hmm… Looks like I have to dissolve all your martial arts, including Little Phaseless Skill.

Jiumozhi: How did you know I mastered Little Phaseless Skill ?

Shang: There is only one Daoist martial skill that can replicate the enemy's martial art and energy flow. That would be Little Phaseless Skill.

Shang says as he taps the shoulders of the restrained Jiumozhi.

Shang: So how? Do you want to keep them or have them dissolved?

Jiumozhi:...

Jiumozhi has a hard time deciding whether to keep them or have them dissolved.

If he keeps them, his internal injuries will worsen and his life is in danger,

If he doesn’t keep them, he is cured and he had to remaster all martial arts he had learnt.

What makes Jiumozhi pick the latter was the pain that comes from the internal injuries which he had just found while channeling his energy.

Jiumozhi: Dissolve them. Between martial arts and life, I choose life.

Shang: Wise decision.

Shang says as he readies the energy in his palms for Jiumozhi.

8